Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-05-2007, 04:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153/153/130

Height: 5/10

Default Really a Newb!!!

Hi! I'm Dawn

OK- So I am really new to this whole thing!! As horrible as this sounds, I have never been on a real diet before!!
I have always been really thin! To the point of struggling to gain weight. Then 2 years ago I had an Oopherectomy (Ovary removed) and my body just kept growing and growing! I am now to the point where I am starting to feel uncomfortable in my own skin!
Honestly, I don't even know what kind of diet I need to try! My Dr. says I'm healthy and just need to use "diet and exercise" but I want something that will provide results!!

Any suggestions?
ladyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I like counting calories, no restricted foods or eating only at certain times or other restrictions. I eat healthy foods and stay within my calorie limit.
I plan my meals ahead of time, takes only about 5 minutes. And besides alll that it costs nothing except for the food you will have to buy no matter what plan you choose.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:10 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Dawn - technically, you -are- at a healthy weight for your height...maybe it would be good for you to focus on eating healthy foods, getting lots of movement, and just seeing where your body settles? In that case, you might want to visit the "Exercise" and "Whole Foods" areas - both would help you to meet those goals and get to the weight where your body wants you to be.

You might also want to look at the "Featherweights" forum - its focused on people who don't have a lot of weight to lose, since that presents its own challenges.

Look forward to hearing more from you!

Amanda
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote