Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #1  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

Default Starting over again.

I'm trying to reach my final weight loss goal this year.

I've battled my weight off and on for the last 20 years. At 21, I weighed around 125. I gained up to almost 200 in my early 20's, then lost down to 145 by age 26. Stayed stable there for a few years, then met my husband (super skinny, 6'2" and 135) and had to cook for him. I did get 35 needed pounds onto him, but I gained back up to about 180 over about 5 years myself. Then lost back down to 160. Then gained it back when I went into outside sales in my late 30's, realized I weighed 184 and better go on a diet. But oops, I'm pregnant! Can't do that. Got back to 184 right after the baby, but stalled there. A year ago (Feb 08), I decided I better do something. I lost down to 152 by Thanksgiving, but got sidetracked by the holidays, then my husband was out of work for 5 months. It's harder to eat healthy foods when you are really watching the budget. So I crept back up to 164 over the last 6 or 7 months.

I WILL hit the 130's again this year. And I'd like to get back to where I was before I started this crazy cycle. But I need support - hoping I'll get it here.

I get a lot of : You look great now. It's not healthy to be too thin. etc., etc. Usually from the 21 year olds I work with who wear a size 1. Or from others who liked it that I was overweight with them.

I want to look and feel good for me. And I don't want my child to be embarrassed that he has an old, overweight mom. Can't change my age, but I can look as good as possible for my age!

So here goes . . . .
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/305/130

Height: 5'6

Good Luck! You have the right set in mind, do it for yourself!
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:10 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 3"

Good Luck! You can surely do it.
willgethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

Please continue to post and make yourself at home. We're glad you're here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote