Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-26-2008, 10:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/227/150

Height: 5'10"

Default Hi, I'm new here.

Hello, I'm 35 and overweight. I'm 5'10" and 227 pounds. This is my highest weight ever and I'm basically miserable about it. I've been quite sedentary, apart from working once or twice a week, for over a year. I used to be much more active (running, aerobics, speed walking) but I've been in a slump and a rut. I spend a lot of time on the Internet and eat a lot of fast food. The sedentary lifestyle and too many calories have put me in this state and I need to end these destructive habits.

I know a lot about exercise and nutrition. I've been overweight on and off since I was a teenager. I'm a nurse and work in recovery and wellness in the cardiac field. I know what I *need* to do but I don't do it. I know I need to be a good example for my patients that are trying to lose weight and improve their cardiovascular health. I have no excuses. I'm in good health (excpet for being overweight) and have no limitations. I have a lot of free time, I have easy access to exercise equipment at work, home, and at the gym. There is no reason why I can't make an effort to lose, but I just haven't. I'm lazy. I give a very half-hearted effort, or none at all.

I eat out a lot. This is crazy because I like to cook and I'm not a picky eater. I love fresh food, fruits, and veg, but I've been in a lazy rut where I'll just cook two or three nights a week. One of my goals is to make dinner at home the majority of time and bring my lunch to work.

I've been working with a personal trainer twice a week for the last four months. I feel much better physically and I feel like I have more muscle tone, but I have not lost one ounce. Actually, I have gained. I don't do enough cardio and I eat too much.

I have a husband and children and this rut and inactive lifestyle isn't good for anyone. I want to be a good example for my kids. I want to get out of the chair and out into the yard and into life.

I am joining 3FC for motivation, support, and accountability. I'm hoping to joing a weight loss challenge for an extra push.
BooksAndBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

The fact that you love fresh fruit and vegetables and that you work out regularly with a trainer is a wonderful thing, I'm proud of you for that! I think it would be a good idea for you to take it a little slowly, so you don't get overwhelmed by too many changes. One thing you could do, just to get started, is write down what you're eating. That's it! If you do that honestly for a few weeks, maybe you could begin to see where you may start making a few changes in your diet, Like adding more vegetables, using lower-fat ingredients, and eating fewer processed foods. You have all the information you need, nutritionally, so I think you'll do just fine!
There is a five pound challenge located under, I think, "Chicks up for a Challenge" to 3FC
Kori
** Also check out 30-something Chick Chat!

Last edited by Kofarq; 07-26-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/227/150

Height: 5'10"

Thanks so much, Kori for the welcome. I agree with you, journaling is a very good idea. I'm going to journal of Fitday. Thanks again! I joined a 5 lb. challenge
BooksAndBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:37 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

and to 3FC's

Glad you found us
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:07 PM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/210/160

Height: 5'4"

I am very similar, although shorter!! My family and I are in a rut, as well. We eat out quite often and I hate being a fat mommy to my girls! I learned that I cannot go on the computer until they go to bed. Otherwise, I'll be on for hours instead of doing anything productive in the morning!

I'm only trying to work on one thing at a time. I'll get overwhelmed and fail if I overload myself. I didn't get like this overnight! It will take some time! My task right now is to eat less and do more each day. This doesn't have to strenuous exercise..playing with my kids, walking the dogs, the Wii!

Have fun!
flnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:10 PM   #7  

Welcome!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote