Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/318/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Scared in Wisconsin

Hi guys,
I'm new here. Probably pretty obvious since I am posting in intros

I have always been "solid" but would say I have struggled with my weight for about 10 years now. Over the past year I gained quite a bit more partially due to health conditions and being unable to be at all active and part of it being that while inactive I made poor choices.

What finally kicked me in the butt was signing up for Curves gym. They do a full weigh and measure there. I saw the scale go over 300 and got scared. I realised this isn't just a cosmetic issue anymore. I've put myself at risk for so many scary things.

After I got over all the blame/ashamed/guilt, I went to Jenny Craig. It's day 2

So far so good but I know it's so early. I look forward to getting to know folks here and the support to maybe finally get rid of this extra person I'm carrying around.

ElsbethAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsbethAmy View Post
Hi guys,
I'm new here. Probably pretty obvious since I am posting in intros

I have always been "solid" but would say I have struggled with my weight for about 10 years now. Over the past year I gained quite a bit more partially due to health conditions and being unable to be at all active and part of it being that while inactive I made poor choices.

What finally kicked me in the butt was signing up for Curves gym. They do a full weigh and measure there. I saw the scale go over 300 and got scared. I realised this isn't just a cosmetic issue anymore. I've put myself at risk for so many scary things.

After I got over all the blame/ashamed/guilt, I went to Jenny Craig. It's day 2

So far so good but I know it's so early. I look forward to getting to know folks here and the support to maybe finally get rid of this extra person I'm carrying around.

you are at the right place. Everyone here is so supportive and helpful. We are all going though the same things or have gone through them. What part of Wisc are you in? I'm in Wisconsin too!! Welcome, I look forward to reading more about you and getting to know more about you..
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #3  

Hi ElsbethAmy!

Welcome! You will find that 3FC is a great place that has lots of nice people. I've learned so much here. Be sure to check out all of the features that 3FC has to offer. I found that having a blog is a great way to journal and discover some things about myself.

I"m from Wisconsin too. If you need someone to talk to I'd love to "talk". I'm online usually in the 300+ forum or you can send me a private message.

I see BornToFly is from Wisconsin too. I'm just south of Madison. Where are you?

Toodles!
Miz M

Last edited by mizm; 07-13-2008 at 01:25 PM.
mizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:48 PM   #4  
Junior Member Freak

S/C/G: 155/130

Height: 5' 3.75"

Hi ElsbethAmy!
I joined this site years ago (reached my goal, but didn't stick to plan and gained some back, so now i'm a newbie again). Trust me, everyone here is so supportive and lovely! You made a good decision to come here. Best of luck and love to you.
FitnessFirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Hi and welcome...please feel free to join us in the 300+ weekly thread. Everyone is wonderful and extremly supportive!! It so nice having a group of friends who truly understand and support you!!
debi
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #6  
God, Gratitude, Grace

S/C/G: 315 (2/09) /see ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Hi, I am in a similar boat. You are not alone! I lurked here for a long time before joining and I am glad I did
allowingslender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizm View Post
Hi ElsbethAmy!

Welcome! You will find that 3FC is a great place that has lots of nice people. I've learned so much here. Be sure to check out all of the features that 3FC has to offer. I found that having a blog is a great way to journal and discover some things about myself.

I"m from Wisconsin too. If you need someone to talk to I'd love to "talk". I'm online usually in the 300+ forum or you can send me a private message.

I see BornToFly is from Wisconsin too. I'm just south of Madison. Where are you?

Toodles!
Miz M
Hi Miz, I'm from the Burlington area. Not to far away from you at all!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:58 PM   #8  

Welcome to 3FC... I'm new here too!
kyhunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:03 AM   #9  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

You are on the right track, just keep at it!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:15 PM   #10  

Welcome aboard!

Have fun at Curves!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:28 PM   #11  
Closed

S/C/G: 420/396/350

Height: 5'1"

Hello! Welcome

I know just how your feeling! I wish i had weighed myself much sooner cuz i seriously did not realize i was gaining so damn much! That i will never understand! Anyway, good luck!
BIG B00TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote