Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #1  
Soon to be Thin

Default Starting Over

Hi everyone - I'm Sharon and I'm new to this forum. GREAT job girls and thank you so much. I've been needing a support area and your forum looks like I've found one.

I am 49yo and I'm part of a world of very slender people. I am in the world of equestrians. 30 years ago I used to ride quite competitively. Well I wanted to get back into so I did. I now have 2 horses. An 8yo Thoroughbred whose show name is Pinot Grigio aka Squishy. Squishy is the most loving animal I've ever known. He will snuggle up to you if you go over to him. Of course he's looking to see if you have any treats for him too. Squishy is a gray horse who is very green....thus the showing name Pinot Grigio - "A white wine with a little fruity taste and improves with age" My other guy is a big bay Westphalian Warmblood named Flying Rumors aka Rudy. Rudy is a "been there done that" kind of guy. He's my show beast. He can be a bit of a snob but I love him nonetheless.

I want to get back down to a size 12 or ultimately a size 10. I look outright FAT on my horses. My avatar is a pic of me and Rudy 3 weeks ago and when I saw my big butt I was shocked. NOT REALLY sure why I didn't think it was that big. I guess its because it was behind me

3 weeks ago I had surgery to fix a broken humerous - more specifically the humeral head. Last year I was dumped from another horse and broke it. The doctor thought it was almost fixed but 2 months ago too an X-ray that clearly showed that the bones were not connected AT ALL

So last week I started back on my treadmill. I've never had any issues being active, my problem is I start eating and I CANNOT stop!!!!

I hope I can come here daily and feel motivated by all of you to eat healthier. I'm a real good support person too so if anyone needs a shoulder, I've been told mine are real strong.

Thanks for creating this great forum and I look forward to meeting you all
Pinot Grigio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #2  
Skinny Here I Come!

S/C/G: 230/229.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Everyone here is very supportive to everyone... I wish you the best of luck with your weightloss!!
Layla316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:14 AM   #3  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

HEllo! The people at this site are truly wonderful! I know you will love it here You sound so sweet and we love supportive women around here!

Last edited by jillnicole03; 11-07-2008 at 10:14 AM.
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #4  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

welcome! your "beasts" sound like such cutie pies!
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #5  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

welcome to 3FC! i know you will love it here and find the support you are looking for. Have you given any thought to how your going to curb your over eating? Are you going to try a specific eating plan? I wish you the best. Stick around and keep posting and let us know how your doing so we can celebrate with you.
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote