Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #1  
cas

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5' 5"

Default Making a Commitment to Diet

Just found this site and I love the name. Today I am making a commitment to start a healthy way of eating and hoping to get control of my weight. I gained 40 pounds in the last year and this last week I have had my first huge gall bladder attack and I am sure it is partially due to my weight gain. After a trip to the emergency room I have been shocked into trying to get some control. I actually started my food diary today. So far so good.
arvilla1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Great start having a food diary. Do you have a food and exercise plan? Have you set any short term goals? Sometimes it helps to make mini goals instead of looking at the big picture. Hope to hear from you often.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Hey there Arvilla,
Hope you're feeling better. Sounds like you've made the commitment.
I think that's a great idea about keeping a food diary. Just don't make the diet too drastic as it could possible cause another gall bladder attack. (Been there, done that -- had the darn thing removed! ) Just use common sense and increase activity. Along those same lines, if you continue to have attacks on healthy diets, pls. see your Dr. You don't want complications from chronically inflamed gall bladder. (just common sense from a nurse who's
been there too!)
Best of luck!
Joanne
fatbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:16 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey, Arvilla,

Thanks for joining in! Good luck with that touchy gall bladder.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:16 PM   #5  
cas

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5' 5"

Just figured out how to find what I posted??? Thanks for your support. For the first time in my diet history I have started a food journal and it is working. I also just found out I am getting my gall bladder take out....any advice. Seems it has stopped working. But it sure has been a wake up call. Have a good day. CAS
arvilla1970 is offline   Reply With Quote