Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-18-2008, 07:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 229

Height: 5'1"

Smile New here and nervous...

This is the first time I've joined a group to help me lose weight, and I'm a little nervous about it! I want to be a healthy role model for my children, as well as just do this for myself... so I thought this would be a good place to start!

My name is Crystal, I'm 26. I've been married for 8 years (together for 11) to a wonderful man... Together we have four children, ages 6, 4, 2, and 4 months. Our children eat well and exercise a lot.. I wish I could say the same for myself!

In addition to the family, I work full time outside of the home as a manager for a fast food restaurant (it offers a flexible schedule, or I'd go elsewhere), which you can imagine does NOT help my efforts any...

I really want to be healthy,and hope that here I can get on my way!
mama24kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:12 AM   #2  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi Crystal! Nice to meet you! I read your post and thought of myself...........
When I was 26 I worked for a fast food company too! I was there for 14 years. Well, I wanted to tell you.........while I worked for them I was up and down a lot! However, that is also the year that I lost 100#! Yep, I went from 270# to 170# in about a year. I still ate there and sometimes I took my lunch. But the biggie for me was walking and exercise. I am 43 now and have gained about 55# back and that is brought me back here. I just wanted to wish you luck! You go girl!

jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:15 AM   #3  
Thin girl escaping

S/C/G: 212/203/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello Chystal
This is the first time I've used weight loss forums and this one along with another I'm a member off are the best motivators I have ever had. I can say I'm addicted to checking my posts which keeps my weight loss goals at the fore-front of my brain!!!!

Good luck and if you need a buddy just shout
oh2bthintoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:22 AM   #4  

Oh thanks girls! I've been looking around the site and like what I see so far!

Work is so difficult.. because I bf my son, and we only get one half hour break during our shifts, I break mine up to 2 fifteen minute breaks so that I can pump more for him... which leaves no time to eat. So I end up grabbing the quickest thing I can, which is usually very unhealthy for me (seriously, doublecheeseburgers can't be helping my butt! LOL!)... I'd much rather the salad, but I just don't have the time. I think I will definitely start bringing quick healthy snacks to eat instead! Thanks for that tip!

I would love a buddy!

How do I get a ticker and start a dieting diary? Does my ticker have to wait the 20 days and 20 posts?

Thanks for the quick replies. It really makes me feel welcome here.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:36 AM   #5  
banned

Hi mama24kids, I just joined myself and everyone here has been really nice. I am also 26, but not married. If I don't lose weight I will never find a partner. I check in every day to read the posts. I don't know how to even start my weight lose program. How are you going to lose?? Have you ever tried anything like weight watchers before? I don't think I could stick to that.
Billyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:49 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Crystal!

You may want to check out the 20-somethings section, or the Nursing section to catch up with people who may have some good ideas about what to do.

If I may suggest. No more Double Cheeseburgers while you're working. I'm sure you can get a special sandwich order made, right? Grilled Chicken on a bun is at the least a little better than 2 hamburgers with cheese. And I don't know what restaurant you work at, but don't a lot of them have a few fruit choices of some kind? (Apple slices? Orange slices? Something like that?)

Or forget the food at your work entirely. Pack your quick foods at home and take them in.

Please take your time to look around & post wherever you're comfortable
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:14 AM   #7  

Thanks for the welcome!

Faerie, you're right. I can get special made sandwiches. I usually just grab what's quickest because it's extra or we're busy... But no more! Maybe I'll get a grilled chicken wrap or something instead. We do have apples but I'm allergic to apples (weird huh?)... We do have a fruit and yogurt parfait. I could get that. I'm sure switching that alone, I'll see some sort of improvement.

Billyjoe - welcome! I've never tried weight watchers. Right now I don't have the kind of time to put into programs... I think for now it'll be easier for me to make the quick decisions... and to exercise when I can. I think if I can exercise more, that'll give me more energy and help me want to exercise more. Plus, exercise releases endorphins, so maybe that'll help me feel better about myself. I knew when I was unhappy looking at myself in the mirror, that it was time to do something. My biggest fear is that I'll fail!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #8  
I love Werewolf Movies

S/C/G: 270/Tracker, baby, tracker/127

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama24kids View Post
Thanks for the welcome!
I've never tried weight watchers. Right now I don't have the kind of time to put into programs... I think for now it'll be easier for me to make the quick decisions... and to exercise when I can.... My biggest fear is that I'll fail!
Honestly, the best thing you can do for yourself is take a few minutes at night and plan for yourself. I made the same assumption at the beginning and my bum did not shrink.

Even if it is WW or Calorie Counting - those things train you to know what is good to put in your face and what a portion size is. There are a ton of those kind of websites that you can use for free to do that. It will make a huge difference.

With that many bitsy ones running around your house - I hear you on the work outs lol.

Welcome, this website is my saving grace.
xYourBelleMortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:41 AM   #9  
banned

Thanks for all the info, I need all the help I can get, I haven't started anything yet except this forum, but at least that is something, I need a plan, and one than I can stick with (FOREVER) I am soooooooo tired of being FAT!!! One of my problems is that I LOVE to eat stuff while I am watching TV, and I don't mean carrots. I tried that once, and it just didn't work. How come everything that tastes good puts pounds on me.?? Should I start a diet first or start to exercise first, which is better ??
Old 09-19-2008, 08:46 AM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyjoe View Post
Thanks for all the info, I need all the help I can get, I haven't started anything yet except this forum, but at least that is something, I need a plan, and one than I can stick with (FOREVER) I am soooooooo tired of being FAT!!! One of my problems is that I LOVE to eat stuff while I am watching TV, and I don't mean carrots. I tried that once, and it just didn't work. How come everything that tastes good puts pounds on me.?? Should I start a diet first or start to exercise first, which is better ??
I'm a "one thing at a time" person. So, I think it depends on what you believe will give you the most reward. I began with food. For a couple of weeks, I just started slowly and ate healthier. After those couple of weeks I added in the tiniest of exercise. 10 minute walks. That's it! That's how I started. It doesn't matter the amount. It just matters that you commit to doing it and stick with it.

I, too, have a problem with eating in front of the TV. Always have. I finally had to make a rule "No food while watching TV." It's the only thing that has worked for me. I've 'gotten away with' a bag of 94% FF popcorn... but more than that and I just eat eat eat. So "no food" is easier to follow.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:16 AM   #11  
banned

Thanks Faerie, I could try the popcorn at night, I don't think I can go without eating in front of the TV right now, but popcorn is fine. I did clean out my kitchen and gave my neighbor all the fat foods (she is super skinny) I guess that is one start, and tomorrow after work I am going to shop for other kinds of foods. This is OK for a start isn't it??
Old 09-22-2008, 12:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 203/198/140

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Hi mama24kids, I just joined myself and everyone here has been really nice. I am also 26, but not married. If I don't lose weight I will never find a partner. I check in every day to read the posts. I don't know how to even start my weight lose program. How are you going to lose?? Have you ever tried anything like weight watchers before? I don't think I could stick to that.
Hi Billy,
I am 23 and also not married. I sometimes feel the same way you do about never being able to find a partner while I am heavy. Then I think that I don't want to spend my life with someone who would only want a thin girl! You will only be successful if you are going to do this for you...not a partner. Good luck!
Devon
foxmonster68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:32 AM   #13  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Thanks Faerie, I could try the popcorn at night, I don't think I can go without eating in front of the TV right now, but popcorn is fine. I did clean out my kitchen and gave my neighbor all the fat foods (she is super skinny) I guess that is one start, and tomorrow after work I am going to shop for other kinds of foods. This is OK for a start isn't it??
That's a great start! Keep it up!
Old 09-23-2008, 07:30 AM   #14  
banned

I guess I said that wrong about the partner thing, I don't want a partner that is into looks, I want one to love me from the inside. I think my chances would be better if I was thinner, but being thin is one thing I realy want to do for me. I am just very unhappy being fat, I would love to shop for cute clothes, and not just shop for ones that would fit. Faerie, Last night I bought alot of healthy food, hope this works. As for sport, that is another problem, I hate to go out of the house much like I am, what can I do at home ??
Old 09-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #15  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Hi Crystal! You are one busy lady Glad you are here
suenami is offline   Reply With Quote