Old 09-06-2015, 07:18 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Default Scale choice

OK my friends, I need advice. As i realize now that I really need to get my schizzle together and prepare for the inevitable within probably the next 2 months..(leaving phase 1). Obviously I nned to educate myself on the next steps so that I really know what I can and cannot do food wise, what exercise I should do, (not just my half baked squats and lunges and plank challenges in the morning) my question for you all is what kind of scale do you own I have a good old fashioned one, but it's not accurate, even when I adjust it and honestly, I would like a good scale that will keep me on track. So...that, today is my question for you all. Thanks ladies and keep up the excellent work!! We are all doing amazing things here!!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:03 AM   #32  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Okay, the upside of being sick is .... weight loss! LOL. I lost a full pound after yesterday's events.

Destony, I have one of those old fashioned scales that you used to see in doctors' offices. The kind that's all-metal, tall, heavy, and with a bar across the top where you move the slider across until the bar balances. It's very accurate. But it takes up a pretty big footprint and not everyone wants something that big in their bathroom.

Honestly, I don't think it matters which scale you use, as long as you use the same one consistently and it doesn't give wildly different weights from day to day.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:26 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

HIS - sorry to read about the tummy issues! Yuk my thought would be sticking mostly to RTD's / puddings until it's past - easy protein and shouldn't tear you up...take care of yourself though. The one time I got sick on IP it seemed to take longer to recover

Roxy- thanks - we did have a nice vacation the next 2 weeks are going to be tough but I think the worst of the shock has passed.
veggies: the go-to staple is celery sticks - DH and I both eat them (he dips in peanut butter). I have also started cutting up colored peppers for a quick snack. Because of my thyroid I avoid raw broccoli and cauliflower- also easy and yummy but goitrous

Linda - so the menu changed & we had pork...lots of wonderful smoked / grilled pork. I indulged in a little BBQ yesterday too it was a great day and DH's uncle was very happy - he is an awesome man and great example of where I'd like to be at age 80!
Unfortunately I really really don't know what the company is going to do. My boss has promised an inquiry for a temp is going going out next week but ours isn't a job you can just pick up and do in 2/3 days

So yesterday was fun and while I overate the meat, and had 3 deviled eggs I think overall I did ok I also walked the equivalent of 5 miles all over his farm and climbed 2 mountains. We are going back today - another hike and hanging with DH's cousins
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:00 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
I also walked the equivalent of 5 miles all over his farm and climbed 2 mountains.
... and here I thought I was doing pretty good this morning because I walked over to the coffee shop instead of driving over

HIS - Hang in there, eat what you can manage, you've been doing great so far, and this will just be a small bump in the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
OK my friends, I need advice. As i realize now that I really need to get my schizzle together and prepare for the inevitable within probably the next 2 months..(leaving phase 1). Obviously I nned to educate myself on the next steps so that I really know what I can and cannot do food wise, what exercise I should do, (not just my half baked squats and lunges and plank challenges in the morning) my question for you all is what kind of scale do you own I have a good old fashioned one, but it's not accurate, even when I adjust it and honestly, I would like a good scale that will keep me on track. So...that, today is my question for you all. Thanks ladies and keep up the excellent work!! We are all doing amazing things here!!!
Linda, I just got a new scale. My old one died last week (I've had it for years and I don't think it was very accurate). I know a lot of people here have mentioned Aria but it's $$$ and I don't need all the fancy features.
What I ended up getting was EatSmart scale - on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004L6NTHU/...at+smart+scale

Just got it yesterday...I Love it so far. Weighed myself this morning and it shows I'm down over 4lb since my WI on Thursday
Of course that's just nonsense, all scales are different. But it'll be interesting to see how different it is from my coach's scale
Seriously though, it was easy to set up, gives BF% etc.
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:01 AM   #35  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o05_s00
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #36  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Thanks for the well wishes from everyone. My tummy seems to have settled down. I'm still pretty achy but I walked my 3 miles today; just took it easy and made sure I had plenty of water. I didn't quite get all my protein in today but I think tomorrow I'll be back OP.

NSV: my 20 yo son came over after my walk. I was standing in my kitchen in my spandex shorts and a tank top and running shoes. My son walked in and saw me from the back and said he didn't know who I was!!
Old 09-06-2015, 11:57 PM   #37  

Home!
What a great weekend - and DH's uncle loved the gift we got him - it their last name spelled out with various horse-themed pictures (he has a horse farm) - ie, the "S" is 2 sideways horse shoes. He teared up - it was very touching and I am so glad we made it down.

Did a little better with eating today - combined lunch and dinner so enjoyed another heaping helping of the fresh pork - but only with veggies today, no other extras.

Hiked the mountain again too
Old 09-07-2015, 10:20 AM   #38  
determined

Sounds like you're having such a wonderful time,Beth. I know you are feeling so good!

I've dusted off my recumbent bike and am riding 5 miles a day roight now, easing up to 10 then 20...i need my legs in shape for some mountain hiking of my own come the end of December. We go to Big Bend National Park and spend the week between Christmas and New Years there. We've always stuck to the lowland, desert hikes. And althought when you look out across the landscape and it looks flat, I can assure you: that desert is not near as flat as it looks! Arroyos, creeks beds up and down...it has always been challenging especially when there is nowhere to sit and take a breather. You might find a large enough boulder to rest your backside on but often there isn't much more than cacti and yucca! But this trip I am determined to go UP instead of stay down.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:19 AM   #39  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
I've dusted off my recumbent bike and am riding 5 miles a day roight now, easing up to 10 then 20...i need my legs in shape for some mountain hiking of my own come the end of December. We go to Big Bend National Park and spend the week between Christmas and New Years there. We've always stuck to the lowland, desert hikes. And althought when you look out across the landscape and it looks flat, I can assure you: that desert is not near as flat as it looks! Arroyos, creeks beds up and down...it has always been challenging especially when there is nowhere to sit and take a breather. You might find a large enough boulder to rest your backside on but often there isn't much more than cacti and yucca! But this trip I am determined to go UP instead of stay down.
By the end of December, I bet you'll be very close to your goal weight! You will ROCK the hiking!
Old 09-08-2015, 08:54 AM   #40  

Quote:
Sounds like you're having such a wonderful time,Beth. I know you are feeling so good!

NICE Frawnie! What an awesome goal to have! That sounds like a beautiful vacation. I love hiking too and its nice to know I have the stamina now - knees and ankles are not hurting like they were 70 pounds ago.

Back to work today Hope you guys don't mind me coming and lamenting - but boy, it is going to be a LONG 2 weeks. Soon to be ex-co worker is also on jury duty today - insult to injury...one less day of training.

I also just sent my PCP a note - my TOM seems to have started AGAIN- wtf! (and wouldn't you know I am wearing WHITE pants).
Last month I thought I was starting like normal (25 - 27 days) then ended up 10 days late...now this one appears to be back on the regular schedule (but only 16 days).
I am almost 39 with a Mirena IUD (hormonal)...prior to IP, I was barely having a TOM and now it seems to never stop.
My yearly was scheduled for November but I asked about bumping it up if anything becomes available. I am fairly sure this is a side effect of IP / releasing estrogen, but also thought after 8 months it would have settled down and would feel better getting a clean bill of health.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:02 AM   #41  
determined

Thanks for all the good vibes, ladies! I am loving life these days!

Beth I sure hope your week gets better...hugs girl!

Last edited by frawniemae; 09-08-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:51 PM   #42  

Quote:
Thanks for all the good vibes, ladies! I am loving life these days!

Beth I sure hope your week gets better...hugs girl!
Look at you - I see that ticker moving to the right again lady!!!!
Old 09-08-2015, 03:35 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

HIS – Love your NSV!!! What a compliment (and even better since we’re always so conscious of our “rear-end view”

Beth – I’m so glad you had a great vacation, I know you’ve had a lot of ups and downs over the summer.
So sorry your first week back to work is off to a not so great start, hope it gets better soon.

Frawnie – Your hiking trip sounds like such fun… and ambitious…great trip for you to look forward to, and especially nice that you’ll be at goal (or close to goal) by Christmas (no, change that back to AT GOAL )What a nice thing to look forward to. You’ve just been doing so tremendously great on this diet (you are such a great motivator for me, BTW )… I’m sure you’ll get there, no prob!

Loving this last blast of summer here, usually once we’re into Sept, it feels like fall is close, but next few weeks are looking good! Don’t want to put away all the summer clothes just yet
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 03:56 PM   #44  
Started IP 6/10/2015

Quote:
I have a Tanita scale that measures weight, body fat% and water%. I bought it a few years ago and have found it weighs within 1 lb of the scale at the clinic. I'm not sure I like the body fat percentage part though - it can be depressing LOL
roxysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I ordered the Eatsmart scale that measures everything under the sun. Had good reviews and it ended up being like 58 dollars with shipping, and made in the good ole USofA. Can't wait for it to arrive. I want to get it soon so that I can start weighing accurately, especially since I am starting to integrate some alternatives.
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote