Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/163/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone,
My name is Rachel, I'm 27, happily married and have a 2 y/o son. I have struggled with weight issues since I was in 6th grade. I have always been the heaviest out of all of my friends, even when I wasn't heavy at all . Up until my sophomore year of high school I was very active in sports and extra teams outside school and had a very active social life. When I hit high school, I just didn't like being with the "in" crowd anymore and stopped playing all sports and became my own person with my own exercise plans. I became a little obsessed with my weight and exercise, but never really reached the anorexia stage, I weighed 114#, ran about 4 miles a day and could benchpress 120#. That lasted until I finished high school where I found all sorts of bad extra curricular activities such as smoking, drinking and other bad things. These bad things kept me pretty busy for about 6 years until I got married and moved 900 miles from home and now I weigh 190#. The move was the best thing for changing my lifestyle in a postive way and starting our marriage out right, but it really sucks as far as finding friends and getting out of the house. Oh yeah, it doesn't help that I work nights, my husband works days and we choose not to use daycare, so we just swap out.

Well enough of my crazy background, I'm here to change all those things and find a support system and maybe even be able to help someone else. Right now my goals are to get on a steady exercise plan (4 weeks so far) and start a food diary.

I can't wait to get more involved here, this seems like a really great group of people!!!!

Rachel
SSmomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . . . . . so glad you've found us and you will get lots and lots of great support and encouragement around here . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:30 PM   #3  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Bienvenu! Waving to you from south Louisiana. God BLess you with success..
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for posting your background. I am so glad you found this site! It is truly amazing how it can help....especially if you'd rather not discuss this w/ others in your life. It also soundsl like you know what to do...and you're already well on your way to where you want to be. I'm glad to hear you're journaling...it really helps you be mindful of your eating. Keep reading the posts...even go back to old posts that have titles you can relate to. The people here give some really great advice. Finally, I love the mini-goal and goal sections. I get to post in mini-goal, but I can't WAIT to post in GOAL!!! That will be a very exciting day. Sorry to make this about me! Duh! I look forward to reading your future posts!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote