Old 03-24-2019, 08:45 PM   #16  

Hey everyone!
I've been browsing the forum for a little bit now but finally decided to register. Here is some of my basic info.

I'm 28 years old currently and do not have kiddos (I can only imagine how hard it would be if I did).
Started 01/14/2019
Starting weight: 222.6lbs
Current weight: 193lbs
First mini goal was: 199lbs (made it! Woo)
Second mini goal current is: 175lbs
Third mini goal will be: 150lbs
Goal weight: 135lbs

I have a coach but I do not need her... I'm very dedicated and plan to stick to the diet to a T. I've always been overweight and I need to change my ways. I have told all of my friends and family what I am doing as keeping it to myself does not give them the chance to help support you. I like setting mini goals for myself so it makes the end goal seem much easier to get to. I have not cheated but did hit a stall a while back but after tweaking a few things and mixing up the variety, I've been able to get back on track. I keep telling myself that cheating is not an option as that prolongs this process and thus dwindles my pocketbook! Keep it up and stay at it everyone ;D
Fairbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:14 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Hi Belljour,

This is a journey that has ups and downs for everyone. Some days are easier than other but I found that its all about what you make of it. I push myself to stay on plan this time around (third time is a charm from what I'm told). What I keep telling myself is that you got keep pushing and I'm doing this for me and my health. For me I've been back on plan since the beginning of February, I no longer look at it as another diet. I keep telling myself this is a lifestyle change and food should not be seen as a prize or gift. I used to treat myself with food all the time but now I have other things to keep me occupied. After you have been on the program it does get easier but only if you stick to it and not cheat. I've learned that cheating makes things worst and hard to stay on course. Good luck in your journey.
Thank you Prettyone! I am the same葉otally an emotional eater and treated myself with food. I had a much better week! I lost 4 lbs so total of 7.1. I really struggled through the carb flu phase and was sick at the same time, so I really was struggling mentally. I love your outlook on IP. You are right. Thanks for the advice and encouragement. Good luck to you too! I am so happy to have found this community of suppport.
Bellejour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:58 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellejour View Post
Thank you Prettyone! I am the same葉otally an emotional eater and treated myself with food. I had a much better week! I lost 4 lbs so total of 7.1. I really struggled through the carb flu phase and was sick at the same time, so I really was struggling mentally. I love your outlook on IP. You are right. Thanks for the advice and encouragement. Good luck to you too! I am so happy to have found this community of suppport.
You are so welcome. That's good to hear that your week was better. Good job on your weight loss. What's funny and out of the norm is that I had to find something to keep my mind occupied. What I found was that I enjoy watching the eating shows on YouTube (muckbangs) and that helps me tremendously (yes watching others eat). I watch this for hours at a time and funny thing is it doesn't cause me to jump up and eat. Its something about it that helps me not sure what it is but hey whatever works. People ask all the time how do you sit and watch others eat that's they key they are eating everything that I cant have and I'm ok with it. Like I said before after being on this ride multiple times I had to figure out what works. Not everything works out for everyone but I'm willing to share what works for me and hope that you can find what helps you as well. Thank you and happy you found us as well.
prettyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:53 PM   #19  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 186/138.2/135

Height: 5'2

Hi! Just wanted to see how everyone was doing. Hope all is going well.
jelliehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:59 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 262/230 (4/8/19)/135

Height: 5'6"

Getting started again tomorrow...anyone around?
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 11:41 PM   #21  

Default Started in Feb!

Been doing IP since 2/4.

Lost 11 inches and 10 lbs.

Start Weight: 157
Current Weight: 147-148
Goal Weight: 125

It痴 been a struggle.

I couldn稚 eat all the packets so I stick to the same things...

Vanilla Squares
Strawberry Banana Drink
Dill Zippers....
hereiam824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:24 PM   #22  

Hello I'm over here somewhere lol been a long day
Old 04-08-2019, 07:29 PM   #23  
Started IP 1/29/2013

Hi! I知 around and moving along. Cactus I think I remember seeing your name in prior years. This forum was such a big help when I first started IP. Wish it was more active.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:23 PM   #24  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 200/180/145

Height: 5'5"/44yo

I'm going to officially be an IP restarter tomorrow! I made an appointment with my old IP clinic and will be back in the ranks!
It's been ~7 years since my first go round - I successfully hit goal weight - then promptly got pregnant with #2 then soon after with #3, then just life and I gave myself "time" after my last baby - but that "baby" just turned 3 years old and I need to get some real accountability! One of my other IRL mom friends is joining up at her local clinic and we're doing it together.
I just moved back to my old job site from IP days, and am <2 miles from my old clinic, so I called and signed up for tomorrow. I'm seeing this as the universe calling me back, as the past few years I'm finding myself sliding back into some unhealthy ways that need to stop! I'm going to be selfish and take time for myself weekly to see my coach and prioritize myself and my health.
Also the IP clinic is co-located with my old PCP, and confession I haven't seen a doctor since my last OB/Gyn visit after baby #3 followup - so I made a yearly appointment (finally) with her too.
It seems pretty low-activity around here lately - this used to be pretty active - is it this forum that's died down or the diet?
Hope nobody minds if I start a few threads here and there. I will update my signature after tomorrows restart.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:44 AM   #25  
Started IP 1/29/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I'm going to officially be an IP restarter tomorrow! I made an appointment with my old IP clinic and will be back in the ranks!
It's been ~7 years since my first go round - I successfully hit goal weight - then promptly got pregnant with #2 then soon after with #3, then just life and I gave myself "time" after my last baby - but that "baby" just turned 3 years old and I need to get some real accountability! One of my other IRL mom friends is joining up at her local clinic and we're doing it together.
I just moved back to my old job site from IP days, and am <2 miles from my old clinic, so I called and signed up for tomorrow. I'm seeing this as the universe calling me back, as the past few years I'm finding myself sliding back into some unhealthy ways that need to stop! I'm going to be selfish and take time for myself weekly to see my coach and prioritize myself and my health.
Also the IP clinic is co-located with my old PCP, and confession I haven't seen a doctor since my last OB/Gyn visit after baby #3 followup - so I made a yearly appointment (finally) with her too.
It seems pretty low-activity around here lately - this used to be pretty active - is it this forum that's died down or the diet?
Hope nobody minds if I start a few threads here and there. I will update my signature after tomorrows restart.
Hi Liz! I was around during your time on IP and remember you always shared great information. This site helped me through IP with all the great info and recipes. This is my 3rd time and I知 doing well. I always do well with losing weight. It is keeping it off that kills me. I have to figure it it out this time! I wish the site was more active but I知 looking forward to seeing you around. Good luck!
Old 04-16-2019, 11:15 AM   #26  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 200/180/145

Height: 5'5"/44yo

I remember you jelliehel! I'm going full, official IP with a clinic again. I tried to "do it myself" the past year or so and just can't stick with it. I need official accountability I guess. I still do a lot of IP vegetable recipes - it's funny now 7 years later people making cauliflower rice, breadsticks, etc - I'm like....girl, we were making that years ago!
Looking forward to posting more! I'll put up my "What I Am Eating" tomorrow as it will be my first "official day"! Maybe a monthly chat for those that lurk or do pop-ins? I'm getting my IRL IP buddy on the forum too. This was my lifesaver back in the day!

Last edited by LizRR; 04-16-2019 at 12:15 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:35 PM   #27  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

Started back yesterday! It's been 4 years for me! Lost 64 pounds the first go around and am still down 43 pounds, but thyroid is not working so we have to try to reset it again. Numbers are in opposite direction. Here's to making it two months. I did fairly well last time, just hoping I can do it again!
asmuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:02 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Default Back at it

Hi there,

Im back at it today as well. I was successful in 2013 and a pregnancy and life stuff after Im back up to 132lbs. Im only 5 feet tall so I hope to get to around 118 lbs.

Good luck to you and me
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:41 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Welcome back LizRR I remember you from my first time around as well. This site helped me the first time around, the second time I didn't last but I'm hopefully making this my last time around.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:09 PM   #30  
Started IP 1/29/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 View Post
Hi there,

Im back at it today as well. I was successful in 2013 and a pregnancy and life stuff after Im back up to 132lbs. Im only 5 feet tall so I hope to get to around 118 lbs.

Good luck to you and me
Hi Lexi! I remember you from 2013 and am also from New Jersey.