Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #1  
Weightloss + TTC = INSANE

S/C/G: 283.5/269.0/185

Height: 5'10"

Default New here.. :)

Hello! My name is Julie, though most everyone I know has started to call me by my screen name, Nyte. Not sure how that happened, but it's stuck, and I kind of like it. I'm 36, proud stay at home wife and mommy to a one year old little boy. My husband and I have just recently made the decision to start trying for number two. I should mention that I also have two older children from my first marriage, who live with their dad right now, since he's willing to pay for private school out in N. California. I miss them tons, but they're doing GREAT, so that makes me happy.

So, Just this past Monday, I made the DEFINITE decision to lose weight. I wasn't happy, looking at my pictures. I have the Turbo Jam collection, and have been thoroughly enjoying the Turbo Sculpt dvd. 35 minutes a day, of low impact 'dance' style stretching and strength training. I can DEFINITELY feel it in my legs and hips. I usually follow up with some nice yoga stretches, and some relaxing meditation. I have to say, that's my motivator right now. "Get through this, so we can do the yoga and meditation."

I can not believe I'm actually going to post this, but I started out on Monday at 283.5 pounds. I weighed myself this morning, and was AMAZED to see the scale read 277.0 YIPPE! Which is a far cry from when I started. I saw the numbers and became so overwhelmed, I almost gave up before I even started. But my husband is super supportive, and pushed me, albeit gently and lovingly, and here I am, a week later, and already seeing some nice results. I just can't believe I've let myself get THIS heavy. I've never been a 'skinny' girl, but I NEVER thought I'd be THIS big. I suppose I've simply just put myself on the back burner, in order to take care of husband, children and house.

Well, that's my story so far. I'm ALWAYS in search of motivation buddies! And I also have a myspace page, that I'm using to chronicle my weight loss journey. Just look for SylntNyte.
NyteBeauti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:37 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Julie!

You've got a GREAT start, it sounds like! Way to go!

If you're in search of buddies, we've got a couple of groups where you'd fit in just perfectly. Check out the 100 lb club, a group of those who have lost or are on their way to losing around 100 lbs or so. You might also visit the 30-somethings, a group of folks (as you might guess) in their 30's.

You might join us in our Exercise Accountability thread, in the Exercise Forum. I think we also have a checkin group for those doing TurboJam! And, of course, we also have groups for just about any healthy eating plan out there.

So look around, find a spot (or two! or, if you're like me, 15, ), and settle in. I can't wait to see you around!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #3  

Thanks! I'll go check them out now!
Old 08-08-2008, 05:13 PM   #4  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and congratulations on a great start!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/204/130

Height: 5'2"

Welcome! I too am new and have recently gotten serious about losing weight. Luckily a co-worker of mine is also on the same path. She's a great motivator throughout the work week, and now i'm glad I have this forum to help me out when i'm weakest (at night, when the tv/snacks look so tempting).

Good luck and we look forward to hearing about your progress!
missbrandi808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #7  

Thanks everyone!

Here's some To all of you!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 233/227/165

Height: 5'9

Yay! good luck to you and you are off to a great start I can see! Way to go!
tennisgrl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/196/140

Height: 5'2"

Good for you for starting to put yourself first! That has been my new Motto since the end of July...heheheh it's all about me.
TSKMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #10  

Hi and welcome to the site!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote