Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-27-2008, 11:03 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I don't know of anywhere to get butternut squash fries, you have to make them yourself (or get your boyfriend to do it!) You just peel and de-seed the squash, cut it into fry shapes and bake them. You can give them a light coating of olive oil, or I just spray them with Pam. Salt or whatever spice you like while they're raw. They take about 40 minutes at 425 degrees, flipping them over halfway through. They can be a lot of work, depending on the size of your squash, but they are sooooooooo good!

And I feel your cooking pain, too. Italian is my favorite to eat, and the only thing I've ever really liked to cook. What I do now is make a big honking pot of whole wheat pasta, and throw crushed tomatoes, shredded carrots, mushrooms and onions in the crockpot. It is still delicious and as close as I ought to get to Italian. I divide it up into individual portions and freeze it. That way I can get my fix any time without having to cook every dang day.

Good luck tomorrow - the first day of your new and improved life!!!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 263/260/120

Height: 5ft1/2 inch

Default Happy Monday!

Hello ladies! I wanted to drop in and say HI! and see how everyone is doing? How was everyone's weekend?
Auntie G: The butternut squash fries sound awesome! I am going to the store today, so I am going to get some to try them out. My biggest weakness is any potato product and I love me some fries. So if I can find an alternative such as this, then that will be great. Thank you for the suggestion.

I would love to have some recipes from everyone, if you would like to share. I am always open to new ideas and trying new food and new ways to cook them.

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Sending everyone some

Talk to you all soon,
Sheryl
sdc078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:16 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Sheryl- did you make the butternut squash fries yet? The first time I was going to make them, I asked my husband if I should make the whole squash or just half- he said "half" with a pained "yucky vegetable" expression. So I made half, and we snarfed them down so fast! We were both annoyed that I didn't make the whole thing. I've been making them once a week ever since...
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote