Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-26-2007, 11:54 AM   #1  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Red face Big Hips, Big Dreams in South Jersey

Hi all, I'm brand new to the site. I'm from South Jersey and have been dieting for far too long now. I thought maybe some online support would help me out. I am just under 200 pounds, but you'd never guess it by looking at me. I think I have quite a bit of muscle under all my fat. My hips are huge, and I know that's the worst place to be big. Anyway, I go to the gym at least 4 days a week and it would be nice to have a workout partner. Anyone live near Turnersville, NJ? My problem is eating too much crappy food and grazing too much during the day, but the diets I've found are just not for me. I can't eat chicken and turkey with salad 6 times a day, it's just not happening! I want to eat like a normal human being, I can be good most of the time and splurge once in awhile. I'm not quite sure what's holding me back from losing the weight...I'd like to blame it on my metabolism since I do tend to be really tired and sluggish a lot during the day, but who knows. I'm looking forward to getting some advice from you guys!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #2  
NikkiGurl

S/C/G: 307/ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Default hey!

Hey there! Just wanted to say hey and welcome to the site! I am still very much a newbie and don't really know my way around here too much yet. I am in the same boat that you are with the hips...seems that everything i am losing is from the waist up...my hips...hate em!! But i'm not giving up, eventually i won't have anything above the waiste to lose lol! Well good luck to you, I know you can do it!! Have a great weekend!!
NikkiGurl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #3  
Soon to be Nurse Aug 2007

S/C/G: SW:228 CW:204 GW:160

Default Hi

Hello. I saw this post and can agree on the big hips thing. I have big hips my whole life. I lose everything in the waist but the hips stay . I ve gained back 15 pounds( only in my hip region) while in nursing school by not eating right and not having time to go tot the gym. I hate it when I knock over stuff with my hips.Not cool.

What really helped me with my hips region is spinning "BIG TIME" and tae bo DVDs. I also count calories no greater than 1600 k/cal per day.

Last edited by ddran143; 06-01-2007 at 05:49 PM. Reason: error
ddran143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:39 PM   #4  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I LOVE spinning, the only problem is the classes are at such awkward times for me to get there! I just started jogging for the first time...well, jogging/walking. I'm hoping that will get things moving! Good luck to you both as well!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:09 PM   #5  
Slowly Shrinking

S/C/G: 271/157/145

Height: 5'9"

Hi!! And welcome from a fellow South Jersey girl!! I live in West Deptford, so I'm not too far from Turnersville. I'm a little taller than you, but my overall goal is close to yours, and I'm right about where you are weight-wise. I want to get down to 169 for now because it is the "healthy" weight for my height, but eventually I would like to be down to somewhere in the 140s. It's a bit of a pipe dream, but I almost think I can make it. If you need any support, I'd love to be there for you. Feel free to contact me anytime!
Christine in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote