Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/204/150

Height: 5'4"

Wink New! Sitting on beach with full length cover up !

I am ready, so ready. Needing to lose 50 pounds and have struggled for 16 years, since my son was born. Every year we vacation in Cape Cod Mass and every year I say I am going to arrive 50 pounds thinner. I had hoped that this year will be different. My husband has promised to be my motivating coach and we are going to walk each and every morning and night so hopefully this will not only be a needed vacation but a new beginning.
ANY TIPS ??? ANY SUGGESTIONS ??? I stocked up on water, fruits and veggies. Thank you and good luck to all.
Suzy
Suzzyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

lean proteins and good fats and whole grains are also important...

welcome... have patience know that this has to be a permanent lifestyle change not a quick fix.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:56 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . glad you found us, Chickie . . . and it sounds like you are on the right track.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too scared to weigh/ 160

Height: 5'8

Hi Suzzyy! I am the same exact way. I am the "fat sister" in my family and when ever we plan a family retreat to bring all the cousins etc together, they always want to go to the beach. Don't get me wrong...I prefer the beach. But being the large one, I feel like everyone is wondering what I will wear, how I will look. My young kids always want to know why I don't take off my shorts. Just so much humiliation. One time I was down to 157 pounds, and felt pretty good, but that was almost four years ago. Ever since, I have been struggling with each family get together. I sometimes don't even speak to my siblings and mother for weeks at a time on the phone...just reminds me of the position I am in regarding avoiding seeing them. Pretty pathetic, I know. I am glad your husband is being supportive. That can make a difference. I think my husband's issue is he would always deny my weight gain, and just tell me he thought I was beautiful. Well, when he saw I joined this website, he finally got that I was looking for support. Hopefully now it will be easier.
We are planning a big family retreat in December to go skiing. Can't imagine doing it in the shape I am in now, but my goal is to be down to 160 by then. I think I can do it. And if I can, you can!
Charleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #5  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Hello, Suzy and

You can do it!!! Stay encouraged and keep your motivation going. I wish you the best. Glad you found 3FC's.
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

So happy that you have joined us here!!! It's a great site and everyone is on the same page....here to make ourselves healthy and support one another!

It's great that you have a husband who supports you so much!!! Stick with it and you will see amazing results!!!
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:10 PM   #7  
Cute, Curvy, Coquettish

Location: Manchester, New Hampshire. Originally from California

S/C/G: 192.5/180ish- I think! /150.0

Height: 5'1"

Hi
Welcome and wish you the best of luck. I live in New Hampshire and just came back from the beach. Go as you are! Have fun NOW!! Don't wait until the weight comes off. Wear shorts and a tank top and you can still have fun and fit it. I saw wide variety of people at the beach. Some in shape, some nut. All were having fun!
bunny43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:55 PM   #8  

Definitely have fun now. Have so much fun that you won't want to waste your time eating. Get lots of inadvertent exercise by getting that hubby of yours to go for a walk with you, or do other fun activities.

Congratulations on your new life plan!
Elizabeth Isabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #9  
Queen Cynic

S/C/G: 275/255/135

Height: 5'5"

I know we've all felt like that sometimes. Have you ever noticed how much we compare ourselves to other women? It's sickening, if you really think about it. But, it's a hard habit to break.

This is a great site for tips, recipes, and encouragement and hopefully you will achieve your goals sooner than you thought possible...
LitaScarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/204/150

Thank you all for the great welcome. Like Charleigh, I too am too scared to weigh in. I am 5'4" and I am guesstimating that I am close to 200lbs and I am a size 16. I am shooting for a 50 pound weight loss. Today, after I posted my intro, we went for a 5 mile walk. It is now pouring but if it lets up, we will go again. I did well all day with my eating and had my share of water too. Of course my desire to lose is for health reasons but I have a selfish goal to look "hot" for a family wedding on Columbus Day weekend. I have less than 3 months. So if I can be so bold............KEEP THE TIPS AND MOTIVATION COMING MY WAY !!
Thanks!
Suzzyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #11  

Just wanted to pop in to welcome you!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #12  
banned

suzy welcome!

im in the same boat! i cover up too and have alot to lose. drop me a line if you wana buddy up or anything.

have you looked at ww?
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote