Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/148/105

Height: 5'1"

Default Forever Dieting and unsuccessful

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I joined this forum in hopes that I can gain some insight and support with my own weight loss. I've never been skinny and have always been trying to diet.

It was the opportunity for an upcoming trip to Hawaii that made me realize I want to lose weight. I have not worn a bathing suit in public since I was 8 and having the opportunity to go to Hawaii, I figured I should definitely visit the beaches. I want to be confident and comfortable in my own skin in a bathing suit.

So for the first time, instead of revolving my life around a diet, I'm actually integrating dieting into my life. I work out 6 days a week doing cardio and weights and cut out simple carbs. I have been trying to cut portions and eat more small meals throughout the day. Unfortunately, after one month of this, I cheated and ate a large bowl of noodles at night. Being Taiwanese, a lot of our foods contain starch and I always crave carbs.

I am hoping that joining this forum will help me keep me on track. Any suggestions on how to curb the craving for starchy foods?

Last edited by artlovergirl; 02-04-2009 at 05:43 PM.
artlovergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #2  
Let It Go

S/C/G: 230/228/160

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to 3FC. Wow... a Hawaii trip sure sounds like a good motivator. I started Jan 1st on "my new eating style for life" I don't count calories or anything but I do eat every three hours. So far by eating this way I no longer have the cravings ( even for starchy foods) like I used to and I have gone from 225 to 208 pounds.
How long have you been eating more smaller meals throughout the day? How many meals do you eat?
delafax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey artlover -

Oh, I love Hawaii! So beautiful! And what a great motivator for you.

I want to sort of try to give you an attitude adjustment on your bowl of noodles, OK? You were on plan for a month. That's, approximately, 720 hours of good decisions. Then, you spent maybe HALF an hour making a decision that maybe you're not so happy with. The point is, that's 1/1440th of the time. So give yourself a break!

We have many forums here, by age range, eating plan, etc. So look around, find a spot or several, and settle in. Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #4  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote