Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-28-2008, 02:14 AM   #1  

Location: Currently I go to school in the O.C., but I was born and raised in Northern California

S/C/G: 138/134/118

Height: 5'5"

Smile So who wants to make a new friend?

How about me?

Hi there, my name is Emma Rose, and I’m new here
I figured I’d just give a little background on me so we can work on not being strangers
I’m 20 years old and go to UC Irvine in Southern California, however I was born and raised up in NorCal
Right now I’m a Psychology and Social Behavior major with a minor in Biology
(aka, I have no life)
I have an amazing boyfriend who I’ve been best friends with since tenth grade, and who is leaving the state this year to go attend film school
(Emma = sad)
I’m completely head over heels addicted to music, and I LOVE to read
(if any of you have and good music or reading suggestions, I’d be really happy to get them)
I decided to join this site because I feel that it is time for me to get back to the weight I was before a heinous break up and the college gain
I was much more confident back then, and just happier in general
I want to enjoy running again
(haven’t done THAT in a while)
And I want to look good for myself again
I WOULD say that I want to look good for my boyfriend, but he’s one of those sweetly oblivious guys who wouldn’t notice if I gained 100 pounds
It’s a blessing and a curse at the same time
Since he’s so fine with how I look, I didn’t have that much motivation to really change
But then I realized that I’m my own motivation, and that I don’t need any outside sources
So, here I am
Ready for action
I know it’s not going to be instantaneous, and I know that it’s sure not going to be a barrel of laughs, but I’m willing to give it my best shot and I'm here to support you guys as you strive to reach your goal
:exhales:
Wow
If you’re still reading, good for you
I’m impressed
Now how about you give me a little information about you?
I’d love to meet you
pink paumplemousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:22 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Emma Rose -

A couple of spots you might want to check out here...we have the 20-somethings forum, and also the "Featherweights" group, which is for those with less to lose than some of the others here. That comes with its own challenges...you don't get the instant scale feedback when you're that close to goal, so it's different.

Otherwise, we have lots of clubs, groups, and other areas...explore, find a few that you like, settle in, and keep posting.

Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:26 AM   #3  

Location: Currently I go to school in the O.C., but I was born and raised in Northern California

S/C/G: 138/134/118

Height: 5'5"

Default Thanks!

Thank you so much for the welcome reply, and for giving me those suggestions
I'll definitely look into them

--E
pink paumplemousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:12 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Emma Rose

Definitely make time for yourself to go running! There's nothing like that amazing feeling. It's worth it, you'll feel better, and you already know you enjoy it.

And good for you for catching it now before it spirals out of control, like it so easily can!

Post wherever you're comfortable (and check out those places Mandalinn pointed out).

Best of success! ^_^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:14 PM   #5  
47er

S/C/G: 215/191/155

Height: 5'6"

Talking Hi Emma

Welcometo 3FC. You are right this is a great place for encouragement and to share stories feelings, etc. I live in Northern Cali myself. Though you don't have alot to lose, it is still a challenge. So go get motivated. Hope to see you srufinh around.
dolphinlvr is offline   Reply With Quote