Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-18-2007, 11:59 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Hello Everyone first timer here!!

I just wanted to say hello to everyone and if anyone could give any advice that would be great. I stopped smoking 3 years ago and i took up eating instead, so now I need to lose the weight, because I don't want to start smoking again.
MJ83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:09 AM   #2  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

When I first decided to lose weight 7 years ago I joined Weight Watchers and quit smoking in the same week. Cold turkey for both of it. It was hard but I lost the weight (for awhile) and never picked up smoking again. You have to find what works for you.

Kim
nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:33 PM   #3  

Cool

Thank you so much for welcoming me!!!!!! I just figure I need to do something for myself and that is to lose weight (new me) and be smoke free. I am still trying to figure all this out!!
Old 04-19-2007, 05:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

On 3FC web page click on diets , they have reviewed many diets, or check the different forums. Find the one that works for you , it is ok to experiment til u find the right one,
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:05 PM   #5  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!! Good Luck with your weight loss! You can do it!!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:50 PM   #6  

Talking

Hello and thank you for the support and advice!! The 3fc is new for me and I'm hoping that talking to people other than my family and close friends and knowing other people are going through it will make it better. My friends and family tell me I look fine don't worry but I am not happy and they just don't understand, you think they would since most of them are in need to lose a few pounds. So last week I looked at myself in the mirror and just started crying and knew it was time for me to do something.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 286/274/150

Height: 5'5"

Helo. I'm new here also. I am a smoker trying to quit. any advise there would help me out. I've been smoking for over 10 years now and it is holding me back big time. I am also looking to lose over 100 pounds. CRAZY! I can't believe that it is doable but I'm trying to get there. I'm a 25 year old mother of four with no energy. Anyways, I'm looking for support as well, and hoping to make some new friends to chat with. Look forward to getting to know you all.
hersheyskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:59 AM   #8  

Talking

Hello to you. This is how I stopped smoking. The night before I stopped was my daughters birthday party and after all the kids left, a few of ours friends and I were hanging out drinking a few beers and I think I smoked about a pack that night and woke up feeling like there was a elephant on my chest and I was coughing, I tried to have one but I just kept coughing, so I new it was time for me to stop and since April 2004 I have been smoked free. My daughter birthday is at the end of March but it did take me about another week to stop because I still had a few in the pack so I had one or two day until the pack was done. I use to get that taste to have one but I would just get a mint or life saver and wait for it to pass but since I stopped smoking I took up eating instead so now I have a new battle to over come. Just make sure you are ready to stop.I know it is not easy so want to vent or need support PM me. Good luck.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:54 AM   #9  

Red face Need alittle advice please

Hello everyone!! I have a question I have been reading alot of the forums and alot of you are on some kind of diet like ww or sb. Do you think it is better to join one of those instead of just doing it by counting calories and exercising??