Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-05-2008, 12:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 352/See sig/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Finally going to give dieting another try.

Hello, everyone! My name is Catherine, I'm 19 years old, and I'm from Massachusetts. Bear with me here; I'm absolutely awful with introductions. Yesterday, during a visit with my doctor (something I do oh-so-rarely), I was weighed (another rare occurrence) in at 352 pounds. I know, I was shocked too!

I've tried tons upon tons of diets in the last 5 years, and they all ended with me going absolutely insane and yelling out, "Forget this! I'm STARVING." I think my last diet consisted of eating cereal and salads only, and I was obviously beyond sick of it by the 3rd month.

So, yeah, back to that doctor visit. My doctor went and did something that I absolutely hate; she made assumptions as to how I got so fat. "So, what, do you sit on the computer all day long?" I was pretty mad about that, because, well, she was right. Go figure. She must be some kind of psychic.

I was watching this show on TLC on this guy who lost 300+ pounds with the Zone diet, and I figured that, if a guy who weighs over 1,000 pounds can lose weight, I can too. I wasn't sure of how to lose weight myself, but I've decided to try the South Beach diet (I hear it's the exact same thing as the Zone diet). Hope it works. If there's anything I don't want in my future, it's to one day turn 30 and still weigh over 300 pounds.

To make this incredibly long story a bit shorter, I'm here because I have a very hard time keeping with a diet without support (sure, I get it from my mother and grandmother, but my grandma LOVES to tell me how "thin" I am, and it's incredibly annoying), so I hope I can make some friends here to help make my dieting go a little smoother. So... hello!
nonentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:01 AM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC!! I hope you find much support and advice...One thing I want to say...Don't think of this as a diet! It's a lifestyle change forever if you want the weight to stay...So make sure you are doing something you can stick too. You shouldn't have to be miserable
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:33 AM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hi Cathrine.

I am doing south beach as well so be sure to come over and check us out as we have some great gals with lots of support and motivation.

Good luck!
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote