Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #1  
~Have Faith In Yourself~

Smile I worked out today...its a Miracle!

Hi Everyone! I am a newbie here, so here's a little bit about myself. I'm 24 (well, in 5 days) and I am terribly out of shape. About 5 years ago I weighed 156, and I looked good and felt good. I need to lose around 70 pounds to reach that weight again.
This morning I was sitting on the couch zoned out in front of the tv. I'm a housewife and don't get much exercise. I just feel tired all the time, but today I thought, I need to get off my butt and do something! So I hopped on our eliptical trainer, turned on the radio and started moving.
Okay, so i only did ten minutes of working out...its a start! I printed out a little weight loss chart to stick on my bathroom wall. So every morning I'm going to weigh myself and write down the numbers. I am really excited and feel totally pumped to start finally losing weight and getting on track to being at a healthy weight again.
GodLovinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #2  

Good job! Your goal is close to mine--I'm heading toward 160. It's great to feel that you are doing something good for yourself. Keep it up, and it will become a habit.
bravissima82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:07 PM   #3  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Welcome to 3 fat chicks! I think you'll like it here. There are lots of areas to search and learn lots about all aspects of living healthier. Way to jump right in with your exercise and get started! There are lots of threads starting today to keep track of exercise since its the first of the month. I hope you'll look around and join in.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/212/150

Height: 5'1''

that's awesome! every little bit helps, and the fact that you started shows you got initiative and want to change. I'm pretty much in the same boat, although I'm getting over a cold presently and find myself not moving around much, but I do intend to start out slow, like 2-3 times a week, 30 minutes, elliptical/treadmill/dancing. that and i know i need to start eating healthier... (i had taco bell for dinner) OH NO!!!!!! (but i'm sick, so i'm not going to beat myself up about it toooo much)

good job on starting keep up the good work!
preetys0225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:04 PM   #5  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool You're off to a great start ...

Keep it up. I just love your angel picture; that would make a nice avatar. There are many threads here that you might like to post in, including the exercise threads, and our Christian Encouragers thread, which are a very supportive bunch; drop by and say hello sometime.

I can feel your enthusiasm; that will carry you far. Glad you joined us ~ a fellow encourager ... Rosebud.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:35 PM   #6  
~Have Faith In Yourself~

im trying, believe me! it is so hard to get motivated though at first to keep on exercising, especially when u dont like it as much as i dont!

Old 03-02-2007, 02:38 PM   #7  
~Have Faith In Yourself~

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetys0225 View Post
that's awesome! every little bit helps, and the fact that you started shows you got initiative and want to change. I'm pretty much in the same boat, although I'm getting over a cold presently and find myself not moving around much, but I do intend to start out slow, like 2-3 times a week, 30 minutes, elliptical/treadmill/dancing. that and i know i need to start eating healthier... (i had taco bell for dinner) OH NO!!!!!! (but i'm sick, so i'm not going to beat myself up about it toooo much)

good job on starting keep up the good work!
i know exactly how u feel, my husband and i need to eat healthier-we are constantly going to the bell!!! (doesnt help that it and every other fast food chain are about two feet from our place) we tend to grab and go on impulse instead of cooking something at home. thats really one of the biggest obstacles for me to overcome. hope ur feeling better and thanks to everyone else who replied! lets all keep up the good work!!