3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Looking for longterm diet buddies! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/101129-looking-longterm-diet-buddies.html)

CanadianSmile 01-03-2007 07:09 PM

Looking for longterm diet buddies!

Hi everyone,

I am a 35 year old single female, who needs to lose about 80 pounds. I am doing it by counting calories and for christmas I was given a membership to a gym so I am going there 3-4 times a week. I am just looking for someone that I can talk to who understands what I am going through and the struggles of trying to lose weight and stay motivated. And someone that I can help them through their struggles and keep them motivated.
Thank you, and all the best to everyone in 2007!
:dust:

hapkat430 01-03-2007 07:40 PM

I need you too!!

Hi. I read your post and I am in need of someone too. I am married and I have about 150 pounds to lose ( I am at 306 as we speak ). I live in Texas and I am 44 years old. I have a few close friends here that I can count on for support but sometimes those friends are not available, like at midnight ya know? That is when it would be nice to have someone here, online, to just share with and get support from and for sure someone to keep encouraged in return. I am not sure what to say here since I dont know you yet but I am really hoping that we can learn about each other and win this battle we are both in! I am game if you are!!:p Hope to hear from you soon..
Kathy

thinthinker 01-03-2007 11:49 PM

Hi girls, welcome to 3 Fat Chicks! :welcome: I just know you're going to love all of the great people here and all of the support and encouragement that you will receive.

Canadian: There are alot of threads here that you will find interesting. There's one just for 30-somethings that you might like. There is also one for nearly any plan you can think of, a place for the exercisers, etc. Just jump in and you'll be welcomed with open arms.

Hapkat: I'm one of the moderators of the 300+ area here at 3FCs and I wanted to invite you to stop on by. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124 There are all sorts of wonderful threads over there, weigh in, bios, newbie helpful hints, exercise, photos. About a year and a half ago or so we started an Old Hens thread for those of us that are 40+ http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100670 as there are so many additional obstacles for losing weight as we age. I hope you'll join us there. There are alot of great people that are from different walks of life practicing different plans. I know you'll love it there.

Anywhere that you ladies decide to roost, I'm sure you'll fit right in and be inspired. :)

hommer 01-04-2007 11:56 AM

Hello

I am also looking for a buddy. I would like to lose 80pds, I am 42 years old and married with 2 children an 18yr boy and a 21 year old girl. I will be starting the South Beach diet tomorrow and starting wt is 220 pds. I have been on this diet before but need the support to keep on track. I do good for awhile and then fall off the wagon!:( I will be starting back at the gym on Mon - I am going today to buy a new mp3player, and my daughter usually goes everyday so I will have someone to go with. I also live in Ontario Canada. Hope to hear from someone so we can push each other to our goals.

Satine 01-04-2007 12:09 PM

Hi Girls!!!

I am also looking for a new thread to join, I am a longtime member of this site but need a new motivating group. I am 33 years old, married, no kids, one doggie...I am needing to lose about 80 pounds...recently I was diagnosed with Diabetes and am following a low carb lower fat diet and taking meds...I know what you mean about the motivation and the will power, it is sooooooooooooo hard !!!!:D But maybe together we can help eachother!!!
Good luck!!

NESunshine 01-04-2007 01:08 PM

I Love Buddies

Hi Girls,
I've been on my mission now since early November and have lost a total of 19 pounds...with 70something to to go. I'm 26, single and live alone in a Boston area suburb with my obnoxious cat. I'm also counting calories (as well as percentages of protein/fat/carbs) and paying attention that I focus on lean protein, non-starchy veggies and whole grain carbs.... and it is the hardest thing I've ever done but it is at least getting a little bit easier.. I've also gone back to the gym and am trying to go 4-5 times a week.

I very open to buddies.... the more ways I can be held accountable the better. I post regularly on the NSV threads and the Daily Commitments thread in the 100lb club. As far as I'm concerned I'm in this for the long haul so I won't be disappearing anytime soon.

I'm also pretty good with emails and all that... I sit at a computer 5 days a week so I'm pretty connected all the time so if anyone is looking for a more one on one buddy feel free to send me a PM....really I'll do anything to keep me away from the copious amounts of fudge, cake, cookies and candy that is always looming in our office!

ksk571 01-04-2007 03:48 PM

Hello All! I am a 35 year old single female, also. I have been visiting the site for quite some time but haven't been able to find the motivation or will power to stick with anything for any length of time. I've wanted to join a group, but my life is so boring I never know what to talk about! ;)

I currently am working 2 jobs. In November, I decided to adjust my schedule for the 2nd job so that I can attend a Zumba class that is being offered locally. It's been nice to get active again, however, on those days I don't get home until 8:30 pm and don't have the time or energy to cook healthy. That resulted in resorting back to fast food which did not help the waist line! So I then had weight gain after starting to exercise instead of weight loss. :(

I am ready to start eating healthy and have an exercise routine at the same time! I have been eating healthy for 4 days! I really need someone to be accountable to.

NESunshine 01-04-2007 04:27 PM

hey ksk... I had that same problem too...I get out of work at 6pm and have a 1-1.5 hour commute on public transportation just to get to my car...then another 15 minute drive! Regularly I get home at about 7:30ish, 9ish if I go to the gym or 11-12ish if i have a work event. Cooking is just so much out of the question for me when it is late so I would often go for quick fixes...fast food, cereal, pasta, ramen noodles anything processed, microwaveable and quick to make and eat basically. SO what I started doing was being prepared for the week. I grocery shop on sundays and wash/cut all kinds of veggies and store them in the fridge so they are ready to go, cook up a batch of chicken so I have it for the week, I keep back up lean cuisines in the freezer...not the best but better than burger king...I always have some low fat cheese sliced up and some either healthy choice or thin n trim ham and turkey on hand and whole wheat pitas....real good in a fix!
I found that having food ready to eat on call has kept me away from fast food...and it saves Soooo much money too! On evenings when I'm home on time and have time to cook I kill two birds with one stone and cook lunch for the next day at the same time I'm cooking dinner.

FatKat89 01-04-2007 06:10 PM

First day today!

Hi Everyone!

I'm new also, and very glad I found this forum! I weigh 240, and want to go down to 130. I quit smoking last year, so I lost my # 1 weight loss tool :smug: LOL so time to develop some healthier habits! I love bad food :devil: and since I quit smoking, have indulged myself way too much, doing lots of repetitive eating, eating for stress, eating when bored, eating when not hungry, etc. etc. Just plain ole lots of eating!

I have back problems, high cholesterol and high triglycerides, so I, like many people, have important medical reasons to lose weight.

Best wishes to all of us!:)

Satine 01-05-2007 10:17 AM

Morning Ladies!!

So how did everyone do last night? I did really well, I did not make it to the gym though ...was able to stay around my 1500 calorie mark...I made this really good low carb mac and cheese last night and had a baked pork chop...

what about you guys?

ksk571 01-05-2007 10:44 AM

NE Sunshine - When I am doing well on plan, I cook ahead of time too! I can easily spend most of a Sunday cooking and cleaning veggies, etc. I just need to get back in the habit of doing it again. I did pretty well this week. A couple of problems I have are that cooking for one, I usually have leftovers for many meals, and I then get tired of what I'm eating for the week. I guess I could start freezing some of the meals, but they always seem to get freezer burned before I get them eaten. I guess I shouldn't leave them in the freezer too long, huh? I also don't have a ton of veggies that I really like. I've been trying some new veggies, but don't have a lot of combinations that I really enjoy (though I have found some new ones I can tolerate and actually am starting to like).

I did pretty well yesterday as far as eating healthy. I have not done so well with the exercising. My Zumba class was taking a few weeks off for the holidays. It starts back on Monday and I'm excited. I have been setting my alarm to get up early so that I can do my exercise machine, but I haven't made it out of bed early. I struggle with letting my past "daily failures" (I'm not sure exactly how to word that) discourage me rather than seeing each day as a new day. Eventhough I have not exercised as I would like the past few days,.......Today I will exercise when I get home from work.

FatKat - Congrats on quitting smoking! That's a great first step to a healthier you! I have never smoked, but I can relate to the stress eating, boredom eating and just plain overeating in general.

Hommer - I can also relate to doing well for a while and then falling off the wagon. I am a stress eater and "lose it" when things get bad.

Hang in there ladies! We can do it! One day at a time!

atlmom2 01-05-2007 11:54 AM

I am looking for some new diet buddies. I am 45 years old. I am 173, looking for a goal of 125-130. I lost 18 pounds over last year, loosing very slowly and looking for a kick start to exercise and getting the weight off much quicker than another 18 pounds this year.

vannh9 01-05-2007 07:24 PM

Hello...I love your willpower dust!! I am also counting calories and would enjoy someone to share the frustrations of overcoming the triggers that have made my weight soar!!

I am hoping that one day at a time..maybe even minutes at a time we can do this...I know for me the worst eating time is late evening..so I figure if I am on the computer with support ..hopefully I won't be tempted to eat unhealthy snacks. My goal would be to eliminate the "bad foods" at night!!

Hope to chat more~

failuretolaunch 01-05-2007 09:34 PM

Is 58 too old to get back in shape?

Hello to all,

I'm new to this website, but old to dieting. As I write I'm drinking an Arby's Jamocha shake. I don't know how to get back on track. I retired about 3 years ago and love everything about my life except my weight. It's impacted every aspect of my life. Shut the door on an old friend cause I didn't want him to see how I changed, skipped my 40th class reunion after paying for everything, and couldn't even lose weight for my daughter's wedding in October of last year. Have done Weight Watchers, Optifast, etc. It feels like life is over at 58. For some reason, my self image is in the toilet at this weight. I know this isn't how it should be, I don't judge anyone for their weight but me. My nose is buried in a book, I get out of breath taking the dog out. I thought maybe I could join a longterm buddy group and get help and support. My daughter tells me age 55 to 65 has a high mortality rate. Thanks for your help....................

Libby1972 01-05-2007 09:56 PM

I've lost 75 lbs over the last 15 months. I have been following the USDA Food Pyramid and using cardio and strength training. Mine was a journey into a healthier lifestyle. I've learned a bit a long the way, but still have volumes to learn. I discovered that I want to be a registered dietitian. I am going back to school in the fall. Losing weight for the long term isn't easy. Being 4 lbs from my goal, I realize that I need to learn how to smoothly transition from weight loss to maintenance. It does scare me a bit, but I am confident that I can make this work long term.

Best of luck to you and welcome!

CanadianSmile 01-06-2007 12:08 PM

Hi all,
I posted this message a couple of days ago and then wasn't able to come back till today and wow, there were alot of replies!
Hi hapkat430, thanks for replying and how have you been doing this week? Everything good?
Thinthinker thank you for the welcome and the suggestions! :)
Hi hommer, I started at a gym this week, and went three nights this week last night it tried the elipitical (spelling?) machine and well just about died :lol: but I made myself stick it out for 10 mins and I am not really sore today so that is a miracle! What is the south beach diet like?
Hi Satine, welcome also, hopefully we can help give you support here!
NESunshine, another calorie counter, I have the Biggest Loser book and I follow the calorie amounts I need to eat for my weight. Congrats on the 19 pound weight loss so far good going! :carrot:
Fatkat89 congrats on the quitting smoking, I am sure if you could do that you can also lose weight, keep up the great work!
atlmom2 welcome, hope to see you around!
vannh9, I hear you on the nighttime eating, this week I did pretty good, but then again I was at the gym 3 nights this week so I wasn't home thinking about snacks :^:
failuretolaunch, welcome, don't get discouraged, you can do it, it is hard work but there are great people here that can help you out and hopefully keep you motivated! :)
Libby1972, way to go on the 75 pounds, that is amazing and it gives me great hope! Thanks for sharing! :)
I hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did I am sorry, there were alot of messages to read though!
Everyone have a great day!

Is that really me 01-06-2007 04:29 PM

I'm new here too and also looking for long term buddies. Can I join you guys?

Libby, OMG!!!!!! You look absolutely incredible. Seriously. Thank you for posting your pics. Gives untold inspiration, believe me!! What is your exercise routine? Please do share!

Jo

ksk571 01-08-2007 04:48 PM

Hello all!
How did everyone do this weekend? I exercised Saturday and Sunday and my Zumba class resumes tonight. I cleaned veggies all day yesterday, so I have some things ready for when I get desperate.

Failure to Launch - there were a lot of things in your post that I could relate to. I lost a fair amount of weight 5 years ago (funny thing is, I was at a healthy weight and probably didn't need to lose) and then after a job change, I packed on the pounds. Over the last few years, I have been "dieting" off an on.....I need to quit using that term and retrain my mind that this is a new lifestyle. I do really well for a few weeks or longer sometimes and then something comes along to hit me like a brick wall. (i.e. illness, death in the family, dog getting hit by a car-she's fine now by the way). The 70+ pounds I have packed on are basically from stress, anxiety and depression eating. I can't tell you how many times I have been sipping my version of an Arby's Jamocha Shake...my last splurge before I restart....as I am reading a book about healthy eating, etc. I have had a hard time trying to get back on track. Just recently, I decided that I need to just buck up and do it....no excuses. I am normally a lurker, but decided that I would become more active in the boards to force myself to be accountable to someone....anyone! Like you, my self image is in the toilet. It's mostly weight related but not entirely. My sister gave me a heart-to-heart lecture about it like only a sister can.

You said, "I know this isn't how it should be, I don't judge anyone for their weight but me." I am exactly the same way. I am very self-critical. One thing I am learning is that if I eat something unhealthy to just let it go. I have a hard time dwelling on it. I would normally let the rest of the day, week, or sometimes month go. You can do it. Take one day at a time. You are worth it. (See...even now, I am tearing up as I write this to you, knowing that it's easy for me to tell you this than it is to accept that belief for my own life)

atlmom - you can do it. I am also needing to begin a regular exercise routine. Every little bit helps.

vannh9 - "I am hoping that one day at a time..maybe even minutes at a time we can do this..." I'm with you on that. I'll take minutes if that's what I need!

Libby - One thing I have done during the past year on 3FC is look at any and all goal photo albums. You are an inspiration. I think a registered dietician would be an awesome job....especially with all of the life lessons you will have to pull from!

CanadianSmile - thanks for starting this thread. I'm glad you posted again. I was getting a little worried that you wanted "longterm diet buddies" but hadn't posted in a while. Good job on going to the gym 3 time this week!

Karen

FrustratedYoYoDieter 01-08-2007 06:17 PM

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this board and am so excited to start the year right. At least, I hope to. I am having a problem trying to integrate my weight tracker. I would really appreciate some help. I followed the instructions and still get an invalid message. Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Schatzi 01-08-2007 06:34 PM

first WELCOME YOYO!!! hmmm check here
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56332 or here
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98257

See if this helps--if not, one of us will be sure to help:)

FrustratedYoYoDieter 01-08-2007 06:42 PM

Thank you sooo much...I was trying to put the tracker code on the botther when it asked for uploading URL files. Hope this works!!!

FrustratedYoYoDieter 01-08-2007 06:43 PM

I saved the tracker...let me try once more!

NESunshine 01-08-2007 09:34 PM

Hey girls,
Sorry I've been MIA from this thread for a bit.... fear not I'm still around and on the wagon. I post on a handful of threads and its just been so busy its been hard to keep up!
Things have been well, I've been going to the gym and staying in my calorie range. I've been successful incorporating more protein in my diet and less
carbs (I'm a carb addict!) so that my percentages are closer to 40/30/20. I've set my next mini goal for 9lbs by the end of January....so 9 to go. I for some reason only see positive changes on the scale until Wednesdays so I wait until then!
there is so much to respond to .... so anyway... here goes...

Frustrated-I'm glad you figured out the ticker, Welcome to the board!

ksk-I have been meaning to ask... what exactly is zumba? I've never heard of it :)

isthatreallyme-welcome too!

Canadiansmile-glad you are still around! how is everything going!

Libby-the verdict is in, you look FANTASTIC! congrads

Failuretolaunch-take a deep breath, life is NOT over! you can do this. Start small, you don't need to flip your life upside down and try to accomplish everything in 1 day. Incorporate a walk into your day, do something to move a little bit more, change 1 small thing with what you eat...such as 1 slice of toast in the morning instead of 2 and add some protein. As you get used to these changes they will become habit and a part of your everyday life and then make another change. When I started...this time... I started making small changes and actually changing my lifestyle instead of going on a 'diet'...I realized that for me being 100lbs overweight...well a diet just wasn't going to do it, I needed to change how I lived. I was pretty close to living off of takeout and alcohol at the beginning of November and had skyrocketed 30lbs in a year, and I knew my habits weren't good but I paid them no mind. Dunkin Donuts breakfast in the car, some sort of take out for lunch at work (Chinese takeout 3 days a week, burritos, Italian you name it), supplemented with some sort of office junk in between, most days I had a class or work event in the evenings so it was more takeout or bar food and drinks, other nights it was dinner at home....something quick like pasta, mac n cheese etc and I'd kill a bottle of wine by myself unconsciously before I went to bed at midnight. Those were come extremely tough habits to start making changes too so I started by cutting out takeout all together, setting a rule that I only eat in my kitchen at the table...not standing in front of the fridge...no alcohol during the week at home etc. The first few weeks were horrible...but I took it day by day and now only 9 weeks later I'm not even entertained by takeout, I'm comfortable with the calories I'm eating and I've become very aware. I'm sleeping better, I've lost 19lbs and gone from a size 22 to 18.
Keep your head up and you can make it!

Alright i think I made it through...If I missed anyone I'm sorry! I'll get you the next round!
Have a great night everyone!

CanadianSmile 01-09-2007 10:17 AM

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a good week!
Is that really me and FrustratedYoYoDieter welcome :welcome2:
Karen, yes I know bad poster I send out a request and then disappear myself, I promise to be better!
Failure to Launch and Karen, I am also very self-critical and would be so down on myself if I had anything that I felt was not healthy food, in the past year I have taught myself that it is fine if I do and not to just give up because I have some chocolate, just to get back into it the next day and continue on.
So when does everyone weigh in? Mine is in Saturdays next week I am going to move it to Sundays and have a cheat day on Sunday.
Keep up the great work everyone! :cheer:
Take care,
Stacey

Satine 01-09-2007 10:18 AM

Hi All, sorry I have not touched base with you guys for a few days...there are so many on here now... I was able to do really well for the weekend... I did however have some weak moments last night and had some pizza hut pan pizza - about three slices WITH breadsticks...but I felt as though I could since I have lost 15 pounds in about 5 weeks, I was treating myself for dinner
:carrot: Anyhow glad to hear that you are all doing well...

Since we have a nice little group now maybe we should start thinking of a name and start a permanent thread in Support Groups?

What do you girls think?

ksk571 01-09-2007 10:58 AM

Good Morning ladies!

I would love to have a permanent group with you guys. My creative juices haven't started flowing today, so no ideas on a name yet.

Zumba is an exercise class that incorporates a lot of Latin dance. They have DVD's I believe and also certified instructors. The Parks and Recreation Department of my town offer the class (as well as the YMCA in my town). I am not at all coordinated, but it's a lot of fun. It doesn't seem as much like exercise as some other classes I've taken because it has more of a "dancy" feel.

I've been lurking on the boards for about a year now. Through all I've read, I am going to take my measurements and my picture at the first of each month. I've debated about when and how often to weigh. I find (in the past) that when I weigh every week, then I feel the need to "reward" myself with an unhealthy snack/meal if I lose (and then have a hard time stopping at that one snack) or I feel that I should just have the unhealthy snack/meal if I don't lose or gain because why bother. I know, not the best approach! I think I am going to "try" to weigh only once every 4 - 6 weeks. It's only been 1 week and it's killing me not to get on the scale! At work we have the physician scales. Yesterday I did get on and put the scale at the weight I was last week just so that I could see that I've lost. I am reserving my right to change my mind ;) but that's what I'm going to do for now.

Welcome to our group FrustratedYoYoDieter!

Karen

FrustratedYoYoDieter 01-09-2007 09:04 PM

You guys are wonderful....thank you for being do welcoming. I look forward to battling the buldge this year with you!!!! I can't do it alone!

Satine 01-10-2007 10:15 AM

Well here are some names maybe, and you girls can also make suggestions, I am just rolling these off the top of my head here :)

Phat Girls
Friends Losing in 07'
Thinner in 07'
Can't Weight to be Thin

Just something like that maybe ...

Hope you are all doing well today...I had lobster for dinner last night, my dh stopped and got a couple and surprised me with it, he knows I love it, and it is so low in fat ...however the melted butter I dipped it in was not that low
ha ha ...ah I didnt use that much ... I figured it up and still stayed around 1500, so I was okay.

How are you all doing?

CanadianSmile 01-10-2007 10:19 AM

Satine, that is a good idea now that this group has started to have a permanent thread! Anyone have any suggestions on a group name?
And Pizza Hut.......sounds good! I have been craving pizza for a couple of weeks now! :)
Karen, I understand about not getting on the scale, they say not too, I can't stop myself from getting on it :dizzy: Your plan sounds good though about the 4-6 weeks weigh in!
Take care all,
Stacey :)

NESunshine 01-10-2007 10:47 AM

Good morning everyone... I love Wednesdays...for some reason the scale only moves on Wednesdays for me...who knows. Anyway I'm down 2 more lbs this week which officially puts me over the 20lb mark so I've changed my avatar and updated all of my tickers. I haven't been to the gym in 2 days but I'm still on track and heading there straight from work. I was going to go last night but ran into a massive commuter catastrophe....a train on the commuter line I ride out of the city struck a construction crew late afternoon yesterday. Really a horrible affair, 2 workers killed, federal crime scene etc. So needless to say it took a long time for me to get home which left no time for the gym. Today should be no problem though....I'm still working on maintaining 1600 calories a day although I always go over by a handful so I'm trying not to now.
Well thats it for now, hope everyone has a good day!

ksk571 01-10-2007 11:58 AM

Hello Ladies!
I didn't get home from my night job until 7 pm last night. Even though it was late, I did an exercise DVD. I did Denise Austin (who is a little too perky and sometimes annoys me, but the workouts are good) sculpting routine. It was about 30 minutes. I ate pretty healthy all day. Which brings me to a funny story....

One of my co-workers and I have been trying to eat healthy in the past few weeks. We were at the break room table eating our healthy breakfasts yesterday, and our boss came in with a plate of brownies. Someone had given his family a batch, and he knew they wouldn't all get eaten at his house. We just kinda looked at each other and didn't say a word. While we were eating our healthy lunches (he leaves the building for lunch), my co-worker looks at me and says that she has a plan. She doesn't want to hurt his feelings by not eating any, but she knows neither of us wanted any. (We of course checked first to see if they had nuts...they did which neither of us like....) She decides that we are going to cut a piece for each of us and then put them in a Wal-Mart sack and take it out to the dumpster. (We debated about the process...would he look in the trash and see them? do we throw them in another trash can? No....the dumpster!) Of course as she was cutting the pieces, I had to point out that I didn't want a very big piece and that she better let me have an inside piece. ;) Anyway, I did not have a brownie...yeah, a NSV! I'm not a good liar, so when he asked us later how they were, I let my co-worker answer.

While I was typing this my boss came up behind me. I had to close the window fast so he couldn't read anything....like he would anyway. He probably thinks I was looking at a naughty site!! :D

hommer 01-10-2007 07:40 PM

hey

Sorry guys for not checking in. Hubby and I went away for a few days and just got back today. Had to do the grocery shopping and all set to start tomorrow - hubby needed to go out of town again so I will be on my own, the kids have their own life with work and school. Hope everyone is doing great and on track. I have a goal to lose my weight by October of this year as I have not seen my hubby side of the family for years and we will be visiting them. My husband will be running a Marathon his second in Victoria BC and his family is out that way. I have been to embarressed to send any pix of myself so I just send the kids. So I have 10 month to do this and hope that keeping in touch with everyone can help me with it;)

Satine 01-11-2007 10:11 AM

Morning All - just had my honey nut cheerios and milk, could really go for some lunch now, ha ha :D

Hommer - I dont remember how much you said you needed to lose but October is quite a ways away so you should be able to really lose quite a few by then - here's to us all losing alot by then !!! :carrot:

Ksk - That is funny, I have done that at work before too, you dont want to hurt anyone's feelings but then you know you don't want to eat it...it is hard I know.

Well I hope you all have an OP day, keep thinking about the names for your group and we will move this to Support Groups, and get ourselves a weigh in day to keep us accountable. :)

Later!!

CanadianSmile 01-11-2007 03:12 PM

Hello everyone, its almost the weekend! :cb:
NESunshine, :congrat: on the two pound weight loss and that you have now hit the 20 pounds mark that is great!
Welcome back hommer, just take things day by day and maybe set mini goals leading up to your October final goal, I am sure you will do great, if you need to vent we are all here to listen!
Satine, I am trying to figure out who is on your avatar, I think its J.D from Inxs but I am probably completely off! I am jealous of your honey nut cheerios that was my breakfast all the time but I gave it up to try Multi Grain Cheerios but they are not the same.....*sighing* :lol:
I am having a good week I have been to the gym twice and back again tomorrow and I am hoping to reach the 40 pound weight loss mark when I weigh myself on Saturday wish me luck!
Take care!

Satine 01-11-2007 03:23 PM

Canadian Smile - It is David Gahan from Depeche Mode -- they are my all time favorite group :D

CanadianSmile 01-12-2007 07:58 AM

Satine, I told you I would be totally off with my guess! :lol:
Anyone come up with a name for a group, I liked Satine's suggestions the other day, Can't Weight to be Thin was a good one! I have no imagination to even think up a name.....took me forever to come up with my name and look how simple it is! :dizzy:
Stacey

ksk571 01-12-2007 09:29 AM

I like Can't Weight to be Thin, too! I have a horrible time coming up with a user name! Mine's just my initials and my birth month and year. I use it for everything.

I guess since this thread is for accountability, I have to report the bad with the good. My office went out to Chinese for lunch yesterday. Buffet, of course. Chinese is not a very healthy option for me in my plan of eating. I could have had a meat and veggies meal, but there aren't many veggies I like too much. I went and didn't overindulge (too much). Instead of falling into the same old trap eating unhealthy for the remainder of the day, I went back on plan for my dinner meal. :) Small steps!

I didn't exercise either. I went to the store after work to get ready for the impending ice storm in the Great Plains. I did buy a mini-trampoline. I thought that might be good exercise in front of the tv. I'm not very coordinated so we'll have to see if it's something I can do. Time will tell! I did get some exercise just trying to get the :censored: thing together! :D

By the way, I wouldn't have even had a decent guess for Satine's avatar.

Have a good day ladies!
Karen

Libby1972 01-14-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Is that really me (Post 1519474)
Libby, OMG!!!!!! You look absolutely incredible. Seriously. Thank you for posting your pics. Gives untold inspiration, believe me!! What is your exercise routine? Please do share!

Jo

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...09681#poststop

The above post outlines what I do on a week to week basis. Thank you for the compliments. You're too kind.

CanadianSmile 01-15-2007 03:14 PM

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a good weekend! How is everyone doing?
Well of course true to the way my life goes I did not hit the 40 pound weight loss this weigh in.....I am a pound short....I think my scale is taunting me :lol:
Karen did you get the ice storm? We have had freezing rain since last night, not fun at all espically since I still had to go to work!
Anyways I just wanted to say hello and wish everyone a good week!

ksk571 01-16-2007 10:03 AM

Hello Ladies!
We did get quite an ice storm over the weekend. I was fortunate enough to not lose my power though. My car is actually frozen to the ground! The ice is so thick that it reaches the rims of the tires. A coworker picked me up for work today.

I didn't do so well this weekend. I didn't eat any bad food, but I didn't eat enough and I hadn't stocked up on veggies, so I didn't have enough veggies. My house (which is a money pit, by the way) was so cold that I stayed in bed most of the weekend to keep warm, so I didn't exercise like I should have. My cold water at the bathroom sink is frozen...again.... My bathroom doesn't have enough insulation and my house is very drafty so that happens a lot. Normally, this would make me anxious enough that I would begin stress eating, but I'm staying strong for now.

Stacey - I hate it when the scales taunt! They can be so mischievous sometimes!! ;) Hang in there! You'll get that pound in no time!

Karen