Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-16-2010, 04:06 PM   #1  
Luz

S/C/G: 138/135/105

Height: 4'11"

Talking New and taking that 1st step!

Hello everyone!

I am new to the board- and also new to my weight loss journey.

My Name is Luz. I am 27 years old. I am barely 4' 11" and have always been slender. My weight from the age of 16-22 was always between 105-110

I have now come to realize that the main reason I was able to maintain that weight was that I was young and was a super picky eater. As I got older- I realized I was missing out on a lot of delicious food (avocados, bacon, cream cheese- are some of the things I refused to even taste when I was younger) and I started forcing myself to try stuff. Well- let's just say I loved almost everything I tasted!

In 2006 I got married. My husband has a great appetite and can consume insane amounts of food without gaining too much weight. As newlyweds, our favorite date nights always included going to restaurants or ordering out for delivery.

Over the years, I noticed that I was gaining weight- but I was in denial over how much. Until last week. We are planning a beach vacation this summer and I decided to try on a bikini. BIG MISTAKE!!!

or I guess I should say it was a Big wake up call! I finally bought a scale and weighed myself: 138lbs!

I know that 138 lbs might not seem like a huge number- but for my body frame it is definitely a lot. I have put on 33 lbs- and am officially starting on my path to losing them.

I hope to share my journey with everyone here- I already read some success stories and they have truly motivated me!

If you made it this far- thank you for reading
Luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/240/220

Height: 5'4

Welcome! I'm new too and I definitely understand how hard it is. I never gained a lot of weight until I started getting depressed and put on meds. I was always pretty active but I've gotten pretty sedentary over the years and I ate a lot.

I've noticed that it's gotten easier to eat better since I left home. It's always amazing at how other people's eating habits can really influence yours.
highflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #3  
Transforming through God

Everyone is welcome here! There is a 'featherweight' section here for people who may not have a lot to lose or who are starting at a lower weight - you may find a lot of support there, but all the other sections are very supportive too

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
MyBestYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/132/135

Height: 5'3

Welcome and hope you can wear that bikini on your vacation with pride..
RoseRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #5  
Luz

S/C/G: 138/135/105

Height: 4'11"

thank you for the replies everyone

highflyer- you are so right about the influence others can have on your eating habits. I'm making an effort to eat less junk and thankfully my husband has been supportive. He no longer calls me to offer me a Starbucks frap or some McDonald's fries on his way home from work.

Mybestyear and Rose- thank you for the welcome
Luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/240/220

Height: 5'4

We're usually pretty good about not eating out too much but we do live close to a Mcdonalds and the temptation is there sometimes. I was trying to cut back this weekend cause I really over did it and my partner got arbys after I had already eaten! I felt guilty and ate it. I know I shouldn't have, so that's my fault but that's cool. I'll just work harder this week.
highflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/290/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Luz.

Welcome to the site.

Deb
saltymama57 is offline   Reply With Quote