Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-01-2007, 01:31 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Cool Newbie...female, fat, almost forty! :(

Hello, I'm new to 3fc's. Been overweight most of my life(don't remember ever being lighter than 200lbs...though I know I must have been at one point! lol!)

In 2004, a friend told me that one of the deadliest combinations was being female, fat, 40, and a smoker to boot... I was all of these... but 40.
I quit smoking for good Feb 2004. I also joined SBD for 7 months and went from 285 to 223... I was also activly doing yoga for nearly a year, which kept it off for awhile and a lot crept back on since then.

I injured my back about 9 months ago. It makes almost everything I do very difficult...exercise hasn't been a priority... It needs to be, however limited it
is.

The other day I realized that in 15 months I'll be 40...and I weigh 263!!!
Time to step up to the plate and get serious ! so here I am.

I am originally from North Carolina, USA, lived all over the country. For the last 11 years I have been living in a village in India with my 2 dogs, and 1 parrot.

Looking forward to meeting new people and sharing in our sucesses!
indigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Well, I'm new here too but welcome!

I'm sure you can do it if you really want it. Just think in moderation and don't deprive completly cause you will get bored.

Try walking. Walking is great. You got a lot of months to get down to a healthy weight. So that's great!

-Cat
LilRed87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi and welcome to the community. I will be 40 in 15 months too, and don't want to be this size anymore. If you work hard at it , you can do it. good luck with your goals. cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi - Yes, walking would be great for you, and I'd also recommend calorie counting. The calorie counting thread is one friendly and supportive group of people!

I'm curious - what do you do in India? How interesting!

BTW, I'm 39 and a half, so don't feel bad!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #5  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

Hey there, I am new here too, nice to meet you!
Well done on the quitting smoking, I know how hard it is as I smoked from the age of about 12 to 19 (how bad is that) and quit lots over the years and started again.
I quit last week so hopefully should be OK!
Good luck getting healthier for your birthday, you have plenty of time so you'll do great.
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:58 PM   #6  
too much of a good thing!

S/C/G: 209/ACK/less than200 initially

Height: 5' 5"

Talking

welcome to one of the coolest corners of cyberspace!

Congratulations on giving up smoking, I always have the greatest admiration for smokers who quit. i have never smoked but both my parents did and I watched my mom give up when I was about 5 y.o. It wasn;t easy.

I'm a bit past the big 4-oh and still weigh more than I should. Hitting 40 for me was about Not Taking No Poop Anymore and kicking a few bottoms. One of the most memorable was a neighbour who incredibly rudely asked me The Dreaded Pregnancy Question then said she "didn;t mean anything". Well, let's just say she never bothered me again after that. heh.

Now I have to work on getting rid of the blubber that led her to ask the dreaded Q. Which is why I am here...

I have back and knee probs as well. Just started walking again after a medically gruesome couple of months. Hopefully i can get back to the gym I had joined too and get into a bit of free weight work soon.

oh yeah, and I like to talk a lot too
catsnhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Hey thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah, walking is about all i can do, and even that in moderation or my back pain kicks in, but hey, moderation is better than I have been doing... maybe several 1o minute walks a day is a good place to start.

Hey Cheryl, Good to meet someone with similar stats!
Keep up the great work everybody!
indigal is offline   Reply With Quote