Old 08-06-2020, 05:40 PM   #1  

Default "Quarantine 15" (or 50)

Hi Ip-ers!! I hope everyone is staying healthy! I was wondering who is getting back on track after regaining during the stress of covid. I would love to hear how you've managed to get back on track.
Catweightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

its been so quiet on this site
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 04:25 PM   #3  

I have 60-ish lbs of baby weight to lose so am just starting on the program. Quarantined and pregnant=a bad mix!
jojo183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 04:38 PM   #4  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Oh, I did NOT handle quarantine very well...I have the quarantine 40 to lose (almost where I started my second reboot last year).

I made it to goal Oct 2019 last year (my second time on IP, first time was 8 years ago). I went to my GROUP exercise classes 3-4x/week, did my running GROUP 3-4x/week, ate healthy but didn't really watch my portions because "exercise". Since March 16, 2020 when things closed down in TX I had to full-time homeschool 3 kids Mon-Fri, went down to half-time WFH 2 x 10 hour days Sat & Sun (so basically, no days off...but I'm lucky that I was even able to do that). My wine drinking went WAY up, my eating went WAY bad, and stress was WAY through the roof. I have a 4yo/PreK DD, 7yo/1st DD, and 10yo/4th DS with autism - trying to keep them up to speed was extremely stressful. Virtual schooling nearly broke me. I had no time to exercise and honestly no motivation if I can't go in a GROUP.

Finally 2 weeks ago, we sent my 1st grader back to F2F school and hired someone to help my 4th grade ASD with homeschool (he is actually doing great!), but my 4yo is still lurking around the house (YouTube University). But getting to WFH during "work hours" and getting my weekends back with my family was what I needed. I am getting my sea legs back and ready to reboot my reboot!

It's pretty annoying how easy it was for me to gain almost all of it back so fast (40lb in 9 mo, who does that)! But I really threw myself off the wagon with extreme prejudice, so maybe it's not such a mystery after all. I'm going to do it on my own with Alternative IP products this time around as I don't want to go to an IP clinic and feel like round #3 I can keep up if y'all will keep me honest. I am waiting for my order from https://doctorsweightloss.com/collec...unrestricted-1 and will go 100%, for now I'm just cutting down my carbs and no more junk!

To summarize:
Round 1: 215 --> 145 (2/28/12-9/1/12)
Round 2: 200 --> 150 (4/17/19-10/17/19)
Round 3: TBD

Last edited by LizRR; 12-03-2020 at 04:49 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hey LizRR 40 lbs in 9 months sounds horrific, but really, it's only 1 lb a week. Not hard to gain 1 lb a week, ask me how I know, lol. That's OK, you are back on track, as am I (and the other gals here.) I can only imagine how hard it is when you've got kids to home school, plus work from home. I luckily have no children/grandchildren, and my job has continued right thru the pandemic as I'm essential services, so I get to leave the house every day. My big problem has been snacking at night on tortilla chips and big hunks of very good cheese. Heck, that was always my problem in the 'beforetimes.' lol
Anyhow, I've put a stop to that and have revisited my old coach (free since I 'graduated' to maintenance originally) as I need her to give me the pep talk and wagging finger once in a while.
Hang in there, gals! We can do this!
canadjineh
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 02:28 AM   #6  

Oh my goodness. I just finished typing in a long reply and had to re-log in and now it's poof, GONE. It's too late at night, and I am too tired to recreate the whole post. Suffice it to say, I have a weigh in tomorrow, and I hope I'm down a bit because I was up a couple last weigh in from inflammation (sciatica). I looked pregnant, my belly swells up and I gain like 5 inches on my waist even just drinking a glass of water. Hands swell too, especially finger joints.
Hope you are all hanging in there!
Liana
Old 03-31-2021, 10:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Oh my goodness. I just finished typing in a long reply and had to re-log in and now it's poof, GONE. It's too late at night, and I am too tired to recreate the whole post. Suffice it to say, I have a weigh in tomorrow, and I hope I'm down a bit because I was up a couple last weigh in from inflammation (sciatica). I looked pregnant, my belly swells up and I gain like 5 inches on my waist even just drinking a glass of water. Hands swell too, especially finger joints.
Hope you are all hanging in there!
Liana
Let us know how you did I just read an article on Keto bloat...…. apparently its a thing, who knew?
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:59 PM   #8  

Wellll, I did not lose any weight at the last weigh in (I have fibromyalgia and celiac disease) and I randomly 'blow up' without really knowing why - except it's likely the stress of a**hole customers trying to come into the store refusing to wear a face covering, and the crazy hurry-up and wait of essential shopping and all the appointments I need to take care of, plus parents with dementia. For me, it has nothing to do with Keto although since I am trying to lose a bit of weight again I'm trying to not eat so much fat, staying mainly low carbish. I hope everyone else is hangin' in there.
My next weigh in is in 3 days so we'll see how things have been going. I go up and down 3-4 lbs for no reason except inflammation. Hopefully it's a 'down' day if I get lots of rest and calmness for the next couple days, lol.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:50 PM   #9  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Early part of quarantine I did terrible. started eating too many carbs and comfort foods. Blood sugar spiked out of control. My worst was around June 1 2020 with blood sugars spiking to near 400 and weight pushing to 320 lbs. Then got back on track with low carb low sugar. Had a great July and August where I lost 40 lbs down to around 280 and my blood sugars returned to normal. Since then I've been kind of stalled out from about 275 to 285. Right now I am around 280. I need to lose more ... I'd like to get down into the 260's. But at least my bloodwork has come back inline and my bloodsugars are normal, so that's something.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#idealprotein, #restart