Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 125/125/70 Kilos

Height: 175

Smile My weight scares me!

But apart from that, I'm not really as scary as my name sounds

Hi, I'm new here - I'm soon to be 30, and have been very overweight all my life. I've been on diets before, but it was always something that I was forced or pressured to do. Now, I am motivated to lose the weight for me, and not just because some skinny person made me do it

I was bullied at school because I was fat, I've had "friends" make fun of me, and people trying to make me lose the weight in not so sensitive ways. So I think I've always felt like if I lost the weight, it was like letting them win - it was like agreeing with them that I wasn't worth anything as a person because of my weight. But I guess in a way, being overweight and unhappy with it is a way of letting them control me too, so... here I am!

This morning, my scale told me that I weigh exactly 125 kilos - I know not all of you use kilos, so in other words, I'm very large I would like to weigh about 70-80 kilos... I'll make that final decision when I get there and can actually see what's right for me.

I don't follow any specific diet, just whatever seems to work for me. I'm a vegetarian, so obviously I already eat a lot of vegetables. Maybe I should say that I have a very hard time losing any weight at all, and gain it very easily - so I am probably not going to be one of those people who lose everything super fast.

I have all kinds of problems especially in my back and legs, but I'll exercise as well as I can without hurting myself. I know it won't be easy, but it has to be possible... and I'm here to keep the motivation, and who knows, maybe I'll even be able to motivate the rest of you too

Apart from being on a diet, what else can I tell you about myself... I think the two things you'll notice about me very quickly is that I'm totally "obsessed" with Boy George (but in a healthy way ), I love to watch horror movies, and I love HP Lovecraft stories. I hope to make some friends here, and to lose some weight too
Poltergeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:12 PM   #2  
Melly Mel

S/C/G: 301/281/180

Height: 5'9

Hi there! I google converted your weight and you are not that far off from me - my weight is about 122.9 kilos. I don't do kilos myself but as a Chicago transplant to London, I am used to converting my weight to different measurements!

Anyway, hello!
Melgettinthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:17 PM   #3  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello Poltergeist! Welcome to 3FC!!!
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!
You can probably lose weight without changing what you are eating now. Fitday.com is a free site where you can enter all your intake. Learn to measure as you scoop out your helping of whatever your family is eating. You'll soon learn more about the nutrient content of your food and then we'll help you make slimmer choices!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:28 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Poltergeist!

It's sometimes harder for vegetarians because of the tendency to eat too many carbs or fats while trying to get enough protein. But, it can be done. Are you completely vegetarian, or do you eat eggs, cheese, milk?

I wish you luck! And I agree--staying overweight because other people tell you to lose is sort of... well... self defeating?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 125/125/70 Kilos

Height: 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Are you completely vegetarian, or do you eat eggs, cheese, milk?
I don't mind drinking milk if I know it comes from a cow that's been treated well, but I drink soy milk most of the time. Eggs make me sick, so obviously I don't eat them, and cheese is something I have a bad habit of eating too much of - it's one of the things I'm going to be more careful with in the future, because as far as I can tell, it makes me gain weight, at least if I eat as much of it as I sometimes do.
Poltergeist is offline   Reply With Quote