Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #1  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hello From the Bay Area

Hey everyone! I am not new here but I am bored lol. I am looking for a workout buddy. I go to 24 hour fitness. I stay in the east bay. Or just looking for someone who is always on here ... like ME lol that would like to just chat and help motivate each other.

I am 24 years old. Diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago so that is one of the main things that is working against me when it comes to losing this weight. Ok. Thanks
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/195.5/130

Height: 5'3" - On a tall day.

Hi there! I'm in the Bay Area, too, and have been thinking about a workout buddy myself. I'm not a big gym girl, but I do get out and walk several times a week and am thinking I might start swimming. I noticed we are close to the same size - a bit vertically challenged. I don't know about you, but I swear I'm going to have long legs someday.
10Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:34 PM   #3  
HE'S my motivation!

hahaha .... Seems like you are looking up to everyone now a days lol. The only person I look down to is my mom who is 4'9 lol. Where in the bay area do you stay?
Old 09-23-2007, 11:29 PM   #4  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Smile Working Out

Hello Nico, or are you Angel?
I'm one of your TBL Black Team-mates. Go Black!

So, I don't live on your side of the bay, but I do work in Hayward. I was going to look into going to the 24 Hour Fitness in Hayward (been procrastinating for weeks now) since by the time I drive home, all I want to do is have dinner and sit around the house. I figure if I can work out before I get home, I've got a better chance at doing it.

So, are you interested in talking classes or using the weight machines and working out on the cardio machines?

- Sonja
(aka One Fluffy Chick)
One Fluffy Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:58 PM   #5  
HE'S my motivation!

Hey! That would be great. But, what time do you get off of work?? On Mondays I get out at 7p Tuesdays at 9p Wednesdays at 7p and Thursdays at 4p but thats because I have to get over to school in Fremont but I get out at 9p. But I am off on Fridays

I have been to the 24 hour fitness in Hayward but that was many years ago. Wouldnt mind going there again. I work out at the Castro Valley one. But either one would work.

What is your schedule like?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:55 AM   #6  
Becoming Less Fluffy

Hey there...
My work schedule says I work from 930am to 600pm. The reality is that I'm rarely out of work by 700pm, with the exception of Wednesdays. On Wednesdays, I take a bellydance class down in San Jose.

Typically, I like to try to take classes at 24, since it makes me feel more obligated to be there. But, I also like working out on the nautilus-type machines. I also try to spend 15-20 minutes on the elliptical machine when I go for a non-class workout.

How often do you go to the gym now? Looking at our schedules, Monday and Friday seem like possibilities. Have you ever taken a Turbo Kick Boxing class?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:27 AM   #7  
HE'S my motivation!

I try and go every day. I like doing the cardio machines and also the weights. Yea, Mondays work and Fridays I am free. No, I have never taken Kick Boxing classes. Sounds like fun! Is it hard?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:17 AM   #8  
Becoming Less Fluffy

The only kick boxing I've done is a Tae Bo DVD workout. And, quite honestly, Billy Blanks, scares the bejeesus out of me and his voice gets on my nerves. He's so plastic looking.
Anyway, the kick boxing interests me because I feel so strong afterwards, and very worked out. There's a class on Fridays at 730 that's an hour long. It'll probably be hard as heck, and we might not make it all the way through, but we could try it. Mondays, there's a step class (not my favorite) and then Latin Spice at 800pm.
Do you want to meet first for coffee / tea and talk about ourselves sometime this week or do you just want to meet up at the gym?
Old 09-24-2007, 12:39 PM   #9  
HE'S my motivation!

Which ever works for you. Today I am actually heading to Modesto (Didnt go to work) and tomorrow I dont close I close on Wednesday. So yea let me know
Old 09-25-2007, 11:26 AM   #10  
Becoming Less Fluffy

Hey there,
I'm going to the 24 down here in Sunnyvale tonight to take a Yoga class, and Bellydance class is tomorrow. I can meet you on Thursday, but you have school, so I guess that won't work. Want to just plan to meet up for Turbo Kickboxing on Friday?