Old 10-12-2021, 11:47 AM   #1  

Question Beginner Stock Up List

Hello Everyone!

So I am signing up Wednesday and starting Sunday ....

What are your essential items list for beginning again - if you had to - for Phase 1?
What should I have on hand to start on Sunday?

(I looked through the FAQ - and searched - didn't find this question - hope that is okay!)

Thanks!
Kalthia
Kalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 03:23 PM   #2  
IP Round #3: 6/28/2021

S/C/G: 206/191/145

Height: 5'5"/47yo

Welcome to IP! I'm restarting Phase 1 again - I did my first Phase 1 in 2012 after my first baby, then again in 2019 after 2 more babies, then quarantine happened and have retried several times since summer 2020. I just had knee surgery and know am "really going for it" since I'm pretty much immobile and I know Phase 1 works if you stick to it.

For my restart, I like A LOT of cream in my coffee - so I like the Vanilla Ready To Drink shakes that I use as coffee creamer. I know they allot you a few oz. of milk, but that is not enough for me! I add cinnamon, pumpkin spice, etc.
Also for breakfast, I used to get the Crispy Cereal packet to make pancakes. I would roll out/crunch up the packet and add to whipped up 1/3c liquid egg whites. You can shred 1/2-1 zucchini using a cheese grater, squeeze out the water, and add to the batter. Walden Farms Pancake Syrup is actually pretty good (it's one of the ONLY WF products I can stand). You can add cinnamon, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract, etc to the batter to jazz it up.
For lunch I like the soup mixes, Cream of whatever - chicken, mushroom, broccoli cheese, etc. I would cook up 2c riced cauliflower, mushrooms, broccoli, etc, blend it up with 2 roasted garlic cloves with 1c Chicken Broth for a rich soup and get my veggies in.
For green salads - I don't like any of the Walden Farms dressings. I would mix up the 2tsp EVOO + Apple Cider Vinegar; 2tsp EVOO + Dijon Mustard + WF Pancake Syrup (~Honey Dijon)
I typically save a Restricted for snack - any of the bars or Dorados were favorites.
Dinner: Ground Turkey meatballs + sauteed chopped greens & mushrooms mixed in, Salmon cakes with sauteed chopped red bell pepper & celery; WF Asian Marinade + Shrimp. I like the Walden Farms BBQ and WF Ketchup. I like to cut turnips into fries (airfryer). Sometimes I'll use the Miracle Noodles if I need to feel "full".
Mostly I like to keep bulk Costco frozen veggies of riced cauliflower and broccoli for fast options.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote