Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-18-2010, 08:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Grananny needs some support friends

Hi Eveyone -

New to this site but glad to be here. I just started the IP program yesterday and know myself enough that I need some support. Hope I have found the right place.

I am finally trying to deal with my weight since I want to be around to enjoy my grandchildren for a long time. My weight has been a problem since I delivered my last child (#3 who was over 10 lbs when born!). Seems my whole metabolism went crazy then - migraine headaches started, weight gain, bad cycles - the whole crazy life. I was very thin until then - in my mid 30's. The problem is that I still "think" thin and am surprised when I look in the mirror and the sight is not what my mind thinks about my body. Does that make sense to anyone?

I opted for the Alternative Plan because every other time I have lost weight - Jenny Craig twice, Weight Watchers, diet pills - about the 20 lb. mark - my hair falls out! I have just spent a year getting it to grow back after my latest Jenny Craig episode. So I am nervous about the IP plan also.

So here begins the journey again - hope I can figure out how to use this site!
Grananny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Hi Grananny! I'm new here myself, and also looking for support.

I'd never heard of the IP diet before, so I had to look it up. Waaay to restricting for me! Right now I'm going with a simple, low-sugar diet. Sparing a long story, I found out sugar was causing me lower-abdominal pains.
So when I looked up how to cut sugar, I was shocked at what we put sugar in. Basically everything. Things that aren't even sweet. I don't think it's natural. So I'm basically going low-sugar, and cutting out some processed foods.

See, if I tried a very restricting diet, I would give up quickly. It helps that with this method, I know I have stomach pains and cramps looming in my future if I cheat.

Good luck sticking with it! Read some stories around here, they really motivated me. The stories are inspirational. In that, "heck, I can do that, too!" kind of way.

One last note: I'm concerned about your hair loss. Have you seen a doctor to rule out thyroid problems and nutritional disorders?
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote