Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-24-2008, 07:38 AM   #16  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyjoe View Post
Faerie, Last night I bought alot of healthy food, hope this works. As for sport, that is another problem, I hate to go out of the house much like I am, what can I do at home ??
Oh that's great Just make sure to keep it prepared and in your house. Even just grabbing a piece of fruit as a snack really makes a difference.

You do not have to go outside to get activity. Even continuous cleaning is activity. Borrow a workout dvd from a library, or buy one that looks good.

Don't rule going out completely, though. There are a lot of great things to do outdoors. And you should enjoy them no matter what you weigh. Life is not just for the thin.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:42 AM   #17  
banned

OH !!! I cheated, I made myself a pizza, I bought healthy food and what do I do, made myself a pizza. I guess my pizza could be put in the class of healthy. I had only low fat stuff for it, so maybe it was OK. I was just craving something junky, and I told myself that I would not go to the store, so I created a pizza. I actually went on a walk last night, and it did do me good, think I will do that every night, is this also exercise?
Billyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:47 AM   #18  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyjoe View Post
OH !!! I cheated, I made myself a pizza, I bought healthy food and what do I do, made myself a pizza. I guess my pizza could be put in the class of healthy. I had only low fat stuff for it, so maybe it was OK. I was just craving something junky, and I told myself that I would not go to the store, so I created a pizza. I actually went on a walk last night, and it did do me good, think I will do that every night, is this also exercise?
Pizza every once in awhile is perfectly fine to eat. And if you made it yourself, and used lower fat/calorie ingredients it should be a little healthier. And you didn't end up going to the store where you might have bought other things! That's big progress.

Of course walking is exercise! I walk, too. And if you can do it once a day, it is fantastic exercise.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 233/217.8/170

Height: 5'6''

Hi mama24kids,

I am new to the site also. I am a teacher and a mother to 2 kids and a husband. I am that person that loses weight and then gains it back + some. I have reached my all time high weight of 233. Since we are both knew and have similar goals would you like to be my buddy. i am beginning my new diet tomorrow. My first goal is to excercise at least 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week. My second goal is NO FAST FOOD!!! I am the queen of fast food. And my last goal is to always ask myself if i am really hungry before eating a snack and if i reply yes it has to be a healthy snack. I usually try to stay away from bread and sugar when I diet, they are my enemy. If anyone else would like to team up with me I would love the support and would also try my hardest to give back as much support as possible.

Thanks for listening!!!
motiv8me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:12 PM   #20  

/Users/eboniew/Desktop/233.png
Old 09-25-2008, 09:15 PM   #21  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to 3FC! I'm still "newish" myself. One thing that I find is that the posts I read here are really inspiring and the advice is really on target!
twilit tera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:16 AM   #22  
banned

Hi Motiv8me, welcome !!! I know how you feel, I just love fast foods !!! I am trying very hard to stay away from them, but they are sooooo good. I haven't started any kind of diet, but I did clean my kitchen out, gave my junk food to my neighbor (she can handle it) and so far it has helped, I have not added any fat foods to my kitchen. I have started walking, OK just a 1/2 hour after work, but I guess this is a start. I haven't been on my scale yet, I doubt if I have lost anything, but I have a start. (I hope)
Old 09-27-2008, 04:29 PM   #23  

[B]Billyjoe[B] it sounds like you have got the right idea. I finally made it to the grocery store today and loaded up on fruits to help my sweet tooth. I am proud to say that i had no fast food today, and am proud of all of my choices today (so far).
Old 10-03-2008, 05:34 AM   #24  
banned

Yes, I found out that I can go without junk food, if I don't have it around. I eat what is there, I hate going food shopping, so this plan is really helpig me out. I try to go out for walks, but I haven't gotten into a daily thing yet. This is not easy to do, my family doesn't help much (they are all overweight and the way it looks, it will stay that way) But not with me, I am going to lose somehow.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:19 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 169/153.6/135

Height: 5'4

Hi, welcome, I know by sticking around here, you will be able to get great support and reach your goal!

Lori
mum24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:57 AM   #26  
banned

Hi, just being able to check in on this forum helps me alot. I just don't feel so alone with my problem. Instead of eating something, I look here to see what is new, and if anyone has any new ideas. I am checking out different eating plans right now, have to make sure I find the right one for myself, otherwise it just won't work. Will keep posting, and again, Thank you all just for being there !!!!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 09:22 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Ive given up fast foods about 3 months ago after being a fast food junkie as well , and i cant say that i miss it! I think the more you have it the more you crave it? kind of like sugar.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:02 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 215/205/150

Height: 5ft.6in.

hey, i'm new here as well. it's really nice to find a weight-loss community that doesn't cost any $. i've spent a lot of money changing what i eat and stocking up on good DVDs from amazon. i'm getting married next may and it would be awesome to show off some progress at my wedding. HELLO!
owlhowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:30 PM   #29  
banned

Welcome owlhowl, that is really great, getting married, you are really lucky, how much do you need to lose ?? I have alot to lose and I haven't lost one ounce yet, I don't get it, I don't eat any junk food anymore, at least not like I use to, I don't even have it in the house any more.What am I doing wrong ??
Old 11-10-2008, 08:36 AM   #30  
banned

Hi every one I am back, took a little vacation with my girlfriend, sure did some good. I decided to start a blog now, because I have started the Max Plank diet, along with Levocaptine (a natural kick starter) I started today and that is why I decided to write a blog and will try to write in it every day. Hope that this works.