Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/237/170

Height: 5'4"

Default Just Joined Today

Hello everyone,

I'm sure my weight loss struggles are similiar to many others but when it's just you and your own self misery it can feel like everyone else is having a great time except you and your fat self. I had a "make the connection" era about 8 or 9 years ago when I went from 232 down to 165. I never felt so good in my life. I met my now husband and life has been great. For some reason to celebrate my happy marriage I decided to return to my once all time high of 232 pounds plus 5 more pounds (just for a little bit of extra happiness I guess). Anyhow, I am really trying to make another connection again in 2010 and I only hope that I can keep it off this time after the acute weight loss phase. I'm looking forward to finding support through others out there who are also working hard on their health.
onanotherquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #2  

Welcome and good luck. I've just started myself and it's a long, hard road.. but I'm positive you can do it!
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 272/209/150

Height: 5'2"

I am new to this site but not new to dieting. I have been dieting "forever!" I can lose weight, but have a heck of a time keeping it off! I have been dieting since June and have lost around 65 pounds. I decided that I would not keep a scale in the house this time around! I know that daily weighing is good for some people, but during the weight loss phase, I let the numbers on the scale affect me too much. I have been weighing when I see my doctor on a regular basis - which comes up again on the 18th of this month. I will get another reality check. My goal is to weigh 160 or so by a family reunion in June. I live in Nebraska and we have had a hint of spring the past couple of days! I love snow but I am always ready for the freshness of spring! I love life and rejoice every time I get to share a laugh or smile with someone! I consider dieting a journey along a winding road. We will experience some hills and valleys along with a few sharp turns and a few leisurely curves. I look forward to traveling with you all along the way.
lovelife is offline   Reply With Quote