Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-13-2008, 11:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/185/120

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm in shape - ROUND IS A SHAPE!

Hey all! I'm hailing from New York City - and I've made it my GOAL to lose 65 pounds. I'm an actress, and I finally got my first job- a role in a major indie film, and now that I'm "taking off' I've realized that I really needed to make choices in my life. I'm 5'4" and I weigh 185. Actually, if you saw me on the street- you probably wouldn't think "oh my gosh, look at that giant girl" because I've learned to love myself. I am starting to make a career for myself, and I'm still young - so I'm proud of myself! I have to lose weight, because the entertainment business is looking for beautiful people - which means, I really need to trim down. I promised myself to learn balance - because I don't want to ruin my ideas of what 'beautiful" is, just to fit in to this business. I'm just hoping/praying that I'll be healthy- which in turn will open me up to more jobs, and better relationships. I'm still only 19 years old - turning 20 in November... and I'm really excited about this new film I'm going to be in- it's actually going to be pretty big. However- even though I have lots of confidence in myself and in my character - I found that once I got this movie deal, I got really scared. I'm scared of people judging me! I'm young, but still old enough to know that I need to change my lifestyle- I need to start dating! I don't blame my weight for my single lifestyle, but I do blame my lack of confidence for how I look!

I'm actually really glad I found this website, I really hope that I'll be able to reach my goal weight!
lavieenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:54 PM   #2  

hey lavieenrose, welcome to 3fc...i'm new here too and hoping that i'll find some good encouragement along the way. from reading your post it sounds like you're pretty secure in your own skin and love yourself, which is very good but that you also know there are things you need to change to better yourself. you're starting a focus at a young age and that's really good because some people start too late, so at least you've already realized what you need to do. just don't lose sight of your goals. don't let anyone make you feel inferior. don't let anyone tell you that just because you're a little heavier than other girls that you're not beautiful or that you're not capable of getting the job done. i hope that you can reach your goal and that things with the film you're going to be in will go great. good luck .
kyhunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/185/120

Height: 5'4"

Default I am a fan of hummus!

I have the "I'll start the diet tomorrow" bug up my butt!

I'm currently working at an internship this summer, which means I'm pretty much broke trying to stay alive in the city - so I developed a meal plan that I can afford, and that I can enjoy. I tried it for a couple days, and I felt great without feeling like I was starving, but then I got really sick, and for some reason - illness causes cravings for things I shouldn't be eating! I also live with a really skinny skinny gay guy pal who eats junk like there's no tomorrow- which always leaves room for temptation!

Starting tomorrow (Monday, 7/14) I will try my best to at least stick with this diet for a week! I need to at least try it for a week before I can amend it/toss it out- and actually see if it's working!

*I always drink a tall glass of water when I wake up, in between meals, before I sleep - and I drink two tall glasses of water before I eat each meal.

Breakfast - 1 cup of green tea, 1 banana, 1 strawberry yo-plus yogurt
Lunch - 1 cup of water, 1 pita stuffed with hummus and sliced cucumbers
Dinner - 1 plate of Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers
*Between meals, if I'm hungry- I allow myself to eat almonds or olives (both including lots of fat- but healthy fat)

Exercise - Sun, Tues, Thurs, Sat - 30 minutes on the elliptical; 50 crunches
Mon, Wed, Fri - 75 crunches

For the food - I don't want to think of exciting ways to cook really nice food that's good for me! That sounds awful- but like I said, I'm always on a budget, I'm not really in the mood to COOK all that much - and I think I should be disciplining myself with foods that are healthy and decent- without tantalizing my tongue too much! Those could be the exact reasons why I always fall into the binging-on-ice-cream pits... but I really do hope that I can learn to discipline myself! I want to slowly get back into good exercise - I used to exercise a lot, but now when I try to match up to how I used to work out- I would exhaust myself which in turn forced me to give up going to the gym!
lavieenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:33 AM   #4  

Default Discipline can be tough...

I know this for a fact because that's part of my problem. It's something I'm trying to work on more myself. I used to eat A LOT of sweets! I'm not even kidding, even to my co-workers would say that I was too addicted to sweets but I've always been that way so I didn't pay much attention to it til one day my boss made this comment about how I'll say no to all this other junk but yet still eat candy and that's what's keeping on my weight. So far I've been avoiding sweets a bit better than before. I still eat them, can't just call it quits lol but it's a lot better than before.

I try to drink a lot of water too and take out all the soda's and don't drink as much juice either. But the juices are definitely better than the soda so I don't mind them as much. I need to try and get into an exercise plan but motivating myself has always been a problem. I can be motivated tonight and wake up in the morning feeling all blah and not wanting to do anything.

Hopefully the temptations with your friend won't be so bad, just try and remind yourself that saying no to something even if you really want it will pay off in the end. You'll be healthier too! Don't completely knock out junk though, nothing's wrong with treating yourself every once in a while. And tomorrow is the big day for me on my weight loss plan too. Not so much a "plan" right now but just trying to continue to improve my eating habits and try and kick it in gear for exercising like I should.
kyhunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:02 AM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Congrats on the role! I'm a production coordinator and just came off of my first feature length film. I can't say enough...

STAY AWAY FROM CRAFT SERVICES! They are out to destroy you It was the first feature for our lead actress and she gained a noticeable amount of weight from CS's. The fall out was not pretty.

I wish you much success! Welcome!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 281/251/165

Height: 5'6

Hey, congrats on the job. I'm actually looking into the entertainment business myself, and I know i need to "trim" down - However, its still not accepting of bigger people, but there are a lot more "bigger" actresses then there used to be! So don't change yourself just because of a job. Do it for yourself. Thats why I'm doing it, not to get a better gig, or whatnot. For me. If you don't do it for you, then there's a problem. Keep in touch.
albertagirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:12 AM   #7  
Closed

S/C/G: 420/396/350

Height: 5'1"

Welcome and Good luck
BIG B00TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:08 PM   #8  

Yes! Round is a shape!

Good luck with your weight loss and congrats on the film!

Last edited by SunshineCA; 07-14-2008 at 09:09 PM.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote