Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-07-2007, 11:02 PM   #1  

Smile Greetings From a Newbie

Hello everyone! My name is Jenna, I’m 26 years old and recently had the wake up call of finding out I weighed over 300 pounds. I joined Weight Watchers and a gym/health club that is part of a local hospital that same day and am proud to say I’ve lost 20 pounds since then, October 2, 2007.

I’ve been overweight by varying degrees for most of my life but this is by far the heaviest I’ve ever been and I’m scared to death. I can’t believe I let myself get into this shape!

I am a corrections officer and my weight has definitely affected my job. I get tired easily and I have a lot of knee and leg pain. Plus my legs get very stiff when I sit for a long period of time, I have to move around every few minutes or I could be in real trouble if I have to move in a hurry.

Right now I’m doing a workout designed by a trainer at my gym. It’s a mix of treadmill, bike, elliptical and weights. I’ve also been trying to swim a couple times a week, my knees love it and the pool at my gym is pretty deserted in the early morning so I don’t have to worry about being seen in a bathing suit :-P

I have a great friend at work who is also doing WW. We keep each other honest which is a huge help for me. My willpower can vanish in the face of chocolate, chips, pizza…. Umm…. Working on my willpower is another priority of mine.
Jenna22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:59 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Jenna!!! I was in a similar situation. I joined WW and started going to a gym, too. It's so good to have a friend to keep you in line ^^ The best of luck to you! And just to help out a little
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:17 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi there, Jenna, and

Sometimes it takes a scary wakeup call to get us REALLY moving toward our goals. Sounds like you had yours, and you're motivated to get the extra weight off, which is fabulous.

We have a thriving WW forum here, so look around - lots of great ideas and tips from people working the same plan that you are. Otherwise, just keep posting. Sometimes when your motivation flags, it is GREAT to have a whole group of people here to kick you back into gear.

Can't wait to hear more from you soon and get to know you!

Amanda
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote