Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-18-2007, 12:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 149/149/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Hi All, New Chickie here

HI all, just wanted to say am looking forward to 'meeting' a lot of new friends here. Apparently we all have something big in common, and are looking to make that something a little smaller... How do we do that? I know I have the hardest time losing weight... It used to be so easy, then I turned 40, and I'm smack in the middle of full blown surgery induced menopause. I lost all the weight I needed to last year, then for some stupid reason, I put it all back on. Help!!! Good luck to everyone out there. I might not be too eloquent, but my heart is in the right place...lol. Just wanted to introduce myself and I sure hope this is posted in the right place... I tried the other day when I signed up, and was totally lost...lol Here's to us!!!!
Ciao
CiaoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:04 AM   #2  

Default threads??posts??forums???

I need a book to learn how to use this site.
I am new( guess everyone figured that out)
I am a bored stay at home mom with teenagers.
I hate to be negative but the truth is I am
depressed . I have always been a positive
problem solver through some tough times but right now
my kids are in the negative teen years
and close to college which is sad. My husband is
negative, grumpy, angry alot. It has all taken a toll on me and I just want to sleep.
I am ready to make things happen and break out of this pity party I am in.
Being a empty nester will just be a chance for a new phase of life.
I am going to develop more interests, lose from 145 to 125,
and find some girlfriends to laugh and cry with.:
I also want to find a career that inspires me
nc girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:49 PM   #3  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hello and welcome to both of you.

I know this site can be a bit intimidating at first, but the very best thing to do is explore ALOT. Look around and dont be afraid to post a reply if something looks interesting, or you have something to say. We're all going through alot of the same issues and therefore are able to help each other along the way.

Ciao-I am just nearly back to my goal after letting a good 20 pounds gradually slip back on. I dont know why we allow ourselves to do that, but I know we're not the only ones. I'm trying really hard to approach maintenance with a stronger more vigilant attitude this time around. I hope your journey to re-lose goes well. It does get harder as we age but its still doable.

nc girl-boredom is my enemy in the weight loss battle. If I'm bored, I tend to eat mindlessly. Try to find something-a book, a bit of exercise, phone a friend-to distract you throughout your day. I also suffer from depression. At the moment I'm using natural remedies to help, but I've used prescriptions a lot to help me cope with this diagnosis. There is no shame in asking your dr. if something might help.

I hope you both make yourselves at home here and find lots of support and encouragement.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote