Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-22-2009, 08:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 199.2/180.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Another Newbie-ready to live life to the fullest!

Hi all-I've been posting on the 30-something's board for about a week now (you folks are great, by the way!) and thought I'd introduce myself to everyone else. I'm 32, been married for a little over 10 years and have a 6 yr old.

I haven't been overweight all my life-in fact, in college, I remember my mom asking me if I ate! I'm 5'2", and in college, my all-time lowest weight was probably 99 lbs. I was very restrictive with what I ate. I met DH in college and if I knew we were going out to eat that night, I would eat a tiny breakfast, no lunch, run about 3miles then eatwhatever I wanted when we went out. The more we saw one another, the pounds began to creep on.

When we married in 1998, I was 110 pounds, size 2. I would run about 2-3 miles almost everyday. My eating habits truly started to turn southward-lots of fried food and my weakness, chocolate.

By the time we had been married for three years I was at 125 pounds- I know now that this was probably a really optimal weight to be. I found out we were expecting our DD. I had some bleeding at the beginning and was petrified to exert myself, for fear of losing her. I didn't, and 9 months later, we had a beautiful baby girl and I was tipping the scales while pregnant, at 181.

The first 20 pounds came off quickly (within the first 2 weeks after she was born). The rest of the weight has been a pain.

I did South Beach and got down to 138, then my grandfather passed away (in 2004) and I began eating again-I think I used food to comfort myself through that. The weight slowly crept back on again and by May 2007, I weighed 183 lbs.

My DH (who is also overweight) and I decided we needed to get back on track with our weight in Jan. 2008. From Jan-May I lost about 30 pounds. I've been able to stay around 155 for the last year-which I'm pretty proud of since I went through some stressful times that past year-career change-back to school, losing money from not working any longer. I want to get back to around 125. That is my initial goal. I'm trying to do it the old fashioned way-exercise and eating right.

I'm doing pretty well-my days are great eating and exercise-wise but dinner has been problematic-we've eaten out sooo much and we're (my dh and I) aren't strong enough yet to help each other out with saying no.

I just want to be able to live my life the way that I want to-do the things I want to do without worrying about my weight and wear the clothes I want to and be a good influence on those in my life.

Anyway, sorry this was so long-just wanted to say hi and I can't wait to meet more of you on this site. I hope that I can encourage all of you as much as I have been encouraged already!
indymom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/194/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Indymom, Good for you maintaining 155!! That is fantastic. Eating out is a big problem for me too, but I too am trying for a lifestyle change. I'm planning to have some frozen meals at home ready for those busy days, or at least the stuff ready to whip them up. Even an egg, toast, and some fresh fruit can be supper! Good luck to you, and you already know you can lose and maintain. I know you'll do it! Joan
RoamingJoan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #3  
No description available.

Welcome!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote