Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #1  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

Smile I'm neeeeew

Hey! I found this place in a round about way. So I've been thinking about joining weight watchers for a month now.. and using fitday.com instead because my town doesnt have mtgs during the summer. OK so my doctor looked at me and told me to join.

I dont own a vehicle. and winters are long and cold. We're talking -40.. I live in northern Canada. so anyways, WW seems expensive.. and I sure as heck aint walking across town in the middle of winter. Seriously... your legs go numb after a couple minutes in weather that cold... and I've got MS so I try to avoid as much numbness as possible!!

I realize I need to make small changes.. and avoid making excuses for myself. So I'm commited to exercising 30 minutes a day. 5 days a week. plus doing pilates every morning. It's not much, but I think its something I can stick to

my name is Val, by the way. I finished my undergrad ba last year and work in my hometown as the tourism coordinator.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

There are lots of great recommendations in the Fitness Videos forum for good in-home exercise. I'm in Vancouver, so it's not near as cold as N Manitoba, but all the stinkin' rain in the winter isn't very motivating, either, so I understand! :P I'm trying to do pilates more often, too, so I'll keep an eye out and cheer you on!
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:02 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Val! Your exercise plan sounds great.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:44 PM   #4  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Welcome to 3fc. Like yourself I am also a MSer so understand fully all the difficulties this illness throws up.

You may find the forum dieting with obstacles very helpful. For me this website has been very motivatiing and has kept me on the straight and narrow.

People have been very helpful and supportive.

with your weight loss journey and reaching your goals.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:15 PM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi Val,

I don't belong to WW, but do use fitday.com, and believe it is possible without paying money for it. It isn't easy, it takes work,but it can be done.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:23 AM   #6  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for the greetings everyone I went out and bought a digital scale today.. I wish I had it a month ago when I started!
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Welcome, Val!

3FC has lots of WW threads - maybe its own section. My friend lost 60 lb. plus on WW. After trying so many diets over the years, she thought WW was easiest to follow thru with. And she's kept the weight off by following the rules.

I don't have the extra $$ to join WW when I can do it myself. Have you checked out www.fitday.com? It's free, easy and boy have I learned alot about how many calories foods have. Especially how many FAT calories.

Good luck - hope to see you around the site!
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 227/227/150

Hi Val,

I am also new to the site. I have tried WW in the past and found it time consuming to go the meetings and keep track of every little thing. I need something a little less involved. I am trying to start simple by just changing a few things. 3fc has so many different areas. Congrats on your recent graduation.....I am on my last class for my bachlors degree....what a relief.

Becky
bmwbabies is offline   Reply With Quote