3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Looking for longterm diet buddies! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/101129-looking-longterm-diet-buddies.html)

ksk571 01-10-2007 11:58 AM

Hello Ladies!
I didn't get home from my night job until 7 pm last night. Even though it was late, I did an exercise DVD. I did Denise Austin (who is a little too perky and sometimes annoys me, but the workouts are good) sculpting routine. It was about 30 minutes. I ate pretty healthy all day. Which brings me to a funny story....

One of my co-workers and I have been trying to eat healthy in the past few weeks. We were at the break room table eating our healthy breakfasts yesterday, and our boss came in with a plate of brownies. Someone had given his family a batch, and he knew they wouldn't all get eaten at his house. We just kinda looked at each other and didn't say a word. While we were eating our healthy lunches (he leaves the building for lunch), my co-worker looks at me and says that she has a plan. She doesn't want to hurt his feelings by not eating any, but she knows neither of us wanted any. (We of course checked first to see if they had nuts...they did which neither of us like....) She decides that we are going to cut a piece for each of us and then put them in a Wal-Mart sack and take it out to the dumpster. (We debated about the process...would he look in the trash and see them? do we throw them in another trash can? No....the dumpster!) Of course as she was cutting the pieces, I had to point out that I didn't want a very big piece and that she better let me have an inside piece. ;) Anyway, I did not have a brownie...yeah, a NSV! I'm not a good liar, so when he asked us later how they were, I let my co-worker answer.

While I was typing this my boss came up behind me. I had to close the window fast so he couldn't read anything....like he would anyway. He probably thinks I was looking at a naughty site!! :D

hommer 01-10-2007 07:40 PM

hey

Sorry guys for not checking in. Hubby and I went away for a few days and just got back today. Had to do the grocery shopping and all set to start tomorrow - hubby needed to go out of town again so I will be on my own, the kids have their own life with work and school. Hope everyone is doing great and on track. I have a goal to lose my weight by October of this year as I have not seen my hubby side of the family for years and we will be visiting them. My husband will be running a Marathon his second in Victoria BC and his family is out that way. I have been to embarressed to send any pix of myself so I just send the kids. So I have 10 month to do this and hope that keeping in touch with everyone can help me with it;)

Satine 01-11-2007 10:11 AM

Morning All - just had my honey nut cheerios and milk, could really go for some lunch now, ha ha :D

Hommer - I dont remember how much you said you needed to lose but October is quite a ways away so you should be able to really lose quite a few by then - here's to us all losing alot by then !!! :carrot:

Ksk - That is funny, I have done that at work before too, you dont want to hurt anyone's feelings but then you know you don't want to eat it...it is hard I know.

Well I hope you all have an OP day, keep thinking about the names for your group and we will move this to Support Groups, and get ourselves a weigh in day to keep us accountable. :)

Later!!

CanadianSmile 01-11-2007 03:12 PM

Hello everyone, its almost the weekend! :cb:
NESunshine, :congrat: on the two pound weight loss and that you have now hit the 20 pounds mark that is great!
Welcome back hommer, just take things day by day and maybe set mini goals leading up to your October final goal, I am sure you will do great, if you need to vent we are all here to listen!
Satine, I am trying to figure out who is on your avatar, I think its J.D from Inxs but I am probably completely off! I am jealous of your honey nut cheerios that was my breakfast all the time but I gave it up to try Multi Grain Cheerios but they are not the same.....*sighing* :lol:
I am having a good week I have been to the gym twice and back again tomorrow and I am hoping to reach the 40 pound weight loss mark when I weigh myself on Saturday wish me luck!
Take care!

Satine 01-11-2007 03:23 PM

Canadian Smile - It is David Gahan from Depeche Mode -- they are my all time favorite group :D

CanadianSmile 01-12-2007 07:58 AM

Satine, I told you I would be totally off with my guess! :lol:
Anyone come up with a name for a group, I liked Satine's suggestions the other day, Can't Weight to be Thin was a good one! I have no imagination to even think up a name.....took me forever to come up with my name and look how simple it is! :dizzy:
Stacey

ksk571 01-12-2007 09:29 AM

I like Can't Weight to be Thin, too! I have a horrible time coming up with a user name! Mine's just my initials and my birth month and year. I use it for everything.

I guess since this thread is for accountability, I have to report the bad with the good. My office went out to Chinese for lunch yesterday. Buffet, of course. Chinese is not a very healthy option for me in my plan of eating. I could have had a meat and veggies meal, but there aren't many veggies I like too much. I went and didn't overindulge (too much). Instead of falling into the same old trap eating unhealthy for the remainder of the day, I went back on plan for my dinner meal. :) Small steps!

I didn't exercise either. I went to the store after work to get ready for the impending ice storm in the Great Plains. I did buy a mini-trampoline. I thought that might be good exercise in front of the tv. I'm not very coordinated so we'll have to see if it's something I can do. Time will tell! I did get some exercise just trying to get the :censored: thing together! :D

By the way, I wouldn't have even had a decent guess for Satine's avatar.

Have a good day ladies!
Karen

Libby1972 01-14-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Is that really me (Post 1519474)
Libby, OMG!!!!!! You look absolutely incredible. Seriously. Thank you for posting your pics. Gives untold inspiration, believe me!! What is your exercise routine? Please do share!

Jo

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...09681#poststop

The above post outlines what I do on a week to week basis. Thank you for the compliments. You're too kind.

CanadianSmile 01-15-2007 03:14 PM

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a good weekend! How is everyone doing?
Well of course true to the way my life goes I did not hit the 40 pound weight loss this weigh in.....I am a pound short....I think my scale is taunting me :lol:
Karen did you get the ice storm? We have had freezing rain since last night, not fun at all espically since I still had to go to work!
Anyways I just wanted to say hello and wish everyone a good week!

ksk571 01-16-2007 10:03 AM

Hello Ladies!
We did get quite an ice storm over the weekend. I was fortunate enough to not lose my power though. My car is actually frozen to the ground! The ice is so thick that it reaches the rims of the tires. A coworker picked me up for work today.

I didn't do so well this weekend. I didn't eat any bad food, but I didn't eat enough and I hadn't stocked up on veggies, so I didn't have enough veggies. My house (which is a money pit, by the way) was so cold that I stayed in bed most of the weekend to keep warm, so I didn't exercise like I should have. My cold water at the bathroom sink is frozen...again.... My bathroom doesn't have enough insulation and my house is very drafty so that happens a lot. Normally, this would make me anxious enough that I would begin stress eating, but I'm staying strong for now.

Stacey - I hate it when the scales taunt! They can be so mischievous sometimes!! ;) Hang in there! You'll get that pound in no time!

Karen

Satine 01-16-2007 10:11 AM

Morning all, I did really well over the weekend, but I got a nasty cold on Friday and so I was sick for my three day weekend ...

Okay I am going to open a new thread in Support called "Cant Weight to be Thin" ....START POSTING OVER THERE :carrot:

Satine 01-16-2007 10:13 AM

Sorry I meant in Support Groups

Tookshire 01-19-2007 08:04 PM

Hey, Stacey.

I answered your PM (it was about a week old when I actually opened it...sorry).

I'm up for checking in with a group...that's more or less what I was hoping for when joining 3FC to begin with...and when I found the 100+ group I actually felt relief...because I know that emotionally and mentally there is such a difference in the type of support and encouragement I want and can give, than what I could have with someone who only needed to loose those last stubborn "ten pounds."

I'm not weighing myself until Tuesday...and I know in my gut that I have gained since joining. I haven't done a lick of exercise (at least not purposeful). Monday I have a doctor's appointment, to find out why I have this pain under my rib cage (gall bladder removed a few years ago...but the feeling is in the same area). So I figure I'll be given "orders" to lose weight at that point...and will begin fresh then.

lorimjc 01-20-2007 11:26 AM

I'm new here too. Actually saw an article the the Homemakers magazine this month for the website. I'm hoping that this might give me the motivation I need to get my collective crap together and start exercising. I don't eat a copious amount of food but I'm lazy when it comes to exercise. I'm heading to Arizona in March for a business trip with hubby. I'd like to lose at least 10 pounds by then but I'm not holding my breath.
Hope we can get through the pounds together!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072...2/175/212/.png

ksk571 01-20-2007 11:49 AM

Welcome Tookshire and lorimjc!

We have moved to a support thread titled "Can't weight to be Thin!" Please come and join us there! It is in the support group threads.