Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #1  

Default New here! Angie from IL

Hi! Just searching for good weight loss and fitness forums to become a member of and this one looks really good. Ran across a few doozies but glad to have found ya'll (OK now that carrot is cute LOL).

I'm Angie, live in IL and have been trying to lead a healthy lifestyle since 2005. I have had many ups and downs over the years and at one point lost over 80+ lbs but gained quite a bit back. I'm working my way back down!

I'm very active, going to the gym regularly and working out at home. I'm very new to running and will start training to run/walk a 1/2 marathon in Dec. It's in Jamaica and called the Reggae Marathon. Hubby will run it with me. Very nervous but somewhat excited too. We got to Jamaica for vacation every year so this will be something fun to experience.

I motivate and help others on their weight loss journey via my weight loss blog and website, Facebook, Twitter, etc. It been great knowing that sharing my experience inspires others with their journey. Sometimes we need support too though right?

I'm glad to be here and look forward to getting to know you all. If I missed anything and you want to know more or have any questions, I'm pretty much and open book so ask away.

Nice to meet you
angienewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #2  
Sexy in 2010

S/C/G: 320/288/200

Height: 5" 8

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with that Marathon... I participated in a 1/2 marathon a few years ago in Dallas Tx and it was pretty touch. Since your hubby run with you and the destination is sooooo nice, it might not be too bad. 80lb is a huge weight loss - how did you do it? Althought you've gained some back, that's still a great accomplishment. The most I've ever lost is 23lbs, but I plan to exceed that amount this time. I'm determined to lose between 80-110lbs without surgery. So far I've lost about 19lbs - I've got a loooooong way to go, but I'm still motivated
Mrs Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 246/198/140

Height: 5' 7"

hi! I'm new too!

The reggae marathon sounds like the awesomest thing ever.

I've always wanted to go to Jamaica! Maybe I'll do it someday!

Nice to meet you!!!
jstanorangecountygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:31 PM   #4  

Thank you both for the welcomes!

Mrs. Business, you can do it without surgery for sure! The first 70 lbs I lost doing mostly Walk Away the Pounds dvd's at home by Leslie Sansone. Then I added in Turbo Jam (kickboxing) and it did wonders BUT about 2 years ago I had knee issues and doc said no more kickboxing. I was totally devastated. It was like my baby, I loved going to Turbo Kick classes, did Turbo Jam at home and just loved it. But I had to change things and so I then started taking spin (cycling) classes at the gym and hubby and I have been doing those ever since. And now running! My favorite form of cardio is the Elliptical but I don't get to use it too often now.

As for everything else, I gave up soda about 3 months before I even started changing anything else. It took a while to get over that but gosh it was totally worth it. It's now been almost 5 years since I gave that up. Then of course major portion control which I am struggling with now but am wising back up. You CAN do this and I am looking forward to cheering you on. You have done so great already so just keep it up. It's been a long time since I have jumped on a scale but I imagine I'm around 240 so I have about 100 lbs that I want to lose. I mostly focus on inch loss, it's more motivating!

orangecountygrl, welcome to you too! Glad we found this forum. Hubby and I are excited to experience the Reggae Marathon that is for sure. I have read good things about it. Definitely try to get to Jamaica, it's amazing!

Angie
angienewton is offline   Reply With Quote