Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-04-2009, 01:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 292/292/180

Height: 5'5"

Talking The Fat Chick in the Corner

I have yo-yo dieted all my life & every time I tried to lose weight I smoked like a train instead of eating. But I quit smoking 4 years ago & have not dieted since. Now I am larger than I have ever been & very afraid I will not be able to do this without my cigarettes as a crutch.

But I am ready to try. I ordered a Weight Watchers starter kit and points calculator and my official start date for my diet is Jan 13th, but I thought I would hang out here in the meantime to get ideas, get inspired, and stay motivated.

So don't mind me I'll be the fat chick sitting in the corner taking notes.

hugs,
shrinkydink

Last edited by shrinkydink; 01-04-2009 at 01:43 AM.
shrinkydink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Hey Shrinkydink

I'm a fellow WW follower. There's a WW section under Diet Central that may help to kickstart you.

Always remember that there are things you can start right now this very day that will help you when your kit arrives.

3 simple things: (Choose one or all three )

1) Start drinking water at meals if you don't already. It hydrates, it's calorie free, and it helps keep you satisfied.

2) Try for at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. It's fairly easy to grab an apple as part of breakfast. Or to grab some baby carrots as part of a snack.

3) Do you get any physical activity in during the day? Start making some time for a 5 minute walk. Or just park further away from stores or buildings in order to get some extra steps in.

You'll be glad you began the process as soon as possible. And you might even feel encouraged by it.

Take your time & look around. Don't hesitate to post wherever you're comfortable, no need to wait until the kit gets in

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #3  
Begin againer

S/C/G: 235.6/221.6/185

Height: 5'7"

Welcome~
This is definitely a great place to catch some encouragement. Trust me, it's contagious! I loved Faerie's suggestions...they're helpful to anyone. She's right though...no sense in waiting around. Jump on in, the water's fine!
forme01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

Smile

HI shrinkydink!!!!!!!!!!! welcome! its so wonderful for you to join all of us in are common struggles, dont worry we will all be here for you when you need motivation or tips or just a virtual hug let us know how your journey is coming along!
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #5  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Welcome shrinkydink! I was going to write a longer post, but then I read Faerie's, and she said exactly what I was going to, so I won't...

Look forward to seeing you around!
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi and

Stick around, keep posting, and keep going. Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #7  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I loved your post! WW is a great plan!
3FC is a great resource for inspiration, support and accountability. I look forward to reading of your progress
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote