Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-20-2007, 02:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 401/289/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile Howdy from Chatt. Town

Hello, my name is Angie and I am from Chattanooga TN. I have been dieting for a year now in June. I have lost 112 pounds and have 139 more to go! I have been reading the forums here for a few days and decided to sign up and say "hi" tonight. I am hoping to get some good support and hopefully give in return and make some friends here...Angie
Angie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:18 AM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi Angie -

This is a GREAT place, full of awesome, helpful and supportive people - we'll look forward to hearing all about you!

Tell us about the plan you've been following - and CONGRATULATIONS on your wonderful weight loss so far!!! - and post often so we can get to know you!

Keep up the good work!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:01 AM   #3  
300+ Chick

Wow! on losing 112 Lbs !! That is truly amazing and you are doing a super job!! I am so proud of you!! Welcome and thank you for sharing your success with us!! Much continue success to you!! Keep up the great work!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:10 AM   #4  

Hello! I am new today. I had a lap band surgery in 2004 and have not been too successful in losing a lot of weight. I have lost about 30 pounds, from 227to 197, but I have been "eating around the band" by eating high calorie, easy-to-go-down foods for the 2 1/2 years since the surgery. I decided to try the no-sugar, no-flour diet, and I found this web site. I have been on this program for about 3 weeks and have gotten some good comments from people that I haven't seen for a few weeks. I have been omitting sugar and flour, but I saw yesterday that some of you are eating whole-grain foods. Any suggestions would be helpful. I will say it is easier to stay on this program having had the lap band to keep hunger down.
oldteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 401/289/150

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up more....

Thanks for the warm welcome! Well lets see I am 37 years old have 2 boys ages 9 and 11. My 11 yo. is Autistic/asperger's syndrome and my 8 yo is a typical sweet little boy. I am originally from the Chicago land area but moved down south 6 years ago.
I have struggled with weight all my life combination of genetics and my grand LOVE for food! June of '06 I hit my peak weight at 401 pounds. I had high blood pressure for 4 years up to that point (note my father died at 34 years old of HBP) I also had urinary incontinence, and sleep apnea (on c-pap machine at night for 3 years) and the onset of diabetes. I couldn't hardly climb 5 stairs without a major struggle and quit frankly new I would die an early death and thats without any exageration! One day I was sitting at work and I had decided enough was enough either I would do something of my children would be motherless as I was without a father growing up. I started drinking TONS of water and stop eating everything that was bad for me. I started eating lots of veggies and fruits whether I liked them or not (now a year later there are lots that I like that I have always hated) and eating VERY low fat. More physical activity naturally came as I started feeling "more alive" as I put it. So thats how I have done it. No magic bullets just shear will power. I have looked at it as a lifestyle change not really a diet because I know that that is how it will have to be and I have resolved myself to that. NOW 1 year later I look like a different person and more importantly feel like one too. I feel 20 years younger! I no longer have HBP, I no longer have sleep apnea or the onset of diabetes. I am not on any kind of meds (I was on 5 different kinds a day for 3-4 years). Anyway thats my story...Angie
Angie70 is offline   Reply With Quote