Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2015, 07:30 PM   #121  
Senior Member
 
Loser13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 207

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Default

Destony I know exactly waht you are talking about...I have eaten chip after chip and with each bite I kept telling myself to STOP...but I didnt. i find that some days are alot harder than others. I have been going to camp every weekend where there is always junk food around the fire...some of the times I could jusy say no and it would be no problem...other times I would have to talk to myself and even walk away because I sooooo much wanted those doritos. I knew that if I had one I could not stop.

I'm happy to say that I am day 31 without any junk food...now I have sniffed chips and peanuts but not a bite not even a lick.

I started doing the Gillian Micheals workouts and added a snack...bit I have been reading so many threads and I just dont know anymore. I'm ok with the weight coming off more slowly if I tone but I dont want the loss to stop. I am also walking at leat 10000 Steps...or more...I got a vovofit and try to get to goal..today 14000...when I got for a walk it is leisurely done..most steps I do are done at work.

Would love to know what you ladies have decided to do with the exercice.

Grateful you said you added an ounce of cheese...regualr or low fat? And you said it was cheddar?

Well another Monday tomorrow!
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:55 PM   #122  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15
 
HereIStand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: TX
Posts: 797

Height: 5' 10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
NSV - went to the thrift store - all size 10 slacks for work & a SIZE 8 pair of jeans! A little snug & some muffin top, but zipped & wearable! Amazing!!!! Also got a couple M blouses - had to put one back b/c of my shoulders - fit through the waist but no give up top.

So, the more I keep looking around, the more I am coming to the realization & I am 95% positive I've knocked myself out of ketosis *sigh* I am sticking to the lower carb scale of veggies / products for a couple days and power back through the keto-flu (yuk!)

I saw some hard core IP'ers saying that a 4th packet will knock you out of ketosis :??: but extra packets are encouraged if you exercise...?

I am also making peace with this slow down in WL. Linda - I want to put the scale away so bad, but then I think about the fact that if I hadn't weighed yesterday, today's weight would have disappointed me even more...

A thought I've had that is giving me a measure of peace & patience with this though is that I've never been below this weight in my adult (18) life...and truthfully, probably since I was 8 / 9 years old...30 years of my life +155.
I am starting to feel like my body is holding onto everything it can for dear life. It doesn't know any better...I am down to a point where I am getting rid of fat / fluff that has been there for 30 YEARS!!!! Of course it isn't just going to go away without a fight.
Congrats on the size 8!! If I get down to that size - and I think I can - I will probably hug a salesgirl right there in the store.

You and I seem to be on parallel tracks. I've been wondering if I'm out of ketosis, too. I have an extra 1/2 packet (usually 1/2 of a RTD shake before my morning run), and I've been eating veggies that are higher in carbs, and having a restricted every day. I'm still just so hungry every afternoon and evening! And the weight loss is so slow now. I seem to stay at one weight for a week or more, then drop two pounds overnight, then another 7+ days at that weight.... It does feel like a fight, and I don't know how long to continue it. I do know I'd really like to lose a minimum of 6 more pounds, which would make a total of -50 for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
Destony I know exactly waht you are talking about...I have eaten chip after chip and with each bite I kept telling myself to STOP...but I didnt. i find that some days are alot harder than others. I have been going to camp every weekend where there is always junk food around the fire...some of the times I could jusy say no and it would be no problem...other times I would have to talk to myself and even walk away because I sooooo much wanted those doritos. I knew that if I had one I could not stop.

I'm happy to say that I am day 31 without any junk food...now I have sniffed chips and peanuts but not a bite not even a lick.

I started doing the Gillian Micheals workouts and added a snack...bit I have been reading so many threads and I just dont know anymore. I'm ok with the weight coming off more slowly if I tone but I dont want the loss to stop. I am also walking at leat 10000 Steps...or more...I got a vovofit and try to get to goal..today 14000...when I got for a walk it is leisurely done..most steps I do are done at work.

Would love to know what you ladies have decided to do with the exercice.
Yes, sometimes physically walking away is the only solution. And knowing what your trigger foods are. I absolutely cannot have chocolate chip cookies in my house, EVER. You are doing so good to sniff and not taste!

Re: exercise. I have been walking, vigorously, since about week 4 on the IP protocol. I slowly increased my distance and time until I was walking briskly for at least 45 minutes. I was surprised that my weight loss didn't slow (average 3 lbs/week) and it seemed to help with toning. But I started jogging 2 weeks ago, and that's when my weight loss slowed way down. I really need the exercise, so I'm willing to make the trade-off for slower weight loss. I have a friend who did IP last spring; we're about the same size and build, and she didn't exercise at all until she reached goal. But she looked so...deflated ... when she got to goal. No muscle tone at all, and everything just looked droopy and saggy. I'm still about 8 pounds heavier than her, but I look a lot more fit.

Last edited by HereIStand; 09-20-2015 at 08:56 PM.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:06 PM   #123  
Senior Member
 
hysteria_625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 1,242

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Default

HIS - lol thanks I should have taken a picture...I still can't believe I got them over my hips

So, although I posted about being out of ketosis...I know all common theories espouse ketones are active when eating under 50g carb per day

I use MFP and can count on one hand how many days I've been over 50g - and that is total, not net. Ketosis is ketosis...but yes, I think something knocked me out (most likely the bbq'd meat I indulged in over Labor Day) - and it might explain the extreme mood swings and exhaustion I've had the last week. Ugh!

I'm not going to start anything b/c I don't have the science to back me up - but I cannot bite that an extra packet is going to put someone out of ketosis...obviously if someone indulges and eats multiple restricted bars that are the highest carb, it's possible...I mean, the basic theory of exercises having the packet is we are already running a severe calorie deficit and the exercise increases that (plus, muscles need to repair, etc...) - but that is calories, not carbs...and carbs are what knock you out of ketosis
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:23 AM   #124  
Junior Member
 
Noellenoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1

Default

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster

I'm on day 22. It's been going great so far. I've adjusted to the diet pretty well, got into ketosis by day 5, I'm drinking an actual gallon of water a day. I've been really sticking to the program - respecting the restricted foods, only using two WF or 0-0-0 products a day, limiting stevia to twice a day, gave up the milk in the coffee for part of a vanilla drink I finish later in the day. I've lost 11 pounds.

Here's the bad part:
(please forgive me for graphic info)

I had oral surgery on Tuesday. My husband was awesome about making meals for my plan. Sometimes waking me up so I'd eat on time then I'd go back to sleep. I noticed the Tylenol 3 I was taking for pain was making me nauseated in the morning, almost like a hangover, so I switched to otc ibuprofen. I'm on amoxicillin until next Tuesday and I've been sure to take it with meals. Also, my hormones seem to have overpowered the depo provera shots that have helped me not had a period in a year and a half. That's a bummer.

On Thursday I realized I hadn't had a bm in about four days. Thankfully Thursday is my coach day so I talked to her about it. She suggested smooth move tea and some sauerkraut. Friday I had a very lightly steeped cup of tea. Saturday I had a slightly more steeped cup of tea. Saturday night I ate some raw sauerkraut and that seemed to help. Not an extreme reaction but enough to make me happy.

Tonight I'm seriously sick to my stomach. Like doubled over can't sleep crying in the bathtub stomach cramps. I had a lot of trouble getting all my food down today and have had to really force myself to even get my 64 oz of water. I'm a little stressed because I have some construction work happening to my house in the morning but usually a warm bath will calm me down if I'm stressed. It didn't help. I haven't thrown up yet but it might be in the cards by the end of the night.

I just can't help thinking: is it stress? Amoxicillin? Fallout from the tea/sauerkraut experiment? Hormonal? I haven't taken any pain mess since Saturday. I might possibly be causing more stress trying to figure out wth is going on in that stomach!

I'm going to try having some chamomile tea and lying back down. I'm definitely contacting my coach tomorrow.

Sorry about my first post being gross and whiny but I just had to vent!
Noellenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:01 AM   #125  
Senior Member
 
Destony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 520

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noellenoodle View Post
Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster

I'm on day 22. It's been going great so far. I've adjusted to the diet pretty well, got into ketosis by day 5, I'm drinking an actual gallon of water a day. I've been really sticking to the program - respecting the restricted foods, only using two WF or 0-0-0 products a day, limiting stevia to twice a day, gave up the milk in the coffee for part of a vanilla drink I finish later in the day. I've lost 11 pounds.

Here's the bad part:
(please forgive me for graphic info)

I had oral surgery on Tuesday. My husband was awesome about making meals for my plan. Sometimes waking me up so I'd eat on time then I'd go back to sleep. I noticed the Tylenol 3 I was taking for pain was making me nauseated in the morning, almost like a hangover, so I switched to otc ibuprofen. I'm on amoxicillin until next Tuesday and I've been sure to take it with meals. Also, my hormones seem to have overpowered the depo provera shots that have helped me not had a period in a year and a half. That's a bummer.

On Thursday I realized I hadn't had a bm in about four days. Thankfully Thursday is my coach day so I talked to her about it. She suggested smooth move tea and some sauerkraut. Friday I had a very lightly steeped cup of tea. Saturday I had a slightly more steeped cup of tea. Saturday night I ate some raw sauerkraut and that seemed to help. Not an extreme reaction but enough to make me happy.

Tonight I'm seriously sick to my stomach. Like doubled over can't sleep crying in the bathtub stomach cramps. I had a lot of trouble getting all my food down today and have had to really force myself to even get my 64 oz of water. I'm a little stressed because I have some construction work happening to my house in the morning but usually a warm bath will calm me down if I'm stressed. It didn't help. I haven't thrown up yet but it might be in the cards by the end of the night.

I just can't help thinking: is it stress? Amoxicillin? Fallout from the tea/sauerkraut experiment? Hormonal? I haven't taken any pain mess since Saturday. I might possibly be causing more stress trying to figure out wth is going on in that stomach!

I'm going to try having some chamomile tea and lying back down. I'm definitely contacting my coach tomorrow.

Sorry about my first post being gross and whiny but I just had to vent!
NoelleI am not 100% certain, but Tylenol 3 has codeine in it, I think- if so- that is likely your problem. Shortly before I went on IP, I had a back issue- they put me on a pain killer, (a VERY mild one) and no one bothered to mention I would need a stool softner. Your description of the cramps and other symptoms (I remember laying on my bathroom floor in tears for almost an entire day in tears) sound very familiar to me. My boyfriend is retired FF/EMT, I will p/m you what he told me, as it gets a bit graphic.
You're not being whiny- you're here to see if someone else has experienced something and can help you- THAT IS WHAT SUPPORT IS ALL ABOUT!!! and this forum is all about that. I don't know where I would be without all of these wonderful women!!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:44 AM   #126  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15
 
HereIStand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: TX
Posts: 797

Height: 5' 10"

Default

Yes, Tylenol 3 has a narcotic in it, which slows down the bowels. Your upset gut could be from the meds, but there is also a bug going around (seems to be nationwide) with symptoms of nausea and vomiting.

Try to stay hydrated, don't worry about getting all your protein in but try to eat some veggies for the fiber. I was sick a month ago and I just ate chicken broth, tea, and some nice cold cucumber sticks. When I could eat more, I just had protein oatmeal. Just soft things that were easy to get down.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:22 AM   #127  
Junior Member
 
Mamak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1

S/C/G: 206/206/135

Height: 5"5

Default newbie

just started the IP program and looking for support!
Mamak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:34 AM   #128  
Senior Member
 
hysteria_625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 1,242

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Default

Linda - FYI - you might not be able to PM her as it was her first post on the boards

Noelle - I am so sorry. One thing that comes to mind though is the smooth move tea - I've read some people have a bad reaction to Senna (the active ingredient - and this includes cramping. Since you already worked out your issue, so to speak, it may be the lingering effects of the senna. Also, I've never needed to use it after one cup. I really hope you are feeling better this morning.
Funny (but gross) story - 11 years ago, after the birth of my second daughter, in order to get released from the hospital you had to have a movement. I was breastfeeding so instead of ExLax, they gave me a bottle of senna in pill form. Well, I was ready to go the heck home (lol) and took 3 pills within 8 hours... lets just say I learned my lesson - and the night nurse disliked me immensely.

So it is Day 1 without co-worker I was running a little late and it was weird coming in and seeing his area emptied out.

Then I got an email from the friend of the potential candidate (w/o the resume I requested) saying the 'candidate' had an interview somewhere else Friday and would let me know this week if they were still interested We'll see if it was meant to be or not

On a positive note, if I wasn't in ketosis before, I am now - I was absolutely FREEZING last night and woke up with "dragon-potty-breath" lol
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #129  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15
 
HereIStand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: TX
Posts: 797

Height: 5' 10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamak View Post
just started the IP program and looking for support!
Welcome Mamak! I started the IP protocol on June 8, using all alternative products. I found this site within a short time and the other IP users here have been so supportive and helpful. Don't hesitate to ask questions or vent or whatever you need to do to get through the day.

The protocol definitely works; I've lost 45 pounds in 15 weeks, and that included two weeks of travel, two big parties, and multiple meals out with friends.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:55 AM   #130  
Began IP 3-29-2012
 
usmcvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Barre, Vermont
Posts: 1,693

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
Since the 2015 thread has gone way over 500 posts, maybe its time for a new thread. Hope thats OK?

Summer is coming to an end - so many us have had great summers, lots of successes, SVs and NSVs that weve all shared, and some getting so close to goal or reaching maintenance.

So Forward into Fall. Lets keep going strong!


-------------------------------------------------------
Makes sense! =)

Hey folks. I hope all is well. Today marks day one for me. I weighed in last Thursday. I spoke to my coach and we agreed starting today made more sense because I was going camping over the weekend. I know in the past I did best when I used my journal and when I checked in here through out the day. Have a great day and Bring on the Headaches and Ketosis!

usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:44 PM   #131  
Started IP P1 Aug 7 ,15
 
mandasquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 36

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

HI I was wondering if any of you IP peeps also suffer from migraines. I get them on occasion and we have yet to figure out what triggers them. I know before I started IP if I had a migraine anything with an artificial sweetener would make it worse, not much would relieve it and generally I'd turn to a bagel with butter and some chicken noodle soup to help soothe my stomach.

So yesterday I got my first migraine since starting IP and wasn't sure how to deal with it. I was afraid that my IP packets would make it worse. I'm sure I didn't deal with it the best but with my head being that sore staying on plan was not high on my priority list, I did skip the bagel but had some cheese and cracker with some Gatorade G2, I'm sure it knocked me out of ketosis but at the time it seemed like the best option.

So I was wondering what others do, so that way I can have a bit of a plan in place for when the next one hits.
mandasquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:43 PM   #132  
Senior Member
 
hysteria_625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 1,242

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandasquared View Post
HI I was wondering if any of you IP peeps also suffer from migraines. I get them on occasion and we have yet to figure out what triggers them. I know before I started IP if I had a migraine anything with an artificial sweetener would make it worse, not much would relieve it and generally I'd turn to a bagel with butter and some chicken noodle soup to help soothe my stomach.

So yesterday I got my first migraine since starting IP and wasn't sure how to deal with it. I was afraid that my IP packets would make it worse. I'm sure I didn't deal with it the best but with my head being that sore staying on plan was not high on my priority list, I did skip the bagel but had some cheese and cracker with some Gatorade G2, I'm sure it knocked me out of ketosis but at the time it seemed like the best option.

So I was wondering what others do, so that way I can have a bit of a plan in place for when the next one hits.
sorry Manda - can't remember - are you 100% alt or do you have a coach? My heart goes out to you - I've only had 1 migraine in my life and never want to experience another one

My thought would be if you are afraid the chemicals in the IP packets will intensify the migraine to switch over, as much as you can, to real foods we CAN eat, like hard boiled eggs (scrambled, etc...), easy to grab veggies - cucumbers, jicama, sliced peppers ... maybe keep some all natural deli meat on hand that could be rolled up with lettuce / sliced peppers in a pinch?

Also, IP coaches should have a product called mangosteen - a drink that is somewhat comparable to Gatorade
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:00 PM   #133  
Started IP P1 Aug 7 ,15
 
mandasquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 36

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

Thanks Beth, I do have a coach I'm not doing the alt products. Generally I'm ok with the IP packets but yesterday afternoon there was no way I was going to chance it. And because I'm not doing alternatives there was nothing I had that I could grab quickly as I was not up for cooking and if I was I think the smell of the hard boiled eggs would have put me over the edge. And I really felt that I needed something other than veg in my system.

As for the mangosteen my coach doesn't carry it because it didn't sell her clients found it too costly. I asked her about it and she suggested that I use Mio since it is sweetened with sucralose. But I'm trying to limit my sucralose intake as well as I mentioned in the PCOS thread.

Thankfully everything seems to be back on track today. So I'm back on plan fully
mandasquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:36 PM   #134  
Senior Member
 
Kalaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 114

S/C/G: 187/135/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

If you're willing to dip into your sucralose intake, you could try Powerade Zero to compare to Gatorade. I was sick for about 2 weeks and was put on a clear liquid diet during most of that time so I had a few bottles because I just could not stomach water. It didn't seem to hurt my losses too much; still managed to lose almost 6lbs in 2 weeks.

On another note, if anyone on IP is ever put on a clear liquid diet you need to get Isopure CLEAR protein drink! Alas, I discovered it a week after I recovered . Still happy I did though! I normally use Isopure protein powder for drinks, but the clear RTD version is a nice treat. Still tastes somewhat protein-y, yet is very comparable to juice! Yes...juice! Omg I missed juice.

0/0/0 and your choice of 15g (Nashua Nutrition) protein or 40g (GNC/Other Retailers) protein portions.

<---Huge fan /thumbs up
Kalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:42 AM   #135  
Ready to Reboot!
 
MiWi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Maryland
Posts: 232

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandasquared View Post
HI I was wondering if any of you IP peeps also suffer from migraines. I get them on occasion and we have yet to figure out what triggers them. I know before I started IP if I had a migraine anything with an artificial sweetener would make it worse, not much would relieve it and generally I'd turn to a bagel with butter and some chicken noodle soup to help soothe my stomach.

So yesterday I got my first migraine since starting IP and wasn't sure how to deal with it. I was afraid that my IP packets would make it worse. I'm sure I didn't deal with it the best but with my head being that sore staying on plan was not high on my priority list, I did skip the bagel but had some cheese and cracker with some Gatorade G2, I'm sure it knocked me out of ketosis but at the time it seemed like the best option.

So I was wondering what others do, so that way I can have a bit of a plan in place for when the next one hits.
Yes, I get migraines. When I was on Phase 1, I drank coffee and took Imitrex. I didn't eat anything off plan. I actually don't have much of an appetite during a migraine so it may be a different experience than yours.
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:18 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.