3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Oct Newbies 2013- Happy Anniversary! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/306632-oct-newbies-2013-happy-anniversary.html)

Slipfree 09-30-2015 10:12 PM

Oct Newbies 2013- Happy Anniversary!

A month of celebration and determination! We are all in this together :)

canadjineh 09-30-2015 10:19 PM

Happy anniversary to all of us!! Wow, 2 years! Time flies when you're gettin' healthy!
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...9a41c344f0.jpgLiana

Grateful4Health 10-01-2015 01:51 PM

:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::congrat::congrat: :congrat::congrat:Congratulations you guys:)

Slipfree 10-01-2015 07:06 PM

Thanks Amber!

So, I was going through my mail bins, and ran across my before and after pictures. OYE!!! I was in such denial about how I looked 2 years ago. Good reminder, because I never want to go back!

Another thought- today I tried on a blazer in my closet. It fit but felt tight in the arms (fit fine in the spring :( ) I felt so fat- fat like in my before picture. Then, I looked at the tag-size 6. How is it possible that I can see the size and still feel as heavy as in the beginning? It is just 5 pounds, not 80!

Jenny38 10-02-2015 04:52 PM

:cheer2::cheer2::balloons::congrat::congrat::bravo :

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LADIES!

I feel the same way when my clothes are snug and think I've gained it all back when only it's a few. I had a top that was getting snug in the arms but the I realized it's cuz my biceps and triceps have gotten more developed this year

Got 2 off this week doing IP for 2 meals plus shake for snack. Will keep going for 5lbs more

Slipfree 10-02-2015 06:52 PM

Yay, Jenny -2 pounds!

Jenny, wish it was muscle, lol!

Just made a yummy dinner, 3 different color cauliflower rice, Savoy cabbage, mushrooms, chicken, garlic, olive oil and soy sauce. Delish!!!

canadjineh 10-03-2015 01:16 PM

Sometimes I try to tell myself that I've put on more muscle in my hips & thighs and that's the reason I can't get my 'happy place' jeans on... but I know the real reason, lol. Unfortunately not the same as Jenny's situation :/
I know it's mainly in my mind but sometimes I think "Woman, you are HAWT!" when I check the back view in the mirror, and sometimes (even within a day or two) it's like, "Oh my goodness... people walking behind you must think they are following a Clydesdale!" That's the day I wear a floaty tunic and long drapey sweater, hahaha.

Dinner sounds yummy Slip! Congrats, Jenny!

http://www.picturesanimations.com/h/horses/26.gif
Liana

Slipfree 10-04-2015 10:11 AM

So yesterday, we went on a road trip to Kittery, Maine. I dove up and back (about 3 hours each way). We ended up at dinner in this very nice restaurant in Portsmouth, NH. Man, I forgot how hard it can be to follow Phase 1 in a fancy restaurant! I ordered the seared tuna app. Small! bites of tuna served with plain purple cabbage. For dinner, a burger-no bun with mushrooms and an egg on top. Side salad too. Did not eat the whole burger, to keep the protein within range. It was a hard task to find something that worked! Thankfully, the waitress was very helpful.

Also, picked up some low carb bread and a date/apricot bread at this wonderful bread shop in York, Maine. Came home and put it right in the freezer. It has me dreaming of Phase 3 breakfasts :)

Oh Liana, a Clydesdale! I have a new image for my fluffy days,lol!

canadjineh 10-05-2015 06:58 PM

I think, quite often, the fancier the restaurant the more they are used to 'customization' by their clients... Good work Slip!
Good news here... despite a glass & a half of good wine and 100g of Toblerone as well as some white cheddar popcorn I am down to 135 this afternoon. Anyhow, time to be a bit more serious with my eating today. So only 3 lbs to my happy place, and I am back to wearing a few more pairs of jeans that I couldn't zip up a little while ago without severe muffintop.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...2824da334d.jpg

Your laugh for the day.... "Yes, I still take the same size I wore in high school..."

Liana

Slipfree 10-05-2015 07:45 PM

What on earth was that person thinking?!! Lol

Liana, your little splurge sounds wonderful! Glad that the scale is cooperating :)

Good day here. So tired tonight. Hopefully an early night tonight. We have def. hit fall temps here, brr. No, in the middle temps lately.

stephascope 10-05-2015 11:26 PM

Happy Anniversary October Newbies! :carrot:

October 20 is my official anniversary date. What an awesome 2 years it has been. I finally feel for the first time in my life that I have this under control!

I attended an Ideal Protein Super Weekend on Saturday and Sunday. It's a conference for IP coaches/owners/providers. Wow, information overload. It was great though. Wish there was something like that for dieters to attend.

It sounds like everyone is doing well with their reboots. Keep it going!

We are approaching Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. Hubby and I are heading to my parents' place in BC. I'm looking forward to it but a little nervous about all the food. It's temporary and fixable but I find I get grumpy when I am faced with poor food situations. :mad: Anyone else get the same way?

S.

Grateful4Health 10-06-2015 12:11 PM

Steph congratulations (a little early) - 2 years is a huge statistical success. The 2 year and 5 year mark are my two big maintenance goals.
I don't get grumpy in poor food situations, I get anxious and on edge. I'm getting more and more at ease though, and I am coming closer to what you describe, which is knowing these situations are temporary and fixable. I just know when I'm eating out or eating other people's food it's often (though not always) laden with added/hidden sugars and salts and I'm going to pay for it one way or another.

Slipfree 10-06-2015 07:21 PM

Hi all,

I feel that way when I fear that going off my plan, is going to mess with my groove. Right now, I am almost at the end of my reboot. Right in time, to have out of town guests, special surprise weekend away with my female family members for my 50th birthday and a birthday dinner with friends the following weekend. 50 is once in a lifetime and I am going to focus on your temporary and flexible statement.

Steph, your weekend sounded cool! Anything good coming our way? New foods?

Pretty stressful day at work. Why is it that adults are the hardest part of my job?
Food was great, working on my water now. Hope all of you had a great day.

stephascope 10-06-2015 10:40 PM

Yes, there are new products in the works. Tangerine drink enhancer (like the Mangosteen), a trail mix, and protein rice are the only ones I can remember right now! What do you guys think of that?

Jenny38 10-07-2015 08:26 AM

Morning,

Everyone sounds like they are in such a good space.

Love the muffin top picture - it is scary what people think is ok.

Slip - yeah to coming to the end of your reboot! Great work on sticking to the plan eating out. hope today is less stressful.

Steph - have you heard about or have the IP rice crispy squares? My clinic has them and my friend says they're yummy. I heard Mac and cheese was coming out.

Working hard stick to my plan and am finding it easier this week the last.

Slipfree 10-07-2015 07:30 PM

Hi gals,

Steph, trail mix sounds good to me, but I am looking for easy unrestricted items.
I am really not a fan of drinking my packets.

Jenny, Today was better, they switched up the student assigned to the assistant-who yelled at me. (In front of students). The adult has issues and had become overly enmeshed with the student. So afraid of the students's behavior, that she wraps her in emotional bubble wrap. Glad that sticking to your plan is easier this week. How are the kids doing at school? When is DH starting his new job?

Amber, Luccilove, Liana,Want2b, Hawaii, and Kooky- how goes the battle?

stephascope 10-08-2015 12:34 AM

Jenny - The Vanilla Crispy Squares and Macaroni and Cheese are both out. The squares are unrestricted and very popular. The Mac n Cheese is just okay and not so popular :P

Slip - I agree. I prefer the ready to eat foods too. That chocolate drink warmed up with sugar free mint syrup is pretty great in the winter though!

Grateful4Health 10-08-2015 11:04 AM

I tried one of the vanilla crispy squares and I don't even like those flavors usually but it was amazing. If I was still on IP P1 that would be one of my staples for sure.

Slip - after a few months of P1 I was almost exclusively "ready to eat". I didn't even use my shaker bottle any more. I had a big move which made me start using them as I didn't have so much access to food prep for a week, and after that week realized the ready to eat just made my life much simpler.

I'm doing fairly well, decided to have a bit of a looser day yesterday and saw it on the scale this morning, so a tighter day today. Sigh.
I woke up wondering about if I have some kind of attachment to the drama of the up and down, but I don't think that's quite it, I think I'm just learning about the fluctuations.

I'm just also surprised how carb sensitive my body is on one hand, and on the other hand I've really known that for a good 20 years, as the only time I've been at healthy weights in my life has been during carb restriction periods. So either I accept that and live at a healthy weight, or I don't. And I have accepted it, so I'm on the train and just keeping going:)

But my reboot was good, I finished P3 the day before yesterday (decided to just do a week) and yesterday went out for dinner, which always causes and up in lbs even when I'm reasonable (which I was at dinner), but I also want to be an adult and live my life without being over the top on restrictions. So I'm just learning, learning, learning.

LUCCILOVE 10-08-2015 07:58 PM

Happy Fall

Hi Ladies--

Just saying hello. I am back on P1 just started. I think this will be my last try om P1. It is alot to keep doing this for 2 years.
It takes a toll on the body but more on the mind.

I love the new vanilla squares but I feel they should probably be restricted.

Slipfree 10-08-2015 08:04 PM

Amber, I have decided to limit my weighing, especially for two days after my fun meal. The up/down of the scale had me feeling constant pressure. But, I think life is too restrictive without some fun built in.

When I am maintaining I really limit carbs to breakfast and pretty much have two fat/protein meals. Exception would be wine sometimes on the weekends- while out. I hit my slip/slide when I started combining carbs and fats on a reg. basis. Hello 15 pounds! I know successful IPers that have switched to weight watchers to maintain. But I know myself! I would eat my points in WW ice cream sandwiches, lol. Sad, but true!

You are so right about the ongoing process, it truly is a constant battle to keep the weight down. Even with my brief summer slide, I realize that before IP, my slide would have gone on for years! All about, progress, not perfection.

We are rocking this!

canadjineh 10-09-2015 03:54 AM

Well, I'm still here.... although life & schedule are taking their toll on me. DH's mum is having cognitive issues - she lost her in-house medic alert button and we still can't find it although it shows that it is in the building somewhere. She keeps saying they never gave her one, just a necklace for it but we saw it for the first few days. Then she left her debit card in another purse and I ended up buying her breakfast groceries the other day - she searched the purse but was too distraught thinking she left it in the last store she was in. I found it in the purse, after we phoned the drugstore to see if she left it there. Then she couldn't find the flyswatter that housekeeping just gave her, and it goes on... I've been trying to gently convince her to drink water but she just says 'I have a glass of juice at lunch and some tea, I'm fine.' Dehydration often shows as cognitive impairment. Then tonight after talking with a ton of people in the new-to-her congregation before and after our Bible study, when it's time to go home she said 'this place sure wasn't friendly - no one talked to her' (!?). I almost lost it but she really couldn't remember talking with anyone tonight. Then she kept saying we have to rush and be back before 10 pm or the staff would be mad. It was only 9:20 and we are 5 minutes from her apartment. Although we have explained over and over that she can come & go as she pleases and stay out til 2 AM if she wants - it is her home not a hospital, it doesn't seem to stick in her mind. They lock the door for security after 10pm but the residents just have to press a buzzer and the staff comes over to open the door no big deal.
This is not a good sign. I am already feeling the worry & sadness with my own mom. Lately she hasn't wanted to eat anything except cottage cheese even though Dad makes beautiful meals that are tasty and interesting with stuff she used to like not very long ago. I am going to take my blender over there and see if we can't get some smoothies into her with hidden veggies amongst the berries etc. Dad has to watch her blood sugar so she can't just be eating sweet stuff which she also likes. He is worried that when she ends up having to go into a home she will just starve since she probably won't eat anything they give her. Today she had a sweatshirt on inside out and backwards and when I pointed it out she got huffy and refused to change it saying it doesn't matter. I guess it really doesn't since she isn't going anywhere but it was so not like her in the old days. She was pretty stylish. It made me very sad.

Sorry for dumping. It's been a pretty rough week.
Right now dried pineapple rings are my nemesis, I just 'found' a 5 lb bag hidden away from last year's fruit & nut sale. I am still fitting the smaller jeans though. (but I won't be for long if I keep at them...)

Liana

Grateful4Health 10-09-2015 11:31 AM

Liana thank you for sharing all of that, I have been wondering how you are. That is a lot. How long has she been at the apartment?
I used to work with the elder population and I know these kinds of changes (moving, for example) are very difficult for the individual, but can sometimes get better overtime, depending on the degree of cognitive decline.
My heart goes out to you.

Slip, thank you for your suggestion, it helped me. I did a loose P1/P2 day yesterday, when I woke up this morning the bloat was gone, but only down .5 on the scale. It helped me to remember it will ease out over time and don't freak out.
I think I need to just overall calm my relationship to the change, but at the same time not be in denial - it's a balance.
I think one big key for me is really how I feel.

canadjineh 10-09-2015 04:39 PM

Thanks G4H, I used to work with people with traumatic brain injuries for many years and although the mechanism is different there are some similarities. It's just harder when it's someone close to you. It has been 2 weeks tomorrow since the move. Perhaps all the excitement has worn off for her now and here she is - a little depressed without her usual fallback support of DH's sister doing the running around for her. People tend to get very self centered as they get older and forget that those of us that are younger have a living to make and other duties that must be performed. I am working fulltime right now, supporting my husband in our small business, helping Dad with my mom when I can, taking care of the house (not without considerable work from DH - he's a gem), and am involved in two volunteer activities that are important to me, and have a small Avon business that involves travel to the neighbouring town to deliver and pick up orders. It seems she wants me to be there constantly to take her around to places or run errands for her when some of those things can be done with the help of the in-house minibus or even by her walking across the street to the mall with her walker. It would be nice if she investigated these ideas and then we could actually have a visit for tea instead of doing errands. I'm sure both of us would feel better about our interaction that way. She's always been a great MIL but lately we all have noticed that she's become more demanding. Then again she will be 90 in a couple months.

Now how to convince her of the need for sufficient water intake.... perhaps I can bring it up with her new doc (apptmt coming up on the 20th - guess who gets to take her there) who is fresh out of medical school and hopefully up on all the latest nutritional approaches to aging. This will be his 'employment application interview', lol, since none of us want the quickie 'here's a prescription' type of doc. Although there are over 75 doctors in our small town almost all of them are full up with patients and not taking on any more. He has joined the same clinic as a couple of trusted docs we have as business clients and who are vouched for by other friends of ours who are their patients. I'm sure they've vetted him :D. Another thing to check is her B12 levels since they are often low in seniors and that's a direct correlation with cognitive decline.

At least my mum was in a better mood today, we coloured her hair and had a nice visit.
Liana

Slipfree 10-09-2015 08:30 PM

Liana, my heart goes out to you. My mom went through much of this with her Mother. Just so much stress, combined with the grief involved about the changes in personality. All I can say is, we are here for you and send you hugs and prayers.

Amber, I think for me, a monthly weigh in will work. If I am working the program, the scale should not matter really. I need to work on my stress levels! Definitely going to spend some time outside this weekend! I miss sunshine and the earth when I go back to school.

Luccilove, I am wishing you strength and success! I admire your stick-to-it determination.

Grateful4Health 10-12-2015 11:43 AM

Liana, I hope you and your family are well overall. Yes, I have noticed that also that as the cognitive decline happens things become very self focused for the elder. It's hard for the caregiver - the elder can be very ungracious, to put it mildly:) I could tell you some stories that would make you laugh and cry at the same time....

Slip I read somewhere that you finished up your reboot - congrats!

I added back in some carbs the last few days and weight stayed steady which was nice. Just a few here and there but I'm surprised how much more satiated I feel, and the amount of energy that came back. I am using them sparingly and keeping my overall portion sizes lower but more consistent (every few hours) and so far this is working well.

I also stopped using the bars/powders etc. for now as it seemed to be bothering my stomach some and also causing cravings. I'll see how that goes. It's hard to get the protein in without it, as I'm not a big meat eater, so we'll see.

Slipfree 10-12-2015 04:02 PM

Hi,

Amber, decided to extend for another week. Glad that your carb reintro. Is going well. I always struggle with a satisfying sweet snack without the bars. :(

Just spent the day out on the water cruising up and down the coast in a friend's boat. It was gorgeous and relaxing!

Grateful4Health 10-12-2015 05:04 PM

Good luck this week Slip -
I noticed when I re-introduced the carbs, the need for the sweet taste doesn't come so much unless I trigger it with something, then the craving comes.
I have a feeling though at TOM I will have that issue again.

At the end of the meal if I brush my teeth or just eat a bit of something sweet - like a calcium chewy - I'm fine.

I'm starting this week into the more intense exercise again, I'm actually looking forward to it as I really have the energy back for it now.

Slipfree 10-13-2015 06:09 PM

Hi everyone!

How did the Thanksgiving holiday go for my Canadian friends?

Amber, good luck on the exercise ramp up.

As for me, just made Big Mac in a bowl. Have not had it in over a year, tasted pretty good.

Moving along in life. School is going pretty well, today flew by.

Turning 50 in a few weeks! Oh My!

Jenny38 10-13-2015 07:18 PM

Hi ladies,

Liana- sending lots of love. It must be so hard to watch the people you love change so much and struggle. Your high levels of energy contine to amaze me.

Slip - DH started working today!! He seems to like the people and the company is a lot bigger than the last one.

My son is breathing over my shoulder waiting for the iPad so will catch up more later. We had a great thanksgiving and now all have colds. Did well with eating until yesterday but back on track today.

Love the new IP rice crispy for a 3pm snack

Slipfree 10-13-2015 07:28 PM

Jenny- yay for DH! So glad that he likes it. What a relief for both of you :)
Glad that you had a good Thanksgiving, but sorry to hear that you all have colds.

Grateful4Health 10-14-2015 12:57 AM

Jenny congrats for DH:)!

canadjineh 10-14-2015 07:41 PM

I think it's all the stress that lowers our immune systems and BAM! here come the colds. Me too, had to call in sick for work yesterday - don't want to slime up the patrol car anyhow - not fair to my coworkers :fr:. I feel like I've been beaten with a stick today, so exhausted and snotted up. Even the extra-strength nighttime cold medication only works for 3 hours.
http://www.woodus.com/den/gallery/gr...bble_slime.png

Sounds like everyone is doing well on their maintenance/reboot plans and YAAAY for DH's new job, Jenny! That helps ease the mind.

Today is mainly an herbal tea day and lots of lemon water (I did have a quest bar so I could take my vitamins without having tummy upset). I just can't taste much and am not very hungry (THAT'S rare for me - I can always eat when I get ill, lol).

Liana

Slipfree 10-14-2015 08:05 PM

Hope you feel better Liana.

Slipfree 10-15-2015 09:17 PM

Hi all,

Tomorrow is the last day of my reboot. Yay! Feeling so much better than a month ago. Still feel puffy, but TOM may be part of that issue.

Going to keep my weeks clean, but the next few weekends will be busy-you only turn 50 once! Out of town family arrive next Thurs, celebrations on Fri and Sat. Following weekend, the women in my family are taking me away to Rhinebeck,NY. I know the destination but none of the plans. The next Fri. is a small out to dinner birthday party and Sat. is my SIL's Garden Club Charity Tea.

canadjineh 10-16-2015 03:16 AM

You are a busy gal Laura! But hey, busy-fun is good busy!
I got a major hair cut & restyle and colour change to start my second half of the century, lol.
Liana

amyniagara 10-16-2015 11:42 AM

Liana ~ my Mom and Dad have passed from dementia and there are two things that helped me and might help you too. To look at the demanding or unusual disregard for your schedule as coming from the emotional level of a 3 year old. I believe my parents frequently operated from about that age. Kids don't care about inside-out clothes or water or how busy you are. Once I realized that I was experiencing my parents as children I could see that in general, emotionally, they really were about 3 or 4 years old for a long time.

And the second thing was something my Aunt said to me which was to remember I was running a marathon not a sprint. To take care of myself so that I would be able to endure the work of the situation.

Drinking water is a real challenge...maybe try infused waters...add stevia. Tea is at least a good thing. My sister has early alzheimers now and she forgets that she didn't drink her water. Sometimes I pour us both 1 cup "shots", make a toast and we drink together but those kind of games only work twice a day if lucky. I am just glad that I have learned so much from IP as to stay on top of emotional eating but it is a daily, hourly reality check. These forums really help me to stay tuned in. I rebooted in September after gaining my loss back and am slowly losing. Staying off trigger foods while living life sure is easier with support. I hope you are having more good days than bad and that you can enjoy the moments! Wishing you well.

Slipfree 10-16-2015 08:00 PM

Hi all,

Liana, you are right-fun busy is good busy. As for hair, I have an appt. tomorrow! Not too extreme, I did that big change when I hit goal, 1.5 years ago,lol.

Amy, I think your view and experience is very helpful and insightful. Absolutely agree with you about the focus and support of the forum.

Slipfree 10-18-2015 11:41 AM

Hi everyone,

So quiet here. Hope that means that you are happy busy! Looking for a check in from Hawaii, Want2b and Kooky. I miss Hiker and Schenectady too.

Luccilove- how are you doing? What are you doing to make Phase 1 tolerable?

As for me, I added yogurt to my bar in the morning and I am starving at 11:30. I may have a pumpkin beer today at a Charity fundraiser, I have not decided.

Hair turned out pretty great, if I do say so myself! Just put highlights in to brighten it up. Have to get up and going, but it is chilly here and I am lacking motivation :P

Jenny38 10-19-2015 09:15 AM

Morning,

Slip- post a pic of your new dew. Sounds like you are going to have a amazing and well deserved 50th. I love that we are getting healthier as we age.

Liana - hope you're feeling better. I caught a cold as well and it seems to have sucked all the energy out of me

We finally turned our heat on this weekend and today it is -1 but the sun is out and should warm up later. Need to focus to get 4 off, I'm determined to see the scale at 164 in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Have a good week and hi to everyone

Slipfree 10-19-2015 05:06 PM

Hi Jenny, I bet I will have some pics from my girl's birthday weekend, so soon. It does feel great to be this healthy and younger looking at 50 than I was at 237 pounds at 40!

As for cold weather, I gave in just now and turned on the heat. We were in the 20s here this morning :(. Too hot, too cold! Never just right anymore.

Sorry to hear that everyone is fighting a cold :(