Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-29-2007, 02:09 PM   #1  

Default I can't do it alone

And so I've come here (think I registered awhile ago but then never came back). I can't believe how out of control I've gotten. I'm mostly an emotional eater, bleh. And to top that off I have anxiety and depression, so it's like emotion-haywire all the friggin time.

Community, accountability, support...these are what I am looking for. I think this is the right place. So I'll be attempting to post and "fit in" and whatnot...maybe even make some friends along the way? Here goes anyway. *crosses fingers*

Bit about me: 24 yrs old, college student (math major), live with parents, no job, no social life. My guinea pigs and fishie are the loves of my life, and my little garden takes second place.

Think I'll try weighing myself tomorrow and making one of those little tracker thingies for the sig. Where do y'all get those anyway?

Oh! And hello.
Ianthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #2  

Oh my! I was surprised to see I had a post count of 2...seems I made an intro thread here about two years ago...well well. I'll have to start posting more frequently!
Old 07-29-2007, 02:35 PM   #3  
Virgo1969

S/C/G: 155/see tracker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hello! I just registered. I, too, need a motivator (or a motivating force!). I have exercise tapes, books, logs, etc. I just can't make myself get off the couch and go outside to walk or ride the bike or put in the tape when there is no one here to share or encourage me. How pathetic, huh? I should take a clue from Nike and .....Just Do It! I am hoping this page pushes me to keep pluggin' along. I was not meant to carry this much weight.
Virgo1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:45 PM   #4  
Virgo1969

S/C/G: 155/see tracker/130

Height: 5'3"

Virgo1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

Hi Ianthe

I got my ticker from www.tickerfactory.com

and
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

In the usercp you'll find a ticker, you have to cut and paste it at the bottom of your threads each time.

At 24 you should be at your prime, not saying you have no life. That's really sad. I think if you lose some weight you'll feel better about yourself in all areas of your life.

If you can hang out at this site, read back posts to learn, and keep up with some of these girls - you'll find a lot of support. It takes knowledge to stay fit in this world, it's easy to get overweight and out of shape. So be determined, set your goals, hang out here and where many here do as well at fitday.com tracking your calories and workouts...

Since I've been on this site I've lost 12 pounds in 2 months. It's amazing how much people share and know about nutrition and exercise. I'm finding that checking in here daily or every few days is quite helpful and motivitating so that I don't sit around moping.

Life is too short to mope, or have no life. Get moving!
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:52 PM   #7  

Oooo thanks!

Well I didn't exactly say I had no life, just no social life. But yes, losing some weight would definitely help me in all other areas... self-esteem is at quite a low point currently.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:41 PM   #8  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi, Ianthe Welcome back! go to user CP and you can get a tracker there, you dont have to paste it everytime you just save it in your signature ( edit signature) and it will apear everytime you post.
I personaly find this site very helpful and I hope you will too!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I know some women like Weight Watchers because they have real life meetings, would be a way to get a mini social life while trying to meet your weight loss goals. Do you like gyms? I sadly moved but the ymca was a bit of a social life for me. And you'll meet people just out being active, walk, hike, ride a bike, just get out and do something every day you can. I remember my early 20s as the best years of my life, I was at my prime, in shape, into fashion... here I am whining about turning 40 soon and time flew by. Life does go quickly so get on board here and enjoy it. If your weight keeps your self esteem low - then do something about it. Don't sit around being sad like this. You're going to be so amazed at how much energy you have once you lose weight - even myself, losing 12 or so pounds, I've noticed a huge, huge difference... in attitude too. Overweight I tend to mope, now I'm bouncing around again and I still have 15-20 lbs to go! Just imagine the energy 20 lbs from now!
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:18 PM   #10  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I completely understand what you mean about no social life and low self esteem. I just turned 25 last week, so I'm in about the same boat as you. I'm not sure how much you weigh, but I spent all of my college years at well over 250 pounds. My best advice is to try to change your outlook on things regardless of weight. Yes, losing weight can make you feel better about yourself, but losing weight is easier if you already feel good about yourself and know you deserve to have a better, healthier body!

I had an INSANE social life in college despite my size. Never a dull moment--and it was truly a "fake it till you make it" deal for me. I definitely had low self esteem, but the more I pushed those feelings down and talked to others, the more I discovered that people really DID like ME, regardless of size.

Of course, all that said, I now have no social life since I moved away from my college town to a place I'd never lived before. I don't smoke or drink or dance, so meeting people my age is a but tough, but like you mentioned, having no social life doesn't mean I have no life at all!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:39 PM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! This is a great place with so much information! Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 272/187/145

Height: 5`8

Welcome!!!!!!!!! I`m new here too. A math major!! You go girl!! Nothing wrong with the loves of your life being your pets as a college student. You`ll stay out of trouble that way. If you are having trouble with depression and anxiety, talk to a good DR. Have you found Fitday yet? Tracking everything I eat is helping me.I`ll look forward to reading more of your posts.....Kym
kymandfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:45 AM   #13  

kym...I have been seeing a psych for quite some time, and am on medications for both the depression and anxiety (actually in the past 6 mos that I've been on prozac have gained 20 lbs...grr). I can't do things like fitday or calorie counting of any kind because it makes me rather obsessive, no good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Yes, losing weight can make you feel better about yourself, but losing weight is easier if you already feel good about yourself and know you deserve to have a better, healthier body!
Yeah! This is something I really try to get through my thick skull, it has trouble sticking though. My self-worth is all tied into body image, I don't know how to get them unstuck!

Thanks for the welcomes all This is such a huge place I think I need to find my "niche"... hmm...