Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-22-2007, 08:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 223

Height: 5'3"

Post Hello all!

Well, this is the first time I have participated in a weight loss forum. I think I need the encouragement and honesty that only others who have walked a mile in your shoes can provide.

I am 28. I work full time for a Human Services agency. I have also been married for 6 years and we have a wonderful soon to be three year old son.

I am somewhat lost at this point in my life. I have been a chunky monkey for as long as I can remember. I slimmed down during high school, but it didn't take long for the weight to pile back on.

My issue is that my food issues are so emotional for me. I am so uncomfortable in my thin body. I have huge issues with people admiring my body. Last year I had a bout with depression and lost about 50 pounds. A friend of my husbands asked me if I was going to continue to lose weight and look sexy. This sent me into a complete tail spin. I am back to my previous weight.

It has been a few months and I now realize I need to work through these emotional issues in order to empower myself to be who I want to be. I want to be healthy and live a long and fulfilling life. I want to be a role model for my son. I'll be damned, I want to feel sexy to.

So, if you have made it this far, this is where I am at. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
kattykelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:11 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey kattykelley,

You'll find that folks on 3FC are very supportive.

Yeah, those emotional issues are often a struggle. But you're not alone! Browse through the many many different forums and you'll see.

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:50 PM   #3  

I so know how you feel kelly. I am also an emotional eater and I eat out of boredom too!! Glad to hear you are going back to basics with the food pyramid too keep me updated on how you're doing, WE CAN DO THIS!!!! I did really good today, staying away from all those simple carbs. Woo Hoo!!
CarbCrazyChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:52 PM   #4  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!! Good Luck with your weight loss!! You can do it!!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:29 PM   #5  

welcome welcome welcome!!!
im totally with you on the emotional eating ...sad, happy, bored, stressed lol i always wanna eat but its great that you realized that you wanna get healthy. And getting sexy is the best part
keep us posted!
Bean87 is offline   Reply With Quote