3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Looking for longterm diet buddies! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/101129-looking-longterm-diet-buddies.html)

CanadianSmile 01-03-2007 07:09 PM

Looking for longterm diet buddies!

Hi everyone,

I am a 35 year old single female, who needs to lose about 80 pounds. I am doing it by counting calories and for christmas I was given a membership to a gym so I am going there 3-4 times a week. I am just looking for someone that I can talk to who understands what I am going through and the struggles of trying to lose weight and stay motivated. And someone that I can help them through their struggles and keep them motivated.
Thank you, and all the best to everyone in 2007!
:dust:

hapkat430 01-03-2007 07:40 PM

I need you too!!

Hi. I read your post and I am in need of someone too. I am married and I have about 150 pounds to lose ( I am at 306 as we speak ). I live in Texas and I am 44 years old. I have a few close friends here that I can count on for support but sometimes those friends are not available, like at midnight ya know? That is when it would be nice to have someone here, online, to just share with and get support from and for sure someone to keep encouraged in return. I am not sure what to say here since I dont know you yet but I am really hoping that we can learn about each other and win this battle we are both in! I am game if you are!!:p Hope to hear from you soon..
Kathy

thinthinker 01-03-2007 11:49 PM

Hi girls, welcome to 3 Fat Chicks! :welcome: I just know you're going to love all of the great people here and all of the support and encouragement that you will receive.

Canadian: There are alot of threads here that you will find interesting. There's one just for 30-somethings that you might like. There is also one for nearly any plan you can think of, a place for the exercisers, etc. Just jump in and you'll be welcomed with open arms.

Hapkat: I'm one of the moderators of the 300+ area here at 3FCs and I wanted to invite you to stop on by. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124 There are all sorts of wonderful threads over there, weigh in, bios, newbie helpful hints, exercise, photos. About a year and a half ago or so we started an Old Hens thread for those of us that are 40+ http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100670 as there are so many additional obstacles for losing weight as we age. I hope you'll join us there. There are alot of great people that are from different walks of life practicing different plans. I know you'll love it there.

Anywhere that you ladies decide to roost, I'm sure you'll fit right in and be inspired. :)

hommer 01-04-2007 11:56 AM

Hello

I am also looking for a buddy. I would like to lose 80pds, I am 42 years old and married with 2 children an 18yr boy and a 21 year old girl. I will be starting the South Beach diet tomorrow and starting wt is 220 pds. I have been on this diet before but need the support to keep on track. I do good for awhile and then fall off the wagon!:( I will be starting back at the gym on Mon - I am going today to buy a new mp3player, and my daughter usually goes everyday so I will have someone to go with. I also live in Ontario Canada. Hope to hear from someone so we can push each other to our goals.

Satine 01-04-2007 12:09 PM

Hi Girls!!!

I am also looking for a new thread to join, I am a longtime member of this site but need a new motivating group. I am 33 years old, married, no kids, one doggie...I am needing to lose about 80 pounds...recently I was diagnosed with Diabetes and am following a low carb lower fat diet and taking meds...I know what you mean about the motivation and the will power, it is sooooooooooooo hard !!!!:D But maybe together we can help eachother!!!
Good luck!!

NESunshine 01-04-2007 01:08 PM

I Love Buddies

Hi Girls,
I've been on my mission now since early November and have lost a total of 19 pounds...with 70something to to go. I'm 26, single and live alone in a Boston area suburb with my obnoxious cat. I'm also counting calories (as well as percentages of protein/fat/carbs) and paying attention that I focus on lean protein, non-starchy veggies and whole grain carbs.... and it is the hardest thing I've ever done but it is at least getting a little bit easier.. I've also gone back to the gym and am trying to go 4-5 times a week.

I very open to buddies.... the more ways I can be held accountable the better. I post regularly on the NSV threads and the Daily Commitments thread in the 100lb club. As far as I'm concerned I'm in this for the long haul so I won't be disappearing anytime soon.

I'm also pretty good with emails and all that... I sit at a computer 5 days a week so I'm pretty connected all the time so if anyone is looking for a more one on one buddy feel free to send me a PM....really I'll do anything to keep me away from the copious amounts of fudge, cake, cookies and candy that is always looming in our office!

ksk571 01-04-2007 03:48 PM

Hello All! I am a 35 year old single female, also. I have been visiting the site for quite some time but haven't been able to find the motivation or will power to stick with anything for any length of time. I've wanted to join a group, but my life is so boring I never know what to talk about! ;)

I currently am working 2 jobs. In November, I decided to adjust my schedule for the 2nd job so that I can attend a Zumba class that is being offered locally. It's been nice to get active again, however, on those days I don't get home until 8:30 pm and don't have the time or energy to cook healthy. That resulted in resorting back to fast food which did not help the waist line! So I then had weight gain after starting to exercise instead of weight loss. :(

I am ready to start eating healthy and have an exercise routine at the same time! I have been eating healthy for 4 days! I really need someone to be accountable to.

NESunshine 01-04-2007 04:27 PM

hey ksk... I had that same problem too...I get out of work at 6pm and have a 1-1.5 hour commute on public transportation just to get to my car...then another 15 minute drive! Regularly I get home at about 7:30ish, 9ish if I go to the gym or 11-12ish if i have a work event. Cooking is just so much out of the question for me when it is late so I would often go for quick fixes...fast food, cereal, pasta, ramen noodles anything processed, microwaveable and quick to make and eat basically. SO what I started doing was being prepared for the week. I grocery shop on sundays and wash/cut all kinds of veggies and store them in the fridge so they are ready to go, cook up a batch of chicken so I have it for the week, I keep back up lean cuisines in the freezer...not the best but better than burger king...I always have some low fat cheese sliced up and some either healthy choice or thin n trim ham and turkey on hand and whole wheat pitas....real good in a fix!
I found that having food ready to eat on call has kept me away from fast food...and it saves Soooo much money too! On evenings when I'm home on time and have time to cook I kill two birds with one stone and cook lunch for the next day at the same time I'm cooking dinner.

FatKat89 01-04-2007 06:10 PM

First day today!

Hi Everyone!

I'm new also, and very glad I found this forum! I weigh 240, and want to go down to 130. I quit smoking last year, so I lost my # 1 weight loss tool :smug: LOL so time to develop some healthier habits! I love bad food :devil: and since I quit smoking, have indulged myself way too much, doing lots of repetitive eating, eating for stress, eating when bored, eating when not hungry, etc. etc. Just plain ole lots of eating!

I have back problems, high cholesterol and high triglycerides, so I, like many people, have important medical reasons to lose weight.

Best wishes to all of us!:)

Satine 01-05-2007 10:17 AM

Morning Ladies!!

So how did everyone do last night? I did really well, I did not make it to the gym though ...was able to stay around my 1500 calorie mark...I made this really good low carb mac and cheese last night and had a baked pork chop...

what about you guys?

ksk571 01-05-2007 10:44 AM

NE Sunshine - When I am doing well on plan, I cook ahead of time too! I can easily spend most of a Sunday cooking and cleaning veggies, etc. I just need to get back in the habit of doing it again. I did pretty well this week. A couple of problems I have are that cooking for one, I usually have leftovers for many meals, and I then get tired of what I'm eating for the week. I guess I could start freezing some of the meals, but they always seem to get freezer burned before I get them eaten. I guess I shouldn't leave them in the freezer too long, huh? I also don't have a ton of veggies that I really like. I've been trying some new veggies, but don't have a lot of combinations that I really enjoy (though I have found some new ones I can tolerate and actually am starting to like).

I did pretty well yesterday as far as eating healthy. I have not done so well with the exercising. My Zumba class was taking a few weeks off for the holidays. It starts back on Monday and I'm excited. I have been setting my alarm to get up early so that I can do my exercise machine, but I haven't made it out of bed early. I struggle with letting my past "daily failures" (I'm not sure exactly how to word that) discourage me rather than seeing each day as a new day. Eventhough I have not exercised as I would like the past few days,.......Today I will exercise when I get home from work.

FatKat - Congrats on quitting smoking! That's a great first step to a healthier you! I have never smoked, but I can relate to the stress eating, boredom eating and just plain overeating in general.

Hommer - I can also relate to doing well for a while and then falling off the wagon. I am a stress eater and "lose it" when things get bad.

Hang in there ladies! We can do it! One day at a time!

atlmom2 01-05-2007 11:54 AM

I am looking for some new diet buddies. I am 45 years old. I am 173, looking for a goal of 125-130. I lost 18 pounds over last year, loosing very slowly and looking for a kick start to exercise and getting the weight off much quicker than another 18 pounds this year.

vannh9 01-05-2007 07:24 PM

Hello...I love your willpower dust!! I am also counting calories and would enjoy someone to share the frustrations of overcoming the triggers that have made my weight soar!!

I am hoping that one day at a time..maybe even minutes at a time we can do this...I know for me the worst eating time is late evening..so I figure if I am on the computer with support ..hopefully I won't be tempted to eat unhealthy snacks. My goal would be to eliminate the "bad foods" at night!!

Hope to chat more~

failuretolaunch 01-05-2007 09:34 PM

Is 58 too old to get back in shape?

Hello to all,

I'm new to this website, but old to dieting. As I write I'm drinking an Arby's Jamocha shake. I don't know how to get back on track. I retired about 3 years ago and love everything about my life except my weight. It's impacted every aspect of my life. Shut the door on an old friend cause I didn't want him to see how I changed, skipped my 40th class reunion after paying for everything, and couldn't even lose weight for my daughter's wedding in October of last year. Have done Weight Watchers, Optifast, etc. It feels like life is over at 58. For some reason, my self image is in the toilet at this weight. I know this isn't how it should be, I don't judge anyone for their weight but me. My nose is buried in a book, I get out of breath taking the dog out. I thought maybe I could join a longterm buddy group and get help and support. My daughter tells me age 55 to 65 has a high mortality rate. Thanks for your help....................

Libby1972 01-05-2007 09:56 PM

I've lost 75 lbs over the last 15 months. I have been following the USDA Food Pyramid and using cardio and strength training. Mine was a journey into a healthier lifestyle. I've learned a bit a long the way, but still have volumes to learn. I discovered that I want to be a registered dietitian. I am going back to school in the fall. Losing weight for the long term isn't easy. Being 4 lbs from my goal, I realize that I need to learn how to smoothly transition from weight loss to maintenance. It does scare me a bit, but I am confident that I can make this work long term.

Best of luck to you and welcome!