Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/250/190

Height: 5'11"

Default Losing What I Gained

Hey everyone! Little bit about me, not this new years, but the year before I was pretty fed up with my job and after some research decided I wanted to join the army. Only problem was I weighed about 300 lbs...a little bit over their accepted weight for a guy of my height so I started eatting better and working out. I got to where I'd go to the gym twice a day, once to Gold's alone, and once at the air force base with a friend of mine and I got down to about 220 lbs. So I had like...I think 10 lbs to go to where my body/fat ratio would be considered acceptable even if my weight wasn't and I started actually meeting with recruiters. I don't know all the details, but basically because I have a few spots of psoriasis I was told that I'd mostlikely not make it through meps and...yeah it was a big disappointment considering I had been working so hard to get in for those 7 months.

So between that, being laid off, losing my apartment and other issues I fell into a bad depression. I started college last fall, which while I enjoy it, the medical field has plenty of it's stressful aspects which made things worse for me. So slowly the weight came back as I had lost the motivation to work out, and also just not being able to afford a gym membership didn't help.

So for now I'm currently at 250something, and with the weather getting nicer I've felt more motivated to exercise. So I started working out at the school gym and trying to get motivated to get back to eatting better as well. Anyway I thought I'd join a forum with people trying to do the same, this one came up, so here I am.

Sorry for the intro being so long >_<

Last edited by Lab Rat; 03-30-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Lab Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:38 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

LABRAT ~ sorry you have had such a time of it; but so many of turn to food for comfort when we should try to find other solutions ... but you are back on your healthy journey and really that is the best motivator of all ... YOUR HEALTH!!! NOW is the time to do whatever you can to better your health and good for you for getting back on the horse (so2speak).

Just continue on; that is one of the most important lessons to learn. Whenever you make a mistake, just keep on going the next day, next meal, and/or the next snack. Writing down what you eat helps a lot too. We have lots of other guys here too: they post all over the forums. Come back often; that really helps in the long run ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote