Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-13-2008, 04:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 292/199/165

Height: 5'8"

Default New Here!

Hi there!
So, I have been lurking. LOVE what I see. What an awesome support group you guys seem to have here. So I decided to join as I am on a fitness venture in my life for the second time around.

Basically, a few years ago, I (along with phentermine and a butt kicking workout each day) lost 70lbs. Unfortunately, life happens, I went through a really depressing time in my life, and let that come back and now I feel awful about it. BUT I am ready to make changes. I lost ten pounds since the end of March this year, and I went to the doc, and got back on Phentermine. I am making healthy lifestyle changes, becoming more active, and bought myself several little things to make this an easy endeavor.

Basically, I have horrible procrastination problems and I believe I have a pretty bad case of ADD. This messes me up at the gym, as I get very bored, very quickly with anything monotonous. I have to have constant change.

Well, last time I did this, I became obsessed with step. Step allows me to feel like Im flying and dancing and it changes every few seconds, and I do not get bored with it. I went ahead and purchased myself a step (like the ones at the gym) and figured it would pay for itself after a few weeks. I cannot continue to pay the gym as I was, as I have a lovely gym for free in my apt complex and the only reason I would be going is to do classes, which I can do myself at home.

So the step, got it a week ago, have used it a few times, it feels great to have that back in my life. Makes me feel like me.

I also bought a little pair of those fitflops. I dont know how well they work, but I figure anything helps, even if minutely. I ride horses, so anything to strengthen my legs works for me! I tried them today while I was out doing my barn work, and I def. felt it. So that rocks.

And I have drastically cut the number of calories I consume, due to stress with school and of course the phen. The phen also has a dual purpose for me- my lack of concentration is very much quelled by it. Two birds with one stone.

So Ill wrap this up, I tend to go on...

Basically. I do not know what my starting weight right now is. I feel mentally I dont want to know and it is just going to discourage me. All I tell the doctor is, "tell me what I have lost" as for right now, this is all I want to know- that I am making progress. I get really obsessed with the number and dont pay attn to the progress, so that is why I am approaching this differently. I know it sounds weird, but it is just something I have to do until I feel a bit better about myself. It probably isnt as bad as I think it is, but I dont wanna find out,.

Anyway, looking forward to this, it is a hard road to travel, and this type of stuff wasnt around last time, though it would have been really nice! Look forward to meeting you all!
ValMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:25 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

VALMARIE and good luck on your journey to better health and fitness.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

out of lurkdom to 3fc, ValMarie! I'm glad to see that it seems that you have a great, sensible attitude about all of this- the perfect setup for you to be very successful with your weight loss journey. Also, congratulations on the 10 lbs lost.

~Rina
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote