Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/183.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Smile New to 3FC and ready!

Hello everyone,

I just found 3fc this morning, but it came at a very important time in my life so here I am (and I'm never fast at joining a forum - hope this is a good sign). I'm European and I came to the beautiful Northwest more than 2 years ago. I've been overweight since the 2nd grade I think, and my LW was 130 during high school - when I was active physically (walking a looot, no car) and didn't have much time to eat. But in the last 7-8 years I've only went up and up, with long stable periods because I still walk a lot and I eat very healthy but too much (even if I eat a veggie non-fat stew I can never stop at one bowl).

My goals are:
~ visiting the forum at least weekly
~ keeping a journal with what I eat (I never seem to keep up with that)
~ increasing my activity level (I now walk 3-4 days a week, but not too long or fast enough to be considered exercise)
~ going back to the gym
~ getting to 180 by the 1st of May

I don't even know where to start with the forum - maybe the 20 something, as long as I still fit there

Can't wait to get my tracker (and my signature!). And by the way, what is the minimum post requirement?
RaluCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:06 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Ralu, and

Sounds like you have great goals going, and yes, I think 20-somethings would be a great place to start. You also might check out the forums for whatever plan you decide to follow.

Signatures and trackers are available after 30 days AND 30 posts (spammers...they ruin things for everyone!)
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:12 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hey there &

Dive on in and post wherever you're comfortable! Don't feel as though you only get to hang out in one area, either, if several appeal to you!

Best of luck & see you around the boards ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Ralu!
I'm sure you won't regret joining this forum. It's such a great source of support.
Best wishes to you!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/183.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Thank you all!

For the first 3 days my goals are on track: I walked 2 of these days, about 40 min + (and even worked some sweat on my way to meeting someone), I write down what I eat and I'm going to the gym today
Will get back on the scale only next week, but I'm sure I'm on the right way to losing the first 18 pounds.

Have a great weekend!
RaluCat is offline   Reply With Quote