Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-06-2008, 11:18 PM   #1  
There is no try...only do

S/C/G: 282/265/200

Height: 5'9"

Wink Hello CHICKS!!

Hey all!! I am officially joining the group today.

No, Im not counting on the dust to save my butt. I know I have a long painful road ahead of me. I am the single mother of 5 amazing children. (yes, I said 5) I suffered post partum depression with my last 3 children, who were born in 2001 2002 and 2003. In 2004 my husband of 10 years decided he didnt want a family anymore. NEEDLESS TO SAY, I ate my emotions.

I am in a better place now, and feeling like getting off my booty and back on the horse.

Any advise, support, threats to beat me down if I waiver, will be greatly appreciated.
dizzybizzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Sorry to hear about your recent hard times, but you found an amazing website for support!.
You CAN do it
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/221.4/160

Height: 5' 10''

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. Seeking support to start weight loss is a huge step! Just ask if you need any help. I'm new and frightened too lol!
powersmatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:07 AM   #4  
Soon to be Thin

Hi everyone, I'm new too and will make a post later but I wanted to say hello to DizzyBizzy :-) I am also a rider. I have 2 horses and that's why my user name is ----what it is. Its my thoroughbred's show name Pinto Grigio (which btw is a white wine that improves with age). My horse is gray - and he's very green so I thought the name was cute. If you'd like to discuss your weight loss goals or even riding, I'd love to chat with you. I am soooo overweight but it doesn't keep me from riding.
Pinot Grigio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #5  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

Ok, Let me be the first to give you a boot in the butt to get you going? Hope that helps... But on a more serious note I hope you find the support you are looking for here. It is a great community and I feel so fortunate to have found it. Even thought they dont always know it, they do help to keep me on track. I have learned of some really healthy great foods just from reading around the site, and how to count calories and record them. When I first started to lose weight (this time) I was looking at needing to lose 90 pounds and I was so overwhelmed I just thought I had better give up before starting but then something directed me to this site and I looked around. My 90 pounds was not even a drop in the bucket compared to what so many of these people were facing. I saw that many here needed to lose 100, 200 and even 300+ pounds and I thought to myself that my main problem is my laziness and if these people could get up and lose their weight then I needed to stop my feeling sorry for myself and making excuses and get off my butt and do it, so here I am. I'm sorry this was so long. I just know that sometimes just trying to get started can be very discouraging so I just wanted to say look around the site and read the goal stories and check out the pics. very inspirational..Good luck, I know you can do it.
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote