3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Looking for longterm diet buddies! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/101129-looking-longterm-diet-buddies.html)

CanadianSmile 01-06-2007 12:08 PM

Hi all,
I posted this message a couple of days ago and then wasn't able to come back till today and wow, there were alot of replies!
Hi hapkat430, thanks for replying and how have you been doing this week? Everything good?
Thinthinker thank you for the welcome and the suggestions! :)
Hi hommer, I started at a gym this week, and went three nights this week last night it tried the elipitical (spelling?) machine and well just about died :lol: but I made myself stick it out for 10 mins and I am not really sore today so that is a miracle! What is the south beach diet like?
Hi Satine, welcome also, hopefully we can help give you support here!
NESunshine, another calorie counter, I have the Biggest Loser book and I follow the calorie amounts I need to eat for my weight. Congrats on the 19 pound weight loss so far good going! :carrot:
Fatkat89 congrats on the quitting smoking, I am sure if you could do that you can also lose weight, keep up the great work!
atlmom2 welcome, hope to see you around!
vannh9, I hear you on the nighttime eating, this week I did pretty good, but then again I was at the gym 3 nights this week so I wasn't home thinking about snacks :^:
failuretolaunch, welcome, don't get discouraged, you can do it, it is hard work but there are great people here that can help you out and hopefully keep you motivated! :)
Libby1972, way to go on the 75 pounds, that is amazing and it gives me great hope! Thanks for sharing! :)
I hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did I am sorry, there were alot of messages to read though!
Everyone have a great day!

Is that really me 01-06-2007 04:29 PM

I'm new here too and also looking for long term buddies. Can I join you guys?

Libby, OMG!!!!!! You look absolutely incredible. Seriously. Thank you for posting your pics. Gives untold inspiration, believe me!! What is your exercise routine? Please do share!

Jo

ksk571 01-08-2007 04:48 PM

Hello all!
How did everyone do this weekend? I exercised Saturday and Sunday and my Zumba class resumes tonight. I cleaned veggies all day yesterday, so I have some things ready for when I get desperate.

Failure to Launch - there were a lot of things in your post that I could relate to. I lost a fair amount of weight 5 years ago (funny thing is, I was at a healthy weight and probably didn't need to lose) and then after a job change, I packed on the pounds. Over the last few years, I have been "dieting" off an on.....I need to quit using that term and retrain my mind that this is a new lifestyle. I do really well for a few weeks or longer sometimes and then something comes along to hit me like a brick wall. (i.e. illness, death in the family, dog getting hit by a car-she's fine now by the way). The 70+ pounds I have packed on are basically from stress, anxiety and depression eating. I can't tell you how many times I have been sipping my version of an Arby's Jamocha Shake...my last splurge before I restart....as I am reading a book about healthy eating, etc. I have had a hard time trying to get back on track. Just recently, I decided that I need to just buck up and do it....no excuses. I am normally a lurker, but decided that I would become more active in the boards to force myself to be accountable to someone....anyone! Like you, my self image is in the toilet. It's mostly weight related but not entirely. My sister gave me a heart-to-heart lecture about it like only a sister can.

You said, "I know this isn't how it should be, I don't judge anyone for their weight but me." I am exactly the same way. I am very self-critical. One thing I am learning is that if I eat something unhealthy to just let it go. I have a hard time dwelling on it. I would normally let the rest of the day, week, or sometimes month go. You can do it. Take one day at a time. You are worth it. (See...even now, I am tearing up as I write this to you, knowing that it's easy for me to tell you this than it is to accept that belief for my own life)

atlmom - you can do it. I am also needing to begin a regular exercise routine. Every little bit helps.

vannh9 - "I am hoping that one day at a time..maybe even minutes at a time we can do this..." I'm with you on that. I'll take minutes if that's what I need!

Libby - One thing I have done during the past year on 3FC is look at any and all goal photo albums. You are an inspiration. I think a registered dietician would be an awesome job....especially with all of the life lessons you will have to pull from!

CanadianSmile - thanks for starting this thread. I'm glad you posted again. I was getting a little worried that you wanted "longterm diet buddies" but hadn't posted in a while. Good job on going to the gym 3 time this week!

Karen

FrustratedYoYoDieter 01-08-2007 06:17 PM

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this board and am so excited to start the year right. At least, I hope to. I am having a problem trying to integrate my weight tracker. I would really appreciate some help. I followed the instructions and still get an invalid message. Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Schatzi 01-08-2007 06:34 PM

first WELCOME YOYO!!! hmmm check here
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56332 or here
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98257

See if this helps--if not, one of us will be sure to help:)

FrustratedYoYoDieter 01-08-2007 06:42 PM

Thank you sooo much...I was trying to put the tracker code on the botther when it asked for uploading URL files. Hope this works!!!

FrustratedYoYoDieter 01-08-2007 06:43 PM

I saved the tracker...let me try once more!

NESunshine 01-08-2007 09:34 PM

Hey girls,
Sorry I've been MIA from this thread for a bit.... fear not I'm still around and on the wagon. I post on a handful of threads and its just been so busy its been hard to keep up!
Things have been well, I've been going to the gym and staying in my calorie range. I've been successful incorporating more protein in my diet and less
carbs (I'm a carb addict!) so that my percentages are closer to 40/30/20. I've set my next mini goal for 9lbs by the end of January....so 9 to go. I for some reason only see positive changes on the scale until Wednesdays so I wait until then!
there is so much to respond to .... so anyway... here goes...

Frustrated-I'm glad you figured out the ticker, Welcome to the board!

ksk-I have been meaning to ask... what exactly is zumba? I've never heard of it :)

isthatreallyme-welcome too!

Canadiansmile-glad you are still around! how is everything going!

Libby-the verdict is in, you look FANTASTIC! congrads

Failuretolaunch-take a deep breath, life is NOT over! you can do this. Start small, you don't need to flip your life upside down and try to accomplish everything in 1 day. Incorporate a walk into your day, do something to move a little bit more, change 1 small thing with what you eat...such as 1 slice of toast in the morning instead of 2 and add some protein. As you get used to these changes they will become habit and a part of your everyday life and then make another change. When I started...this time... I started making small changes and actually changing my lifestyle instead of going on a 'diet'...I realized that for me being 100lbs overweight...well a diet just wasn't going to do it, I needed to change how I lived. I was pretty close to living off of takeout and alcohol at the beginning of November and had skyrocketed 30lbs in a year, and I knew my habits weren't good but I paid them no mind. Dunkin Donuts breakfast in the car, some sort of take out for lunch at work (Chinese takeout 3 days a week, burritos, Italian you name it), supplemented with some sort of office junk in between, most days I had a class or work event in the evenings so it was more takeout or bar food and drinks, other nights it was dinner at home....something quick like pasta, mac n cheese etc and I'd kill a bottle of wine by myself unconsciously before I went to bed at midnight. Those were come extremely tough habits to start making changes too so I started by cutting out takeout all together, setting a rule that I only eat in my kitchen at the table...not standing in front of the fridge...no alcohol during the week at home etc. The first few weeks were horrible...but I took it day by day and now only 9 weeks later I'm not even entertained by takeout, I'm comfortable with the calories I'm eating and I've become very aware. I'm sleeping better, I've lost 19lbs and gone from a size 22 to 18.
Keep your head up and you can make it!

Alright i think I made it through...If I missed anyone I'm sorry! I'll get you the next round!
Have a great night everyone!

CanadianSmile 01-09-2007 10:17 AM

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a good week!
Is that really me and FrustratedYoYoDieter welcome :welcome2:
Karen, yes I know bad poster I send out a request and then disappear myself, I promise to be better!
Failure to Launch and Karen, I am also very self-critical and would be so down on myself if I had anything that I felt was not healthy food, in the past year I have taught myself that it is fine if I do and not to just give up because I have some chocolate, just to get back into it the next day and continue on.
So when does everyone weigh in? Mine is in Saturdays next week I am going to move it to Sundays and have a cheat day on Sunday.
Keep up the great work everyone! :cheer:
Take care,
Stacey

Satine 01-09-2007 10:18 AM

Hi All, sorry I have not touched base with you guys for a few days...there are so many on here now... I was able to do really well for the weekend... I did however have some weak moments last night and had some pizza hut pan pizza - about three slices WITH breadsticks...but I felt as though I could since I have lost 15 pounds in about 5 weeks, I was treating myself for dinner
:carrot: Anyhow glad to hear that you are all doing well...

Since we have a nice little group now maybe we should start thinking of a name and start a permanent thread in Support Groups?

What do you girls think?

ksk571 01-09-2007 10:58 AM

Good Morning ladies!

I would love to have a permanent group with you guys. My creative juices haven't started flowing today, so no ideas on a name yet.

Zumba is an exercise class that incorporates a lot of Latin dance. They have DVD's I believe and also certified instructors. The Parks and Recreation Department of my town offer the class (as well as the YMCA in my town). I am not at all coordinated, but it's a lot of fun. It doesn't seem as much like exercise as some other classes I've taken because it has more of a "dancy" feel.

I've been lurking on the boards for about a year now. Through all I've read, I am going to take my measurements and my picture at the first of each month. I've debated about when and how often to weigh. I find (in the past) that when I weigh every week, then I feel the need to "reward" myself with an unhealthy snack/meal if I lose (and then have a hard time stopping at that one snack) or I feel that I should just have the unhealthy snack/meal if I don't lose or gain because why bother. I know, not the best approach! I think I am going to "try" to weigh only once every 4 - 6 weeks. It's only been 1 week and it's killing me not to get on the scale! At work we have the physician scales. Yesterday I did get on and put the scale at the weight I was last week just so that I could see that I've lost. I am reserving my right to change my mind ;) but that's what I'm going to do for now.

Welcome to our group FrustratedYoYoDieter!

Karen

FrustratedYoYoDieter 01-09-2007 09:04 PM

You guys are wonderful....thank you for being do welcoming. I look forward to battling the buldge this year with you!!!! I can't do it alone!

Satine 01-10-2007 10:15 AM

Well here are some names maybe, and you girls can also make suggestions, I am just rolling these off the top of my head here :)

Phat Girls
Friends Losing in 07'
Thinner in 07'
Can't Weight to be Thin

Just something like that maybe ...

Hope you are all doing well today...I had lobster for dinner last night, my dh stopped and got a couple and surprised me with it, he knows I love it, and it is so low in fat ...however the melted butter I dipped it in was not that low
ha ha ...ah I didnt use that much ... I figured it up and still stayed around 1500, so I was okay.

How are you all doing?

CanadianSmile 01-10-2007 10:19 AM

Satine, that is a good idea now that this group has started to have a permanent thread! Anyone have any suggestions on a group name?
And Pizza Hut.......sounds good! I have been craving pizza for a couple of weeks now! :)
Karen, I understand about not getting on the scale, they say not too, I can't stop myself from getting on it :dizzy: Your plan sounds good though about the 4-6 weeks weigh in!
Take care all,
Stacey :)

NESunshine 01-10-2007 10:47 AM

Good morning everyone... I love Wednesdays...for some reason the scale only moves on Wednesdays for me...who knows. Anyway I'm down 2 more lbs this week which officially puts me over the 20lb mark so I've changed my avatar and updated all of my tickers. I haven't been to the gym in 2 days but I'm still on track and heading there straight from work. I was going to go last night but ran into a massive commuter catastrophe....a train on the commuter line I ride out of the city struck a construction crew late afternoon yesterday. Really a horrible affair, 2 workers killed, federal crime scene etc. So needless to say it took a long time for me to get home which left no time for the gym. Today should be no problem though....I'm still working on maintaining 1600 calories a day although I always go over by a handful so I'm trying not to now.
Well thats it for now, hope everyone has a good day!