Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #1  

Post Just wanted to Introduce myself

I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Kate and I am a 21 year old mother of 3. I have been dealing with weight issues since I was 13, I always thougth I was fat. I was never really a big girl but just had a pour self image of myself. But at 15 I didn't see that. At 17 I fell in love with the love of my life who I later married. I had 3 kids and went from 155 lbs. at 5' 10" to 224 lbs at 5' 10". My goal is to be back around 170 lbs. My ultimate goal would be 150 but right now that is not realistic. I can look back at my pics of myself at 16 and think WOW what did I have to complain about. But after 3 kids the weight just packed on and its hard to work off. My heighest weight was 263 lbs. I am now down to 224 and want to lose these last 50 or so lbs. I have read some of the success stories and they really seem to motivate me and keep my looking forawrd instead of looking down and saying I only lost 1 lb. I want to make a lifestyle change and not just lose the weight to look good. I want to be healthy and happy for my kids and to be able to go to the parks and stuff with them and run not just sit there and think when i was young I could do that. I want to be able to walk up a set of stairs with the baby in my arms and not be winded. Well I am looking forward to getting to know everyone. And thank you for listening to my story.

chloabug126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:33 PM   #2  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

welcome!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! It's so hard to take off that pregnancy weight, isn't it? I used to have a nice flat toned stomach pre-pregnancy, and now I just have a large pouch that pokes out, courtesy of an 11 pound baby. I definitely think lifestyle change is the way to go. If you eat the right foods and stick to fruits, vegetables, and lean protein and avoid red meat and processed foods (as much as possible), you can eat SO MUCH food and still be under 1500 calories and full of energy.

How old are your kids? My daughter will be four at the end of August.
Anna829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome -

Good for you for taking the first steps to get rid of that baby weight...you will be teaching your kids great healthy habits that they will carry with them for the rest of their lives, and giving yourself so much more energy for these important years!

Keep posting and get to know us! I look forward from hearing more from you!

Amanda
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote