Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-20-2009, 12:28 AM   #1  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Wink Hello From a Newbie in Virginia

Hello,
My name is Aggie and my daughter told me about this website. I have been visiting for awhile now and thought I would try my hand at a formal introduction to all.
I started my weight loss journery just before Thanksgiving. I started at 359.7 and since then I have stayed focused and have lost 27.6 pounds. Now I am 331.6, just trying to make it for my first 10%. My goal is to be 165 pounds. It has taken me a very long time to get to this point that I had to do something or not live very long. I have not always been large and I don't even remember when it got this bad, but it is. My children had started to worry about me. I started to worry about myself so I knew I had to make a change.
I don't know about any of you, but I had gotten to the point I was tired of hearing the soft jokes as I walked by, or the childrens laughing and calling names, going places and not being sure if there would be a seat large enough for me to sit in. I started just not going out, only to work and church. I hated shopping, for nothing fit and what did was horrible looking, somtimes I just wanted to fade away, but then one day, a voice spoke to me and said you can be all you want to be. You can be that confident person you were again before you gained all the weight, just dig within, do your best and I will help you achieve the rest. It is being done right here and right now, this work within me. I will be who I was once again, it may not be overnight and it may not be easy, but that is why I am here. I need your encouragement and support, I need your help, I need all of you. I am asking as a sister to all who have been here, and all who are here now, will you support me on the rest of my journey? I will be here to support you.

Guess I should not get to long winded. Will post again soon.

Aggie

Last edited by colormerd47; 02-20-2009 at 12:34 AM. Reason: type-o's
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #2  

Hi, Aggie congratulations on your weight loss and welcome to 3FC, I have just started on my weight loss journey and have found this to be very helpful. It is nice to talk to people who are in the same situation as we are. Family and friends are not always the most supportive, every time you tell them that you have started a new diet you hear the same thing over and over "hopefully this will work" I guess they don't think that we don't wish that this will be the one diet that works. Keep up the good work, and we are here for you.

Take care
timetoshrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/194.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome from NC! I am new here as well. My best friend lives in Virginia. You will find so much support, inspiration, and endless information here. Congrats on you loss so far and keep up the great work!

Candy~~
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #4  
No description available.

Welcome Aggie. I am so very glad that you are here. 3FC is just a terrific place to be and you'll get lots and lots of support here.

Congrats on your loss so far!!

Surf around and settle in! Check out the 100 lb Club and the 300-Club, both are so full of people with knowledge and there to offer support and they really do understand the challenges (and successes!) that come along with losing about or more than 100 lbs.

midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:38 PM   #5  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

THANK YOU LADIES FOR ALL OF YOUR KIND WORDS. TODAY WAS SO HARD FOR ME. I WAS IN SUCH A RUSH FOR WORK THIS MORNING, I FORGOT TO TAKE MY LUNCH AND HAD TO HAVE PIZZA. NOT THE HEALTHIEST THING AT ALL. I DO NOT WANT TO CHANCE REGAINING ANY WEIGHT THAT I HAVE ALREADY TAKEN OFF.

FIRST, LET ME TELL YOU LADIES A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT ME. I AM A MARKETING REP. FOR COSTCO WHOLESALE AND I LOVE MY JOB. I AM TRULY A PEOPLE PERSON, SO THIS JOB FITS ME PERFECTLY. I USUALLY WORK OUT IN THE FIELD, MEANING I FROM BUSINESS TO BUSINESS TO SHOW BUSINESS'S THE ADVANTAGE OF BECOMING A MEMBER OF COSTCO AND I TAKE CARE OF THAT TRANSACTION FOR THEM. I DO GRAND OPENING IN OTHER STATES, AND WHAT WE CALL ON-SITES AT LARGE COMPANIES. SOMETIMES I HAVE TO STAY INSIDE THE WAREHOUSE TO HELP ON MAJOR FOCUSES, SUCH AS AMERICAN EXPRESS AND OTHERS. TODAY WAS AN INSIDE DAY FOR A FOCUS, THAT MEANT THAT I WOULD BE STANDING ON CONCRETE FOR THE WHOLE 8 HOURS TODAY, THAT IS SO HARD STANDING IN ONE PLACE FOR 8 HOURS WHEN YOU WEIGH 300 AND SOME POUNDS, SO THAT WAS THE OTHER HARD HALF OF MY DAY, NEEDLESS TO SAY MY KNEES AND LEGS ARE HURTING PRETTY BAD. I NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS ON SOME LOW IMPACT EXCERCISING THAT I MAYBE CAN START OUT WITH. I HAVE BEEN DOING A LITTLE WALKING IN THE HOUSE WITH A DVD WALK AWAY THE POUNDS BUT HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO REACH THAT MILE YET.

NOW, JUST A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME. I HAVE A REALLY GOOD HUSBAND, AND FOUR DAUGHTERS, IVORY, ASHLAN, MORGAN, AND JORDAN. MY LIFE IS TAKING CARE OF MY KIDS AS BEST I KNOW HOW, I SAY THAT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT LITTLE ONE'S ANYMORE BUT THEY STILL ALWAYS, ALWAYS NEED ING MY HELP. I AM ALWAYS GIVING TO EVERYONE AND NOW I AM SO GLAD ALL OF YOU ARE HERE FOR ME. WHEN I REACH MY GOAL, I AM GOING TO DANCE, SWIM, GO PLACES THAT I BEEN AFRAID TO GO FOR FEAR OF THE LOOKS AND FEAR OF NO SEATS TO FIT ME. I AM GOING TO TAKE MY GRANDSON TO DISNEY WORLD AND BE ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH HIM. I CANNOT WAIT.

MIDWIFE, I WILL CHECK SOME OF THE OTHER CLUBS BECAUSE I DO HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT SOME THINGS AND HOW TO DEAL WITH THEM. I WILL BE NEEDING ADVICE ON SOME OF THESE THINGS AND THE 300 POUND CLUB WILL BE A GOOD PLACE FOR SOME OF THESE ANSWERS.

CAROLINAGIRL, WHAT CITY IS YOUR BESTFRIEND IN?

TIMETOSHRINK, I CAN REALLY RELATE TO FAMILY NOT ALWAYS BEING THE MOST SUPPORTIVE. WE WILL SEE HOW LONG THIS WILL LAST THIS TIME, YEAH LIKE WE DO NOT WANT IT TO LAST. DO THEY REALLY THINK WE LIKE BEING FAT. OR THIS ONE, WHY DON'T YOU JUST START DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT, JUST STOP OVEREATING. THEY DO NOT HAVE A CLUE. I AM SO GALD I HAVE YOU LADIES TO TALK TO. PLEASE STAY AROUND.

WILL NOT TALK YOUR HEADS OFF THIS EVENING, BUT I WILL BE BACK SOON, SO ENJOY YOUR REST FOR NOW FOR THE AGGIE SOGA. LOL

HAVE A BLESSED AND JOYOUS EVENING. CONGRATS TO ALL WHO ACCOMPLISED ANYTHHING TODAY, WHATEVER IT WAS, BIG OR SMALL.

aGGIE

Last edited by colormerd47; 02-22-2009 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Type-o's
Old 02-22-2009, 01:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

I would like to add my "Welcome" to you also! I LOVE this site! It has taught me so much and I look forward each day to learning new things here! It is awesome that you have already lost some weight and are striving for a healthier you! That is what I want too! Good luck and if you have any thoughts or questions this is the place to come!
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/194.4/135

Hey there Aggie! My BF lives in Quinton,Va and I have friends in Fairfax and the Eastern shore. Good luck to you and please keep in touch.
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:37 AM   #8  

Hi Aggie,

Two things: if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Remember your lunch!!! You can do this!!

Also, walking is a great exercise. Some ladies use the Walking Away the Pounds videos. Swimming can be great for people with joint issues.

Hope you have a great week!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #9  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Midwife,
I want to swim so badly but right now I am to ashamed of my body to put on a swimsuit. I will not go to the Y or to the gym for the same reasons, so I guess the walking will have to do for now. I have had three knee surgery's so that swimming really would be a blessing. Maybe after I lose some more I will be able to suck it up and find a suit that fits and just pray and go. Guys but this really scares me out in public, it scares me so badly that I am sitting here in tears now just thinking about it. I am sorry that I am such a whimp because I know that I am not really encourgaging anyone right now. Okay, I am really melting down now, I will be back later when I get myself together. No pitty parties for me. I will buck up.

Aggie

PS> Thanks to all who are there for me with all of your encouraging words, I do not know any of you, but I LOVE you all.

Aggie

Last edited by colormerd47; 02-22-2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: addition
Old 02-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 258/208/140 REDO 268/267/140

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to 3FC from a fellow Virginian! Just signing up here is a great step the people on this site are amazing and incredible! There is unending support and motivation! Keep up the good work, i have heard that once you get where want weight wise, that shopping is incredible and no longer frustrating!!

Good luck!

Courtney!
duinmiownthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:38 PM   #11  
Anna77

S/C/G: 191/185/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi Aggie

I'm sorry you're having a hard time and feeling so down right now. You said several things about yourself that struck me-your job with Costco and standing on your feet all day meeting the public. That's hard work. You also mentioned a lack of family support-I know what that's like! But the thing that really impresses me is that you have already lost 27 pounds. Aggie, I've never lost that much in my life except after having children, when I was young and it just melted away without much effort on my part. That was a lotta years ago; I'm 54 now and it's going to be harder. Much harder.

You've made such a nice start with those 27 lbs lost, Aggie. Something you said that will help me is, STAY FOCUSED. In fact, I printed that out in block letters and put it on the refrigerator. Stay focused on the task! And I guess, staying focused on the positive instead of the negative is the second rule.

Thanks for posting, Aggie. I hope you have a good day tomorrow. I'll look for you.
Anna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:26 AM   #12  

Aggie!

Glad you found us!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #13  

Aggie,

A big to you. You are so brave. I know you will find a way to keep on truckin'.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:34 AM   #14  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Cool I'm back

You know all of you ladies are the bomb!!! Oh my goodness, did I just say the bomb. Do people still say that, I guess I just told my age, okay since the cat is out of the bag I am 56. Woooooha!!!!

I am so sorry that it has taken me this long to get back here. I have posted in so many places, I sometime forget where I have been, even my own threads, I guess just age kickin' in LOL

Well, I am stll stuck on 27.6 and struggling to get to that 30lb. mark For one whole week I stayed the same and then I fell flat on my face, on my way to my WW meeting. Had to call the ambulance to scrape me up off of the sidewalk. Broke my nose, wrist, and bruised my ribs and chipped two teeth. I was so in a hurry to get there, because I just knew that I had reached my mark. Well, I never got to find out. I went to meeting the next week with a cast on my arm, and guess what, still at 27.6, that darn cast. Hopefully this week I will reach that mark I think I need a group hug So all of you get together a say a short pray that I do this thing this week I gotta keep it moving.

Hey did you guys notice, I got my tickerI am so excited.

I am also glad that my post helped you to stay focused little darling. We have too, or we will be lost in the sauce. I am going to beat this weight thing, and I am taking alot of you with me. Let's start a weight butt kicking army and kick some weight butt. READY, SET,KICK BUTT: WHORAAAAH!!!

Talk to you guys soonGotta Go
Old 03-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/150/130

Hey there from just across the Monitor-Merrimac!!

27 pounds is fantastic!! just keep focused, i have lost 20, and have been at the same weight now for almost a month! this would be my usual giving up point, but i will not do it this time!! you can stay with it too!!

GOOD LUCK!!
JenniCole is offline   Reply With Quote